GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympics 2012

+10
bald eagle
Boxtyeater
bocerty
RMDrive
Real Kerry Fan
patsymc
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
Parouisa
OMAR
14 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Olympics 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Olympics 2012

Post  Parouisa Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:35 pm

Is an obsession with sportspeople 'falling apart' a result of watching Meath GAA teams?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:51 pm

OMAR wrote:Lots of tickets up at present

£725 for sat week !!

Tickets up, but try getting them. I spent hours online to get mine, and countless times entered card details only to be told that they were no longer available after hitting 'purchase'. I think they are putting up a handful at a time, dribs and drabs as they become available, and you need to be onto them within minutes. The website is virtually never up to date, and isn't actually reflecting what is available. The demand for tickets is just increasing as olympic fever kicks in.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:

£725 for sat week !!

Tickets up, but try getting them. I spent hours online to get mine, and countless times entered card details only to be told that they were no longer available after hitting 'purchase'. I think they are putting up a handful at a time, dribs and drabs as they become available, and you need to be onto them within minutes. The website is virtually never up to date, and isn't actually reflecting what is available. The demand for tickets is just increasing as olympic fever kicks in.

Hadn't looked before to be honest - and didn't try to progress past the "tickets Available" section
I have one ticket for the Monday but my company on the night wouldn't be my first choice or 80,000th even. I'm going to have 5 hours of hard sell from a consultancy firm, and im also losing a lot of brownie points on the home front given that I am AWOL Sunday.

Thought I might pick up 2 "returns" as I saw on the BBC that there were tickets being made available.
But if its like you say it is I won't bother. Went through weeks of that crap with the Euro Finals,
Nearly put the laptop ou the window. One of our group was getting up at 4.00 am to see if he could catch a quiet shift we gave up and ended getting four from a Donegal Man in the camper van parked next to us in Poznan.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:35 pm

OMAR wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

£725 for sat week !!

Hadn't looked before to be honest - and didn't try to progress past the "tickets Available" section
I have one ticket for the Monday but my company on the night wouldn't be my first choice or 80,000th even. I'm going to have 5 hours of hard sell from a consultancy firm, and im also losing a lot of brownie points on the home front given that I am AWOL Sunday.

Thought I might pick up 2 "returns" as I saw on the BBC that there were tickets being made available.
But if its like you say it is I won't bother. Went through weeks of that crap with the Euro Finals,
Nearly put the laptop ou the window. One of our group was getting up at 4.00 am to see if he could catch a quiet shift we gave up and ended getting four from a Donegal Man in the camper van parked next to us in Poznan.

Having said all that, minutes ago, I picked up a ticket for tomorrow night's swimming. I now have to find some things to sell to finance it all, but sure, once in a lifetime!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:53 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:I now have to find some things to sell to finance it all

You won't need that Premium Croke Park ticket you have for a few years .... Laughing
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:03 am

Parouisa wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:I now have to find some things to sell to finance it all

You won't need that Premium Croke Park ticket you have for a few years .... Laughing

The reduction in trips to Dublin was indeed factored into the decision-making process!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Having said all that, minutes ago, I picked up a ticket for tomorrow night's swimming. I now have to find some things to sell to finance it all, but sure, once in a lifetime!

TC surely enjoying a great nights entertainment...World records, personal triumphs, shocks......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:29 pm

950 euro for 3 hours of athletics or 1000euro for a one year premium ticket to croker.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:24 am

Chinese go easy in a badminton game to avoid a trip to Glasgow for dead rubber
Sent home in disgrace.

Sir Chris hoys wingman throws himself off the bike to get a restart- admits it on live television laughing. And team GB say it was a genuine fall !!! Olympics 2012 - Page 5 654413

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:26 am

OMAR wrote:950 euro for 3 hours of athletics or 1000euro for a one year premium ticket to croker.

Or 10 days in Tenerife in Sept. with 2k. Pall Mall in the bags home. On site food and beverage may add a few skins, equatable to the air fare to and from London.

I'm for option C....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:30 am

OMAR wrote:Chinese go easy in a badminton game to avoid a trip to Glasgow for dead rubber
Sent home in disgrace.

Sir Chris hoys wingman throws himself off the bike to get a restart- admits it on live television laughing. And team GB say it was a genuine fall !!! Olympics 2012 - Page 5 654413

Very interesting to see what happens here - Brit honesty and all that. Wing man a complete ar5ehole!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:35 am

Parouisa wrote:
OMAR wrote:Chinese go easy in a badminton game to avoid a trip to Glasgow for dead rubber
Sent home in disgrace.

Very interesting to see what happens here - Brit honesty and all that. Wing man a complete ar5ehole!

Sir chris joint greatest olympian
Cameron and prince ,arry and The odd duchess on site.
Its a conundrum
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:37 am

Parouisa wrote:
Sent home in disgrace.

There is a PR strategy - take medicine and blame the Vile Hun - wingman is German
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:44 am

if they don't do something it may become trivial pursuit .... Laughing
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:05 am

I am worried about our boxing prospects as the judging is getting more corrupt. Last night's decision for the British boxer plus Iranian disqualification and Japan boxer's original defeat were disgraceful. We have to thread carefully. Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:30 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

TC surely enjoying a great nights entertainment...World records, personal triumphs, shocks......

It was tremendous Boxty. The whole Olympic Park is impressive, but the Aquatic Centre is something else. Lots of space with complex-length viewing galleries to amble around and take photos, and in-house commentary, presenters, interviews and screens to take spectators through the evening's action. I have to praise the organisation which was excellent, and particularly the huge number of volunteers, who were so upbeat and positive. Honestly, I've never been to an event (sporting or otherwise) that was remotely as friendly or welcoming. Throw in the thousands of people from all countries who were dressed up in their national colours (huge Dutch crowd for Ranomi Kromowidjojo), and it really was brilliant.

As for the swimming, some great performances in the pool, most notably Phelps and Rebecca Soni. The noise when Soni broke the world record was deafening, while Phelps' achievements just get more and more phenomenal. The third consecutive gold in the 200 IM demonstrates his longevity, and strengthens his case for being considered the greatest olympian of all time.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Enjoy it TC. Chance of a lifetime. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Enjoy it TC. Chance of a lifetime. Very Happy

Here's Barry's late Dad, Pat, at the ESC from 1968 just to keep the sporting connection.

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:After months of disappointment, TC has finally secured a ticket for the games - last night of the athletics! Very Happy

Saturday 11th August
Men's Javelin Throw Final

It's a pity you will miss the final of the Ladies spear throwing, as this honey will be flinging the stick for Paraguay....
Leryn Franco will be having my support for the duration of the competition....Hmmmmmm.

Olympics 2012 - Page 5 936ful10
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Dibaba again.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Dibaba again.

It was an awesome last lap.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:02 pm

OMAR wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Dibaba again.

It was an awesome last lap.

In my opinion, Dibaba is the greatest female athlete of all time, and I'd probably rate her the greatest female sportsperson of all time.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Marita koch

A performance that has withstood the sands of time
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:10 pm

I feel very old. Eilish McColgan running now in the 3000m steeplechase. The last time I saw or heard of her was as a baby in her mother's arms (Liz McColgan). Time flies... Sad
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

It was tremendous Boxty. The whole Olympic Park is impressive, but the Aquatic Centre is something else. Lots of space with complex-length viewing galleries to amble around and take photos, and in-house commentary, presenters, interviews and screens to take spectators through the evening's action. I have to praise the organisation which was excellent, and particularly the huge number of volunteers, who were so upbeat and positive. Honestly, I've never been to an event (sporting or otherwise) that was remotely as friendly or welcoming. Throw in the thousands of people from all countries who were dressed up in their national colours (huge Dutch crowd for Ranomi Kromowidjojo), and it really was brilliant.

As for the swimming, some great performances in the pool, most notably Phelps and Rebecca Soni. The noise when Soni broke the world record was deafening, while Phelps' achievements just get more and more phenomenal. The third consecutive gold in the 200 IM demonstrates his longevity, and strengthens his case for being considered the greatest olympian of all time.

An army of dutch festooned head to toe in wiliiamite orange. Very cosmopolitan.

O
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down