GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympics 2012

+10
bald eagle
Boxtyeater
bocerty
RMDrive
Real Kerry Fan
patsymc
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
Parouisa
OMAR
14 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Olympics 2012 - Page 10 Empty Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:31 pm

OMAR wrote:Agree TC the credit will be given to Bolt but Blake seemed to eat up 5 yards on Tyson Day which was where the real damage was done

I was sitting on that bend, pretty much where the change over took place, and took the picture below. For Blake to give Gay that headstart, and still reach Bolt before Gay did Bailey, was incredible. He ran like a man possessed.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f32/15/02/68/85/olympi18.jpg
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Brilliant capture TC. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:12 am

+1...TC seems to have enjoyed his few weeks.
Maith an fear.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:07 am

Delighted you got to see some of the key events TC. In hindsight I wish I'd made an effort to go over and experience it all. Sad

Fair play to the Brits - they did a super job!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Cheers lads, yeah, I was very lucky with the 2 events that I got to, and probably wouldn't have chosen anything differently if I had my chance to do it again.

I know what you are saying Par, about hindsight. To be honest, after not getting anything in the ballot, I decided I'd pay little attention to the games, but the excitement the whole thing generated got to me and, consequentially, my wallet! And it wasn't just the athletics/swimming either, as I know people, many of whom with little regular interest in sport, who had great times at the likes of taekwando, canoeing, archery and other minor sports.

Overall, I couldn't praise highly enough all those concerned with the organising of such a mamoth event, as they really did a super job. As Bald Eagle knows from Sydney 2000, it's a great experience to be in a city during the Olympics, and I would recommend it to anyone who gets that chance in the future. Time to save for Rio, me thinks!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Cheers lads, yeah, I was very lucky with the 2 events that I got to, and probably wouldn't have chosen anything differently if I had my chance to do it again.

I know what you are saying Par, about hindsight. To be honest, after not getting anything in the ballot, I decided I'd pay little attention to the games, but the excitement the whole thing generated got to me and, consequentially, my wallet! And it wasn't just the athletics/swimming either, as I know people, many of whom with little regular interest in sport, who had great times at the likes of taekwando, canoeing, archery and other minor sports.

Overall, I couldn't praise highly enough all those concerned with the organising of such a mamoth event, as they really did a super job. As Bald Eagle knows from Sydney 2000, it's a great experience to be in a city during the Olympics, and I would recommend it to anyone who gets that chance in the future. Time to save for Rio, me thinks!

Brazil World cup might be a possibility - Olympics not till its in Europe again

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Parouisa wrote:Delighted you got to see some of the key events TC. In hindsight I wish I'd made an effort to go over and experience it all. Sad

Fair play to the Brits - they did a super job!

feel a bit like that myself P - never really entertained the thought of going over, but got chatting to a few mates who were heading to the boxing finals last Thursday including Taylors fight, havent heard how they got on but they were definitely excited about going over.

Made we wish i had at least attempted to get tickets for it.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:14 pm

This should possibly in the "annoying issues" thread but I fail to see how Thomas Clarke got the gig to represent GT at these Olympics. Granted he gave excellent reports but the questions are...

1. Did RMD take the decision unilaterally to sponsor him with the Forum's finances.
2. Surely it would have been more cost-effective to nominate Bald Eagle.
3. OMAR was there at someone's expense, surely he'd have fitted in a few events.
4. Puke appears to have been 1st.choice, but sought expense from Bournemouth for a helicopter, got stroppy and....
5. What was the precise selection process prior to the decision to send TC.

The next shareholders meeting promises to be a stormy affair.....(cue B&W with the massage lotion).....

Thomas Clarke was a worthy representative, but there are questions requiring answers....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:16 pm

To be fair, Boxty, I don't think I was first choice. Luckily, those first canvassed had other arrangements/excuses, including:

Jonsmith - Too busy job hunting. Last seen making his way from Cavan to Kildare in search of the big bucks.

Bald Eagle - Busy trying to locate Kilkenny footballer Paul Donnelly and his long-overdue Q&A.

Omar - Initially took the tickets, but sold them on the black market, invested the money in a small but promising enterprise, and now owns the ground on which the stadium stands.

GAA-Fan - Vanished, rumoured to have been been lifted for selling stolen Dell PCs.

Puke - Vanished, presumably instead went to Kiawah Island to cheer on Rory McIlroy.

NSG - Vanished, since last month's amalgamation of 3 small republican groups. Last seen smearing paint on his face, in preparation for a hardcore paintballing session.

Bluearmy - Vanished, like the Down defence.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:08 am

Impressive paralympic opening ceremony tonight. The athletes themselves seemed to be loving it.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:12 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Impressive paralympic opening ceremony tonight. The athletes themselves seemed to be loving it.

Jon Snow is incredibly boring for a host. I personally didn't enjoy the opening ceremony but did keep flicking between channels.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Lets get one thing straight, the Paralympics IS NOT the same as the Olympics! New thread please!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:02 pm

[quote="bald eagle"]Lets get one thing straight, the Paralympics IS NOT the same as the Olympics! New thread please![/quote]

The butler clearly has the night off at chez bald eagle.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:05 pm

bald eagle wrote:Lets get one thing straight, the Paralympics IS NOT the same as the Olympics! New thread please!

why didnt you start one
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:57 pm

patsymc wrote:
bald eagle wrote:Lets get one thing straight, the Paralympics IS NOT the same as the Olympics! New thread please!

why didnt you start one

He was depending on Paul Donnelly to start it. Give him lots of it Patsy....Well able for it.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:41 pm

The Olympics may seem like a long time ago, but this woman is clearly finding the games tougher to remember than most...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OenYecvEdfc

Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down