GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+23
hurlingguru
mugsys_barber
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
samin12
Larry Murphy
3inarow08
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
JimWexford
bald eagle
hipster 2
bocerty
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
patrique
Grenvile
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
27 posters

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Premier League - Page 16 Empty Re: The Premier League

Post  patrique Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:35 am

Jonsmith wrote:Keane, Suarez and Sturridge all scored on their debut appearances tonight.
I watched the Liverpool game, playing a very unorthodox formation Liverpool were brilliant. Suarez looks to have a great touch and pace, could be a great buy for Liverpool..
It'll be interesting to see how Carrol gets on. Overpriced definitely but Torres didn't want to be there and they will save something like 15 Million over his contract on wages compared to the Spaniard. With the Fair Play rules coming into force in the summer they had to buy someone.

Did Suarez score? I know that was the better story, rather than an Englishman conditioned all his life to aim to hoof the ball into the grandstand at the first sign of danger, hoofed it into the net. And there was not much danger.

I forgot Liverpool sold Babel, so they managed to rebuild the team, get rid of malcontents, and given the transfers and wages involved, broke even. Some going.

But....who is this guy Obinna? What a talent. Where did he come from?

And last night Anelka gave a masterly display in midfield, much as he did against Ireland in the world cup. Was always a star player.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:04 am

patrique wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:Keane, Suarez and Sturridge all scored on their debut appearances tonight.
I watched the Liverpool game, playing a very unorthodox formation Liverpool were brilliant. Suarez looks to have a great touch and pace, could be a great buy for Liverpool..
It'll be interesting to see how Carrol gets on. Overpriced definitely but Torres didn't want to be there and they will save something like 15 Million over his contract on wages compared to the Spaniard. With the Fair Play rules coming into force in the summer they had to buy someone.

Did Suarez score? I know that was the better story, rather than an Englishman conditioned all his life to aim to hoof the ball into the grandstand at the first sign of danger, hoofed it into the net. And there was not much danger.

I forgot Liverpool sold Babel, so they managed to rebuild the team, get rid of malcontents, and given the transfers and wages involved, broke even. Some going.

But....who is this guy Obinna? What a talent. Where did he come from?

And last night Anelka gave a masterly display in midfield, much as he did against Ireland in the world cup. Was always a star player.

The timing of the run, leaving the defender for dead, rounding the goalkeeper and finish shouldn't be taken away from by the fact that the defender should have done better. Any defender would attempt the same tactic, a goal line clearance is not meant to be pretty whether your name is Wilkinson or Wilikinsano. And the rules state that it's his goal so it's his goal.

I didn't see the Chelsea game but heard Anelka played brilliantly. He may be on the way to the bench now that Torres is in. Anelka is one of the better French players, doesn't have an international record (or club record for that matter) anywhere near as good as say Cantona, and isn't a man you'd want to rely on in an important penalty shootout, but not bad all the same.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I hope he does well cos if he loses his Ireland place he'll walk away .... Rolling Eyes

WTF was that childish sh1t about?? Gimps the lot of them ...

Taken out of context slightly.. He was speaking about his move to West Ham and was saying that the move wasn't just to save his international career, he doesn't fear for his place on the Ireland team and if he is dropped he would accept it and concentrate on club football, and fair enough lots of players do it. Slightly arrogant in that he would have fook all to do with the decision but I don't think it was meant in a petulant way. After all the man is our best ever striker.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:52 am

Dunno about context JS - what I saw of interview he said if he wasn't picked he'd walk ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
samin12 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:
samin12 wrote:mighty wolves 1-0 up

Playing City off the park.. But City should still win the game.

Typical cover all outcomes post.

Tevez on the scoresheet twice yet again. What an outstanding player.

pity he couldnt have scored first, had him in my lucky 15 of first goalscorers Rolling Eyes

Yes pity. But what a player. It'll be nice to see City to go top again. Hopefully, the arrival of Becks at White Hart Lane can inspire Spurs to get a result.

He is world class. How many will he score today? Three already.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Match of the Day will be a feast tonight. Newcastle turn around a 4 goal deficit at home to the mighty Arsenal, another City and Tevez masterclass, three penalties in two minutes at White Hart Lane, Wigan beat Blackburn 4-3 and Everton beat Blackpool 5-3 as another former United star, Saha, knocks in four goals. Not to mention Stoke coming from a goal behind to beat Sunderland 3-2 and Villa Fulham finishing 2-2. 36 goals I make it with United to play Wolves later.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Tevez is a quality Penalty taker, only missed 1 this season I think.

Amazing match with Newcastle and Arsenal!

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Amazing alright although Arsenal have promised a match like this for some time.

Looks like United will have to come from behind too. Chicharito time I'd say. Berba and Rooney are so over-rated.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Typical United away performance. They can't keep relying on brining Scholes on to control midfield they need to invest. Will be very lucky to come out with a point from this. Wolves aren't Blackpool and will have no qualms about parking the bus.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Typical United away performance. They can't keep relying on brining Scholes on to control midfield they need to invest. Will be very lucky to come out with a point from this. Wolves aren't Blackpool and will have no qualms about parking the bus.

Gone. Unbeaten record gone. Have to admit I'd like to have seen a team go through the season unbeaten again. Not to be though.

Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, show they can't defy their age any longer, time for a few of United's bigger names to step aside.

City close the gap.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Giggs has changed several games for United this year, couldn't do it tonight but that doesn't mean he has nothing left to offer. Rooney was awful, has the look of a man who won't be at Old Trafford next year. That result puts a lot of pressure on United's trips to Anfield and Stamford Bridge. It'll leave the League more interesting anyways..

I'd be more worried about Chelsea with two games against United to come than I would be about City or Arsenal.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Giggs has changed several games for United this year, couldn't do it tonight but that doesn't mean he has nothing left to offer. Rooney was awful, has the look of a man who won't be at Old Trafford next year. That result puts a lot of pressure on United's trips to Anfield and Stamford Bridge. It'll leave the League more interesting anyways..

I'd be more worried about Chelsea with two games against United to come than I would be about City or Arsenal.

How many times did Giggs give the ball away in the last 6/7 minutes? I made it four.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:Giggs has changed several games for United this year, couldn't do it tonight but that doesn't mean he has nothing left to offer. Rooney was awful, has the look of a man who won't be at Old Trafford next year. That result puts a lot of pressure on United's trips to Anfield and Stamford Bridge. It'll leave the League more interesting anyways..

How many times did Giggs give the ball away in the last 6/7 minutes? I made it four.

Yes but so did Vidic, Rooney, Evra. They were terrible today and didn't get away with it. Giggs destroyed Blackpool and Birmingham in recent games. His time is nearly up and he shouldn't hold such an important role in the squad, neither should Scholes.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Has Wenger done the old Hari kari yet? 0-4 up, draw, and then United lose.

Spurs scored AGAIN with the last kick of the game, I am starting to fear the worst and they will snatch 4th place again.

And loads of distraught United fans and my 30/1 on Liverpool being the only team to beat them down the tubes.

They still have to play Chelsea twice, who rarely lose to United, go to Arsenal and Liverpool, and the "derby" next week. But unless Chelsea do something amazing from now to the end you would have to fancy United.

however, they are a shadow of what the were and as times passes and IF City make the top 4, and CL, then they can recruit top rank players. Worrying times at United. Not so much in England, but certainly in Europe.

patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:21 pm

Messi bagged another hat-trick tonight as Barca won their 16th league match in a row and break another long standing La Liga record....40 goals so far this season for Messi who has taken his greatness to new levels since he was moved from the right wing to more of a central position....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:24 pm

The Puke wrote:Messi bagged another hat-trick tonight as Barca won their 16th league match in a row and break another long standing La Liga record....40 goals so far this season for Messi who has taken his greatness to new levels since he was moved from the right wing to more of a central position....

I'm hearing a lot of this young Argentinian kid. Reports suggest that one day he could be as good as Tevez.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:22 pm

His Asbo said he was a scouse, Carroll, Carroll
He lives in Kevin Nolan's house, Carroll, Carroll
Fernando's gone he'd always score,
Carroll won't but he cost more,
Andrew Carroll, Liverpool in decline.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:46 pm

fernando said he was a red torres torres
chelski came and turned his head torres torres
they gave him 100 and 70 grand
so he fooked off out of scourser land
fernado torres chelseas no 9
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
The Puke wrote:Messi bagged another hat-trick tonight as Barca won their 16th league match in a row and break another long standing La Liga record....40 goals so far this season for Messi who has taken his greatness to new levels since he was moved from the right wing to more of a central position....

I'm hearing a lot of this young Argentinian kid. Reports suggest that one day he could be as good as Tevez.

A truly phenomenal footballer (Messi, obviously, not Tevez), and perhaps on his way to being regarded as the greatest of all. He still has some way to go on that front, a couple more champions leagues and a world cup win would help, but he is easily the greatest footballer of his generation.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:37 pm

Truly this boy is the son of Bernard Brogan .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Truly this boy is the son of Bernard Brogan .....

Yep Jayo there has to be a Kerry-Finuge connection.Its in his jeans. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:53 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Truly this boy is the son of Bernard Brogan .....

Yep Jayo there has to be a Kerry-Finuge connection.Its in his jeans. Very Happy

Hope not ! Last thing we need is for him to start slapping notebooks out of refs hands or worse ..... writing a fasnion column .... affraid
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Nice bicycle from Wayne:

Really, a spectacular strike.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 pm

I'm certainly no fan of Man U but would have to say that Rooneys' strike today was pure quality.

I still hope Arsenal can keep the pressure on and push United all the way for the title as Ancelloti seem's to have fired in the towel in the race for the premiership at this stage
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Nice bicycle from Wayne:

Really, a spectacular strike.

Credit where it's due, a great, great strike.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next