GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin fans let themselves down again

+3
mullins
North Side Gael
Peter Solan the Great
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dublin fans let themselves down again Empty Dublin fans let themselves down again

Post  Peter Solan the Great Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:18 pm

My brother the guard has been on the phone. It seems the dublin fans are taking this defeat quite hard. Big trouble on the way out of the hill with dublin fans throwing objects at gardai Stewards and opposition fans. Ten arrests so far, but he has said he has never seen it worse.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Dublin fans let themselves down again Empty Re: Dublin fans let themselves down again

Post  Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:21 pm

disgrace during and after the match

Back to top Go down

Dublin fans let themselves down again Empty Re: Dublin fans let themselves down again

Post  North Side Gael Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:08 pm

These posts shouldnt be allowed without having a proper source!

Im sure a section of the dublin fans COULD have let themselves down however 10 arrests etc, has this come from a news source?

Maybe your brother should have been helping out with crowd management instead of on the phone to you pete!

Im not condoning bad behaviour at games or anywhere else but i wouldnt mind seeing a source.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:19 pm

North Side Gael wrote:These posts shouldnt be allowed without having a proper source!

Im sure a section of the dublin fans COULD have let themselves down however 10 arrests etc, has this come from a news source?

Maybe your brother should have been helping out with crowd management instead of on the phone to you pete!

Im not condoning bad behaviour at games or anywhere else but i wouldnt mind seeing a source.

The source is the Gardai. If you have a problem believing it then ring up Store street and ask them. Nothing worse then Dublin Apologists. Crowd management me ****. How do you mitigate against drunk Dublin fans?
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Peter Solan the Great wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:These posts shouldnt be allowed without having a proper source!

The source is the Gardai. If you have a problem believing it then ring up Store street and ask them. Nothing worse then Dublin Apologists. Crowd management me ****. How do you mitigate against drunk Dublin fans?

Catch yourself on, ring store street and ask who and how many was arrested, im sure the press could tell us that, sounds like your full of s**te!

"Dublin apologist", my god your a comedian as well as a bull sh*ter!

If the gardai are capable of controlling english soccer fans then im sure they are capable of controlling the dub gaa support which i do admit has its faults ie the whistler in the crowd, however you are a mixer!

Go away ya WUM ya!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 pm

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Barney from the dubliners is a friends of the family..UPTHE DUBS WE ARE WHAT OTHERS WANT TO BE cheers
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:42 pm

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:44 pm

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Up the Dubs
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:54 pm

mullins wrote:
Barney from the dubliners is a friends of the family..UPTHE DUBS WE ARE WHAT OTHERS WANT TO BE cheers

By 'others' you surely don't mean Cork, Kildare or Down?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
mullins wrote:

no culture john culture is there any outside the pale..bar watching fair city
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:05 pm

for mugsy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:06 pm

mullins wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:
mullins wrote:

no culture john culture is there any outside the pale..bar watching fair city

Ignorance must be bliss.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Dublin fans let themselves down again DoubleFacePalm

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:25 pm

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:44 pm

Peter Solan the Great wrote:My brother the guard has been on the phone. It seems the dublin fans are taking this defeat quite hard. Big trouble on the way out of the hill with dublin fans throwing objects at gardai Stewards and opposition fans. Ten arrests so far, but he has said he has never seen it worse.

no welcome in noctors for you boy.. Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:59 pm

for all the dubs today
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:02 pm

Sunday Indo:

Extra gardai will be on patrol on and outside Hill 16 today - in order to monitor cocaine abuse among an unruly element of the fans as Dublin face Cork at Croke Park.

Additional officers will be on patrol to combat open drug-taking which occurred on the Hill last Sunday during the Dublin/Meath replay.

While the GAA are no doubt delighted to see Dublin progress in the Championship as they are guaranteed a Croke Park sell-out almost every time, stories of cocaine use and violence on the Hill will not please the sport's senior officials.

Earlier last week, several callers to a national radio show detailed how they saw young men openly sprinkle cocaine on the cisterns in the toilets before snorting the drug.

I also observed coke being taken. As others went about their business in one of the large toilet areas underneath the expansive terrace, I saw young men - in full view of everyone - lining up to take cocaine.

"I have been on the Hill for over 20 years and I have never seen anything like that, that's rotten. I have my kids with me," one man said to me as he left the toilet and headed back to the Hill.

At present, several homemade videos containing images of people on the famous Hill throwing bottles at stewards and gardai are uploaded on internet website YouTube.

On the way into the Hill last Sunday, many fans were subjected to searches by stewards and gardai, but the officials' priority was to confiscate glass alcohol bottles. Fans spoke openly about having bottles of beer taken off them - while sizeable blocks of hash in their pockets were left undisturbed.

The Sunday Independent understands that undercover gardai will be on duty on Hill 16 in addition to the uniform police to monitor events as they progress.

Garda sources have confirmed that they were made aware of what happened last Sunday and measures are being put in place to combat such events.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Peter Solan the Great wrote:Sunday Indo:

Extra gardai will be on patrol on and outside Hill 16 today - in order to monitor cocaine abuse among an unruly element of the fans as Dublin face Cork at Croke Park.

Additional officers will be on patrol to combat open drug-taking which occurred on the Hill last Sunday during the Dublin/Meath replay.

While the GAA are no doubt delighted to see Dublin progress in the Championship as they are guaranteed a Croke Park sell-out almost every time, stories of cocaine use and violence on the Hill will not please the sport's senior officials.

Earlier last week, several callers to a national radio show detailed how they saw young men openly sprinkle cocaine on the cisterns in the toilets before snorting the drug.

peter that story is about 2 years out of date lazy journalist..maybe you could do with a line

I also observed coke being taken. As others went about their business in one of the large toilet areas underneath the expansive terrace, I saw young men - in full view of everyone - lining up to take cocaine.

"I have been on the Hill for over 20 years and I have never seen anything like that, that's rotten. I have my kids with me," one man said to me as he left the toilet and headed back to the Hill.

At present, several homemade videos containing images of people on the famous Hill throwing bottles at stewards and gardai are uploaded on internet website YouTube.

On the way into the Hill last Sunday, many fans were subjected to searches by stewards and gardai, but the officials' priority was to confiscate glass alcohol bottles. Fans spoke openly about having bottles of beer taken off them - while sizeable blocks of hash in their pockets were left undisturbed.

The Sunday Independent understands that undercover gardai will be on duty on Hill 16 in addition to the uniform police to monitor events as they progress.

Garda sources have confirmed that they were made aware of what happened last Sunday and measures are being put in place to combat such events.
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Peter,

Your clearly clasping at straws to get something on the dub support, catch yourself on, even if this story was up to date it is about guards coming in to keep there eye on the dubs, its not about 10 being arrested as you cliamed ya fecking eejit!

Talk gaa peter, your county gave an excellent display at the weekend, a young corner forward cillian something looks like he'll be in the seniors soon, great display and another excellent game in croker on sunday.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:42 pm

I came out of the Hill yesterday and it was quieter than I ever saw it. My brother was there as a fan too - he's a Guard - used to be in Store St. Did your brother get paid for spoofing you and telling you lies? He was probably on double time too. This is BS as is the article from that rag. Really this thread should be deleted but then there would be uproar I suppose.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:41 pm

This thread should not be deleted but if the absolutely scurrilous comments aimed solely at Dublin fans continues it should be locked.
As has been laboured ad nauseum here every county has their undesirable element - Dublin do not have the monopoly on it.
Statements of fact (backed up by indisputable proof) should possibly be allowed, sweeping generalisations shouldn't.
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:54 pm

North Side Gael wrote:Peter,

Your clearly clasping at straws to get something on the dub support, catch yourself on, even if this story was up to date it is about guards coming in to keep there eye on the dubs, its not about 10 being arrested as you cliamed ya fecking eejit!

Talk gaa peter, your county gave an excellent display at the weekend, a young corner forward cillian something looks like he'll be in the seniors soon, great display and another excellent game in croker on sunday.

Dublin fans let themselves down again Fishing
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I came out of the Hill yesterday and it was quieter than I ever saw it. My brother was there as a fan too - he's a Guard - used to be in Store St. Did your brother get paid for spoofing you and telling you lies? He was probably on double time too. This is BS as is the article from that rag. Really this thread should be deleted but then there would be uproar I suppose.
Dublin fans let themselves down again Images%3Fq%3Dfishing%2Bsmall%2Bfish%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D719%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=508&vpy=345&dur=425&hovh=263&hovw=175&tx=84&ty=282&ei=XvlzTJqVI4i6jAe3kMnhCA&oei=XvlzTJqVI4i6jAe3kMnhCA&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:23,s:0
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next