GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of Ireland

3 posters

Go down

League of Ireland Empty League of Ireland

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Well the league of Ireland season is over and Bohs are crowned champions. The thing I don't like about it is that they were breaking and rules all year by not complying with the 65% rule and are banking on winning the league so that they can comply with the rule. In my opinion prizemoney should not be included in income and Bohs should be relegated.

You also have Derry City who gave false accounts to the FAI and are not in financial ruin. If they are not relegated then it makes a mockery of the whole thing and basically they are saying up yours to all the clubs who complied like Galway United and St. Pats.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

League of Ireland Empty Re: League of Ireland

Post  Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:18 pm

A joke of a league if Derry City are relegated, League of Ireland Icon_smile League of Ireland Icon_wink !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Derry City have been kicked out of the League of Ireland.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:10 pm

This is very bad news for me as a big Derry City fan, i used to know quite a few of the lads on the team and they will be horrified at what is happening to that great club.

I really hope the meeting during the week will lead to the FAI offering DCFC something better than total exclusion, i think they will as they have done it to sides before, if they don't then DCFC will simply go out of business as they will never be able to go back to the Northern Irish league!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:45 am

Its very simple really but there are too many dreamers in LoI football, There is NOT A CHANCE of a professional league - no crowds - and never will be. Paying out 10k a week with 4/5k income is a no-brainer. Its all a joke - and this is coming from a Bohs fan! Shelbourne depsite all their success went under cos they were spending far more than their income. They have got to wake up and smell the coffee - throwing a part-time player €2/300 a week is the reality. Amateurs...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down