GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any League of Ireland fans on here?

+13
black&white
Real Kerry Fan
OMAR
up.the.oak.trees
bocerty
clash-of-da-ash
6inarow
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
hurlingguru
Dr.Shephard
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Any League of Ireland fans on here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any League of Ireland fans on here?

Post  OMAR Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:26 pm

All because De-Laney loves Cadburys Milk Tray

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Any League of Ireland fans on here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any League of Ireland fans on here?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Bohs take the Shams 1-0!! cheers

Only two points in it now. It would be great to see Bohs take it from the club I dislike most in the world! G'wan the Gypsies!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:19 pm

How has this "thread" reached a third page Suspect
Wonders never cease. Any League of Ireland fans on here? - Page 2 Smiley24
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:35 am

Boxtyeater wrote:How has this "thread" reached a third page Suspect
Wonders never cease. Any League of Ireland fans on here? - Page 2 Smiley24

You had nothing to say about a thread on the English league cup going into 5 or 6 pages.
At least this one is about football in this country.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim
Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Bohs take the Shams 1-0!! cheers

Only two points in it now. It would be great to see Bohs take it from the club I dislike most in the world! G'wan the Gypsies!

Sorry Jayo , have to back the Hoops. Especially as they now have a Kerryman carrying Laughing .
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:37 pm

Dr.Shephard wrote:
You had nothing to say about a thread on the English league cup going into 5 or 6 pages.
At least this one is about football in this country.

Threads on soccerball are rarely opened on this keyboard. The mention of the League of Ireland piqued my interest, chiefly to see what forumites could debase themselves sufficiently to provide an input thereto. The fact that it reached 3 pages is staggering.....
My observations thereon appear to have stirred your fur, but so be it.....Terming it "football" is a a good one though, its a business, albeit poorly run and pitifully supported, but don't let me spoil the party.

Next.....

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Have a gleek att his from the Irish League some goal in fairness

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:30 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Bohs take the Shams 1-0!! cheers

Sorry Jayo , have to back the Hoops. Especially as they now have a Kerryman carrying Laughing .

I'd sit on top of a sharp spike whilst wearing a very heavy hat before I'd cheer for shams. Have never had a good experience with their fans.

Always find it ironic that, when it comes to soccer, the Northside Dublin clubs (Bohs and Shels)* are much more pleasant, respectible and sporting than those from the two Southside clubs (Pats and Shams). Stereotypes not applicable in this case obviously! Twisted Evil

*Sporting are a bit like the former Dublin City in that they don't really have any fans. For years the LOI was crying out for a wider geographical spread, surely trying to fill vacant spots with a team from the heartland of Bohs/Shels support wasn't the logical step (but then we are talking about the same people that think John Delaney as top dog is a sensible move) Rolling Eyes
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:00 pm

black&white wrote:I'd sit on top of a sharp spike whilst wearing a very heavy hat before I'd cheer for shams. Have never had a good experience with their fans.

Love it! cheers

Shels are originally from Ringsend B&W. The great Drumcondra used to inhabit Tolka Park in the good old days. Sporting are trying to draw support and a base from a much more northern area of Dublin, Fingal. They are trying to tap into major areas such as Swords, Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush, Lusk, Malahide, Donabate etc.

Bohs are the only true Northside club. Rovers nomadic existence has finally seen them settle in Tallaght. Enough said. Suspect
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Up the Harps.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
black&white wrote:I'd sit on top of a sharp spike whilst wearing a very heavy hat before I'd cheer for shams. Have never had a good experience with their fans.

Love it! cheers

Shels are originally from Ringsend B&W. The great Drumcondra used to inhabit Tolka Park in the good old days. Sporting are trying to draw support and a base from a much more northern area of Dublin, Fingal. They are trying to tap into major areas such as Swords, Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush, Lusk, Malahide, Donabate etc.

Bohs are the only true Northside club. Rovers nomadic existence has finally seen them settle in Tallaght. Enough said. Suspect

I'd heard of the ringsend origins alright before, but so long as I"ve been following the one true Rovers we've always travelled to DC to play them, and in mind they're northsiders at this stage!

Two of my good mates at work are big Bohs fans, and after 4 years living in D7 they've become my 2nd team (the red and black doesn't hurt either!)
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:39 pm

Played with Peter Eccles in summer stuff for a couple of seasons - really sound bloke - but I still can't stand Rovers. One of the mates is a Shels fan and we used have a pint with Gary Howlett, Trevor Haylock and those lads regularly - great crack and I like Shels. Played against Paul Osam a good few times before he was discovered by Pats - he must have been at least 20. Nice bloke but I used to skin him! Laughing and he went on to be a big LoI star. I cudda been a contender!

ps Finn Harps nickname is the Yo-Yos ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:10 pm

What is happening to Rovers they have let a 9 point lead slip and are now 1 point behind Bohs.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:14 pm

bocerty wrote:Have a gleek att his from the Irish League some goal in fairness

Quality. He'll be living off that for the rest of his life Laughing
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:21 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
bocerty wrote:Have a gleek att his from the Irish League some goal in fairness

Quality. He'll be living off that for the rest of his life Laughing

Mad all right. At least he didn't try to pretend it was anything but luck.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Rovers 1-0 up with three minutes to go and lose 2-1! Heaven. Bohs now top with two games to go ... please, please - it would be the sweetest ever.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:14 pm

It is brilliant to see Shams imploding. The look of dispair on the faces of O'Neill and the supporters after the game on saturday was a joy to see.
It's Bohs league now as log as they can keep their heads.

It should be a cracking cup semi on Friday night with the 2 form teams on the country playing.

Jayo, where would i get parked near Dalymount?
I'll be coming in through Chapelizod.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:22 pm

Would prefer to see Rovers win it this year rather than Bohs win another title.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Dr S - A lot of the streets behind Dalyer are disc parking now but that should be finished at 7. It might be better to drive a bit down to Lindsay/Iona Road or in around the Gravediggers. You could head straight out to the M50 on the Finglas or Ballymun roads after.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:47 pm

It all comes down to the final round of games. Personally I would love to see shams slip up and see Bohs win 3-in-a-row.
The Bohs fans were coming up to us in the street after the cup semi-final and congatulating us and wishing us well in the final. I guarantee that wouldn't happen out in Tallaght.
I'll be in the Showgrounds where a draw will guarantee European football for Rovers although I won't be happy with anything less than a win which will mean we finish the season in 3rd place.
Anything less wouldn't be doing justice to the best footballing side in the league.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Did you get parked alright that night Dr?

I too am praying for a sickening twist tonight for that shower ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:28 pm

Super Shams about to clinch the league here. A credit to the game
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:51 pm

mossbags wrote:Super Shams about to clinch the league here. A credit to the game

How's the form NCC, posting from the i-phone again.. Razz
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Did you get parked alright that night Dr?

I too am praying for a sickening twist tonight for that shower ....

Got a lift off someone else in the end but he got parked no problem near St.Peters. Had a few pints in the Hut till they closed the bar on us, apparently a few people broght their glasses outside.
Had a great night.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:51 pm

mossbags wrote:Super Shams about to clinch the league here. A credit to the game

Hoof the ball up to Twigg. Some tactic.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next