GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst county in Ireland

+2
JimWexford
KerryKatriona
6 posters

Go down

Worst county in Ireland Empty Worst county in Ireland

Post  KerryKatriona Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:57 pm

What are your nominations? It has to be Laois for me. Little or no senior success at GAA. Nothing in terms of tourism unless you want to count a psychiatric hospital or a prison. Horrible flat accents. I can't think of one famous person from Laois, sports or otherwise. I don't think there is one on here either.

Most of the main towns are bypassed. Maybe they should extend the bypass to the whole county?
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Worst county in Ireland Empty Re: Worst county in Ireland

Post  JimWexford Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:02 pm

KerryKatriona wrote:What are your nominations? It has to be Laois for me. Little or no senior success at GAA. Nothing in terms of tourism unless you want to count a psychiatric hospital or a prison. Horrible flat accents. I can't think of one famous person from Laois, sports or otherwise. I don't think there is one on here either.

Most of the main towns are bypassed. Maybe they should extend the bypass to the whole county?
Take point with you on that.
Most successful GAA family regarding the inter pros where from Laois.
They are a dual county still
Tommy Murphy the boy wonder would be possibly one of the most famous GAA people, even got a national competition called after him
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:10 pm

KerryKatriona wrote:What are your nominations? It has to be Laois for me. Little or no senior success at GAA. Nothing in terms of tourism unless you want to count a psychiatric hospital or a prison. Horrible flat accents. I can't think of one famous person from Laois, sports or otherwise. I don't think there is one on here either.

Tommy Murphy, the entire Delaney clan from Stradbally, the late Bobby Millar, O.J.Flanagan, Tom Prendergast, Tom (coughs) Parlon, Kevin O'Higgins and former MEP Paddy Lalor who represented Laois at hurling and football (may indeed have been on the beaten Laois hurling team A/I final 1949) along with Paddy Rushtitchko?...

Now Roscommon, on the other hand.....sighs!!!!!! Worst county in Ireland Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:01 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
Now Roscommon, on the other hand.....sighs!!!!!! Worst county in Ireland Suspect

Douglas Hyde, Albert, Maureen O'Sullivan, the real Chief of Staff, Percy French - away with you Leitrim man.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:17 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

Douglas Hyde, Albert, Maureen O'Sullivan, the real Chief of Staff, Percy French - away with you Leitrim man.

Taking them in order:
A great ground commerating his name and Presidancy.....3
Albert was sound..Peacemaker..
A full solid legend.....I saw him make his debut(Senior) in the Primrose & Blue bout '66/7...in Carick as I recall...
Allowed...Paddy Reilly and all that..

I'd have time for 3 others...Tony Mac..Gerry O'Malley and the late Séan Doherty.....rogue, rascal, representative..Top guy.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:00 am

Well it can't be any of the Ulster counties so that narrows it down a bit.
Here's a few candidates that I'll narrown down:
Louth
Meath
Dublin
Wicklow
Longford
Westmeath
Laois
Kilkenny
Carlow
Leitrim
Roscommon
Limerick
Kerry
Waterford
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:45 am

Kerry laois had some fine footballers -and it was my second home for a few years..Tom prendergast was 1 of their greats
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:26 pm

Meath

Why? For stealing OUR name! Worst county in Ireland Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:23 pm

I think Portlaoise's display yesterday on and off the pitch underlines everything I have said here about the county. I believe they had cancelled the St Patricks Day parade there too. What a county.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down