GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any League of Ireland fans on here?

+13
black&white
Real Kerry Fan
OMAR
up.the.oak.trees
bocerty
clash-of-da-ash
6inarow
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
hurlingguru
Dr.Shephard
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Any League of Ireland fans on here? Empty Any League of Ireland fans on here?

Post  Dr.Shephard Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:52 pm

I know that a few on here follow the Premiership and international soccer but I am just wondering does anyone follow/attend League of Ireland matches?
Before the move to summer football I was a Sligo Rovers season ticket holder for years. Although I still regularly attend games I miss quite a few due to Gaa commiments.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim
Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Any League of Ireland fans on here? Empty Re: Any League of Ireland fans on here?

Post  hurlingguru Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:57 pm

I follow FC Carlow.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Any League of Ireland fans on here? Empty Re: Any League of Ireland fans on here?

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Not a clue about LOI as I live in England. But I do follow League One which is probably around the same standard!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Dr.Shephard wrote:I know that a few on here follow the Premiership and international soccer but I am just wondering does anyone follow/attend League of Ireland matches?
Before the move to summer football I was a Sligo Rovers season ticket holder for years. Although I still regularly attend games I miss quite a few due to Gaa commiments.

Wrong forum with this one Doc........try "soccerballisfooked".com..............
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Am an inactive Bohs fan for many years due to geography and lethargy .... Remember a certain Cup Final and Harry McLoughlin though! Was active during the Jackie Jameson period though - a class act - God rest him.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Am an inactive Bohs fan for many years due to geography and lethargy .... Remember a certain Cup Final and Harry McLoughlin though! Was active during the Jameson period though - a class act - God rest him.

I'll bet you were......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:11 am

And Rovers to play Juventus next Any League of Ireland fans on here? Icon_evil ........... hate them to be honest .... Would cheer for Linfield first ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:20 am

Everyone hates Shams, but what is unique about the LoI is that when a team is playing in Europe the supporters of all the other clubs get behind them.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:14 am

SRFC > The pride of the Nation Any League of Ireland fans on here? Icon_wink
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:10 am

Dr.Shephard wrote:Everyone hates Shams, but what is unique about the LoI is that when a team is playing in Europe the supporters of all the other clubs get behind them.

Any League of Ireland fans on here? Icon_evil Any League of Ireland fans on here? Icon_evil Any League of Ireland fans on here? Icon_evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Am an inactive Bohs fan for many years due to geography and lethargy .... Remember a certain Cup Final and Harry McLoughlin though! Was active during the Jackie Jameson period though - a class act - God rest him.

A nice 3-0 preseason win for Wolves the other night over there although from what I read Bohs didn't put a full strength first team out.

I'll take a win wherever we can get one though Any League of Ireland fans on here? Icon_lol

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Would love to see a LOI team get into the champions league group stages Bohemians had a great chance this year but blew it. Anybody know where Fingal are getting all the money from?
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:57 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Would love to see a LOI team get into the champions league group stages Bohemians had a great chance this year but blew it. Anybody know where Fingal are getting all the money from?

Dunno where they are getting it now but the original backers were twinlite (property development) Keelings (Fruit and veg distributor) and wait for it...................................... Anglo Irish Bank PLC

They also get some kind of assistance from Fingal Co.Co. which isn't right as none of the other clubs get anything from their local council or corporation.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:09 pm

mossbags wrote:SRFC > The pride of the Nation Any League of Ireland fans on here? Icon_wink

Agreed. Up the Bit O' Red
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:26 am

C'mon Juve ........... 7-0 please God!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:C'mon Juve ........... 7-0 please God!

0-0 draw at 11/1 looks tempting.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Juve 1-0 looks nice aswel. 11-2.

Come On You Boys In Green!!!

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:30 pm

According to the news, the Atrocity League of Ireland representatives were defeated 2-0 by some Italian team.
Doubtless "our boys" played the Italians off the park only to be denied by two late and dubious goals from Guiseppe Sheridano...A moral victory no doubt.. Any League of Ireland fans on here? Suspect John Delaney will be telling the world now that "we're only a whisker away from Champions League football".....
You couldn't make this soccerball guff up...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:43 pm

We slag the Brits about their jingoistic commentary - well listening to that commentary tonight made me cringe. Jesus call it like it is - is was like U12s playing Inter. Juve could have won 6-0 if they had been bothered. Is the tie over now asked one ......... yeah the tie was over when the draw was made.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:47 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:We slag the Brits about their jingoistic commentary - well listening to that commentary tonight made me cringe. Jesus call it like it is - is was like U12s playing Inter. Juve could have won 6-0 if they had been bothered. Is the tie over now asked one ......... yeah the tie was over when the draw was made.

you mean you actually listened to it - was there no soaps on TV isntead????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 pm

I watched it - and enjoyed it - though the score was a bit low for my liking.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:14 am

Boxtyeater wrote:According to the news, the Atrocity League of Ireland representatives were defeated 2-0 by some Italian team.
Doubtless "our boys" played the Italians off the park only to be denied by two late and dubious goals from Guiseppe Sheridano...A moral victory no doubt.. Any League of Ireland fans on here? Suspect John Delaney will be telling the world now that "we're only a whisker away from Champions League football".....
You couldn't make this soccerball guff up...

John Delaney couldn't care less about any LoI side.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:12 pm

Is Derry city in the league of Ireland?
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:14 pm

First Division - got relegated cos of financial messing .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:First Division - got relegated cos of financial messing .....

Financial messing in the Atrocity league. Question No Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next