GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAA fans

+3
johnnos bulls
mid-mon man
GAA-Fan
7 posters

Go down

GAA fans Empty GAA fans

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Have to hand it to them, probarbly the best set of fans that I have came across. Always gracious in defeat and when they win. If Armagh dont win Sam then I really do hope Monaghan do.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

GAA fans Empty Re: GAA fans

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:01 pm

So you havent met the mayo fans yet have you?!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:33 pm

Cheers Admin! Very Happy

Never heard that type of thing said about Monaghan before though!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:55 am

Were monaghan fans not abusing their own players last weekend? Or was that another team. Best supporters in the country are leitrim. Fact
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:22 pm

In all fairness lads and lassies i can't think of any particular sets of fans who i don't like. The best atmosphere i ever witnessed was Tyrone Dublin in 2005 - the atmosphere was electric during both games - in the drawn game the noise was such i though the fecking roof was going to come the stadium, i have been to Old Trafford Anfield (spit) and Goodison Park and the atmosphere there wouldnt have a patch on it - the Anfield game was a United Liverpool game too.

During games fans can obviously get quite animated and are liable to say anything in the heat of battle to opposing fans but when the match is over they always shake your hand win or lose and you can have a pint with them. I remember the 2003 Under 21 All Ireland final between ourselves and the dubs. There were 5 dubs beside us during the match and the whole first half they were really agressive towards Tyrone fans (of course we were full of ourselves having won SAM the previous week) but i have to say they really intimidated me i felt uneasy in their presence, but alas the half time whistle went and they turned round to talk to me like i had known them all their lives, they were decent lads as it turned out but when second half started it was back to the abuse and suddenly i was a Tyrone **** again ..........

Yesterday there was 1 Westmeath fan beside me and he was a grade A **** - i was never so glad to steal a win out of the jaws of defeat - though we didnt deserve it- he was a fecking mouth at one stage advising referee that he should have sent Tyrone player off as he already had a yellow card!!!!!!!! empty vessels. But the look on his face after our goal went in was priceless.

I think we all can be mouthy from time to time but all in all i think we all know were we stand when the fianl whistle goes.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Fans there are 2 sets of fans I don't like; Kerry and Fermanagh, Fermanagh are the most unsporting of fans be it through frustration but the abuse and the booing I have heard from Fermanagh fans is atrocious. It's been highlighted many times last year. Kerry fans on the whole are very arrogant people, and it's not befcause they are a successful team because I like Kilkenny Kerry just don't have the class of Kilkenny.

Then you have Tyrone, I hate Tyrone fans but I love Tyrone people! I have many friends from Tyron, on message boards etc some fans like Big Finger etc let you down but then you have people like Bocerty to cancel them out! It's just the rivalry thing and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:38 pm

johnnos bulls wrote:Were monaghan fans not abusing their own players last weekend? Or was that another team. Best supporters in the country are leitrim. Fact

Yeah good point and not at all biased...

Look, every county has their arseholes, every single one no matter how good or bad, and it's senseless tarnishing the name of the rest of the decent fans because of a couple of idiots. Couldn't say which county has the best fans, there are alot of them. I've been to countless games where the fans have been unbelievable despite losing(sometimes a hammering) and stuck by their county through thick and thin. Like yourself bocerty I wouldn't be able to name a county whose fans I really couldn't stand. There have been times with opposing fans which could really turn you against them, but like I said before I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush. I agree with you on Fermanagh to an extent Niamh, some of them have bad attiudes, and a few were extremely arrogant and obnoxious after our game last year. But on the flipside the vast majority are grand I find, I've friends from Fermanagh and family too! So I think it's just the minority that shows up bad.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Tyrone fans do appear to have a bad name in places - (unfairly so in my opinion) but when you read the likes of HS and read some of the tripe on there then its no wonder - but then we could say the same about other fans - ie Tamoo7 and the Dubs
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:45 pm

bocerty wrote:but then we could say the same about other fans - ie Tamoo7 and the Dubs

Ah nothing like the old sweeping generalisations to get your point across there Boc!! Rolling Eyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:50 pm

JC i think you misunderstood me there - what i meant was there are tyrone posters who get tyrone a bad name on HS and i was just using Tam007 as an example of how other counties suffer the same through silly posters - no offence intended.

I could name others but he was the first who sprung to mind!!!!!!!!! Embarassed
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Ok Boc - you're a decentskin I believe ya!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:22 pm

[quote="mid-mon man"]
johnnos bulls wrote:Were monaghan fans not abusing their own players last weekend? Or was that another team. Best supporters in the country are leitrim. Fact

Yeah good point and not at all biased...

quote]

Not at all biased lol!

We do though.
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Niamh_Derry wrote:Fans there are 2 sets of fans I don't like; Kerry and Fermanagh, Fermanagh are the most unsporting of fans be it through frustration but the abuse and the booing I have heard from Fermanagh fans is atrocious. It's been highlighted many times last year. Kerry fans on the whole are very arrogant people, and it's not befcause they are a successful team because I like Kilkenny Kerry just don't have the class of Kilkenny.

Then you have Tyrone, I hate Tyrone fans but I love Tyrone people! I have many friends from Tyron, on message boards etc some fans like Big Finger etc let you down but then you have
people like Bocerty to cancel them out! It's just the rivalry thing and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I fully agree with you niamh about the fermanagh lads. I was up in croke park for the semi final, Mayov V Fermanagh, in '04, and the abuse hurled at us and other mayo fans was unforgettable. I was simply speechless Mad But they got what was comin to them when we beat them Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:14 am

Mayo1951 wrote:I fully agree with you niamh about the fermanagh lads. I was up in croke park for the semi final, Mayov V Fermanagh, in '04, and the abuse hurled at us and other mayo fans was unforgettable. I was simply speechless Mad But they got what was comin to them when we beat them Laughing

It's funny isn't it how people can have different experiences of the same event. I was at this game with my missus (me in my Donegal jersey and her in her Mayo one) and afterwards we met a load of Fermanagh fans and I can honestly say that we had a brilliant nights craic with them. No abuse, just decent sports fans like ourselves.

As has been said, the reality is that all counties have there unsavoury fans. Some of them are just overly passionate and get carried away during the game (we have all been there!!) and some are just spanners.
I knos that everyone would like to thing tat their fans are the best and that there are no scumbags in your support. The reality is that this is not true for any county.

Maybe it's best not to make a judgement on a county until you have met their fans for at least 3 times. Otherwise changes are that could just have meet the poor element and missed the ODF's (Ordinary Decent Fans's) completely.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:27 pm

have to agree with Mayo1951 and Niamh, Fermanagh fans are a disgrace.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:51 pm

samin10 - and all Armagh fans are angels aren't they!!!! people in glass houses my friend
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:09 pm

bocerty.

no far from it. Argued about this for about a month last summer after the Fermanagh and Armagh game. Said it about it a year before that as well referring to 2004. Every county has a few muppets following the, Armagh and Tyrone included. Never have i seen such a high percentage of them though as with the Fermanagh fans. When was the last time you were at a Tyrone and Fermanagh Ulster final or a Tyrone and Fermanagh all ireland quarter final where you might have experienced what im talking about?

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:44 pm

I didnt go to the Ulster final last year because I can not tolerate the Fermanagh fans.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:52 pm

Admin wrote:I didnt go to the Ulster final last year because I can not tolerate the Fermanagh fans.

Ye I know one or two people (not from Meath) who are afraid to go to Dublin games. Even when Meath are playing Dublin, I always look for a ticket down near the Canal End.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:02 pm

samin when was the last time Tyrone played Fermanagh in an Ulster Final!!!!!!!!! Last Tyrone V Fermanagh game i was at was in 03 in Croker - Cormac Mc Anallen was playing fullback. I think Armagh played Laois in a double header the same day.

Believe me samin people talk about Armagh and Derry fans hating Tyrone, but thats nothing compared to the rubblish we listen to from Fermanagh fans even when we are not playing them. A certain contingent would rather see Rangers winning than Tyrone - but i don't let it bother me we usually tend to have the last laugh.

I think the word disgrace is a very strong term though especially when your talking baout a minority.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Ye I know one or two people (not from Meath) who are afraid to go to Dublin games. Even when Meath are playing Dublin, I always look for a ticket down near the Canal End.

I nearly got badly burnt last year with the Meath fans setting fire to Dublin flags ..... bounce
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:00 pm

I still have sore shoulders from giving all those meath fans a helping hand up lamp posts in 2007 to remove dublin flags. Smile
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:06 pm

bocerty wrote:I still have sore shoulders from giving all those meath fans a helping hand up lamp posts in 2007 to remove dublin flags. Smile

Aye Boc - and how grateful they were to ye the following year! Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:47 am

Kilkenny hurling fans would have to be the worse losers. No craic with them after a match. Pure bitterness mostly from younger fans. I suppose they are not used to losing.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down