GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+23
hurlingguru
mugsys_barber
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
samin12
Larry Murphy
3inarow08
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
JimWexford
bald eagle
hipster 2
bocerty
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
patrique
Grenvile
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
27 posters

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Premier League - Page 9 Empty Re: The Premier League

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Looks like Martin O'Neill has been lined up .... Seems if you have a bit of dignity, work hard, don't shout your mouth off or moan at refs and TV interviewers then you are inexperienced .... the shallowness of the PL ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Sebastian wrote:How the fook did Mike Ashley manage to create such a successful business?

He genuinely strikes me as someone who seems a tad stoopid. HTF could he sack someone who's record, realistically, could not have been improved much, even by the world's most lauded coaches?

'the board now feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed to take the club forward' - So that means they'll go with Alan 'Elbows' Shearer and his one competitive win as manager!

Last year I quite admired Mr Ashley for calling the fans bluff and making an idiot out of Shearer at the same time, as he always knew shearer would not be good.

But sacking Houghton....doesn't add up.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:01 pm

patrique wrote:Last year I quite admired Mr Ashley for calling the fans bluff and making an idiot out of Shearer at the same time, as he always knew shearer would not be good.

Pat - I think you are well wide of the mark here. Ashley was more likely pandering to his own ego than calling the fans bluff with the Shearer appointment. However his contribution to the game may well earn him FIFA voting rights in the future ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:06 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
patrique wrote:Last year I quite admired Mr Ashley for calling the fans bluff and making an idiot out of Shearer at the same time, as he always knew shearer would not be good.

Pat - I think you are well wide of the mark here. Ashley was more likely pandering to his own ego than calling the fans bluff with the Shearer appointment. However his contribution to the game may well earn him FIFA voting rights in the future ....

His own ego? The man arrived in Newcastle, spent a fortune, sacked that complete idiot keegan, and the fans turned on him.

To make fools of the fans and Shearer, who had NEVER managed a side before, Ashley appointed Shearer on favourable terms, to Ashley.

Shearer inevitably failed. Ashley then saved himself loads of money by appointing Houghton, who surprisingly, to ashley, succeeded.

I can't make sense out of sacking Houghton but it has been coming for months, with no new contract being offered.

unless he has Jol lined up, it doesn't make sense. Even then it doesn't. Jol is a top manager who did marvellous things at Tottenham, but Houghton hasn't done anything wrong.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:33 am

So in the money driven world of English Professional Socccer Mike Ashley stands apart as the man who will sacrifice millions of pounds by appointing a manager to relegate his team just to prove a point to the fans? Suspect

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:52 pm

The Premier League - Page 9 Dfdfm

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:17 am

As a Leeds fan I have the right to post here as we are on the way back next season. 0-2 down to Burnley (having a laugh) and then winning 2-3 - nothing's gonna stop us now!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:05 am

Jonsmith wrote:The Premier League - Page 9 Dfdfm

That's Tevez and what's his name....

Very funny.

I think the bloke summed it all up best in the paper today. Rooney caught United at a weak moment and took his chance. City however could either crush Tevez or simply buy another one.

And this is supposed to be a sport?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Just a simple home win v Everton ... and go top at Xmas for the first time in 81 years ..... Shocked

How galling it must be to see the Red half there instead.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:37 pm

£45 worth of galling to me as I availed of Everton at 9/2. Amazing odds, have now won 4 in a row at Eastlands, haven't lost away for yoinks, and haven't lost to anyone in the top 4.

But best of all, was the "If City win .......". For the last 7 years it has been if city win we are 10th, before that it was if City win they are out of the relegation zone, and earlier still if City win we are in the play off spots. Best ever was a few years ago against Middlesboro' when they got a penalty in the last minute. If Fowler scores City are in Europe. He missed.They NEVER deliver.

And that's why we love them (and back Everton)

PS: That was how Middlesboro' qualified for Europe and they made the final..........
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Just a simple home win v Everton ... and go top at Xmas for the first time in 81 years ..... Shocked

How galling it must be to see the Red half there instead.

I'm sure they're well used to it at this stage Laughing
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:56 pm

Mancini must be on borrowed time........................
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:48 am

bocerty wrote:Mancini must be on borrowed time........................

You would hope so.

been in charge for 18 games now and NEVER out of the top four.

BORING. Who wants instant success. I thought we might have to wait a bit.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:46 pm

patrique wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:28 Million?? Where in the name of God would United come up with 28 Million... Especially after throwing away 30 Million on that donkey Berbatov. Hernandez almost has as many goals already as Tevez scored in his entire first season at United.. And at only 6 Million.. A steal. In Fergie we trust.

Tevez is the best player in the premiership.

I would agree with that. Even the best player in the world.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:16 am

Watched a bit of MotD tonight. Spurs were excellent - two great goals - what a pass from Modric for the first and what a break for the second (Bale brilliant again!). Wolves are gone - Hammers not so. And Leeds were 2-0 and drew .. Mad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
patrique wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:28 Million?? Where in the name of God would United come up with 28 Million... Especially after throwing away 30 Million on that donkey Berbatov. Hernandez almost has as many goals already as Tevez scored in his entire first season at United.. And at only 6 Million.. A steal. In Fergie we trust.

Tevez is the best player in the premiership.

I would agree with that. Even the best player in the world.

****ing hell
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:47 pm

If only City could play all their games away. Easily leading in away form, 13 points from the last 5 games.

home is a problem as other teams sit back. Maybe they need to get a big old fashioned striker so that route one becomes an option......

And you can get dzeko for a mere 25 million now.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:56 pm

patrique wrote:If only City could play all their games away. Easily leading in away form, 13 points from the last 5 games.

home is a problem as other teams sit back. Maybe they need to get a big old fashioned striker so that route one becomes an option......

He is a fine footballler and have been impressed with him any time i have seen him play, has great feet and is plenty mobile for a lad his size and is far more than a big old fashioned striker ala Andy Carroll/Niall Quinn....well able to take players on and beat them....

City could do with a partner for Vincent Kompany at the back, who is fast becoming the best centre half in the league, hopefully he keeps developing...Toure looks finished and a shadow of the beast he was a few years ago
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Chelsea are in freefall. Gone is the discipline and order of Mourinho, replaced now by confusion and languidness of Ancelotti. Their only hope tonight was if Drogba pulled a few more rabbits from his hat. One man team. Terry, Essien and Lampard are miles past it. Arsenal heads will be inflated for sure but they will be back to their old ways against Wigan or Birmingham.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:08 pm

The Puke wrote:
patrique wrote:If only City could play all their games away. Easily leading in away form, 13 points from the last 5 games.

He is a fine footballler and have been impressed with him any time i have seen him play, has great feet and is plenty mobile for a lad his size and is far more than a big old fashioned striker ala Andy Carroll/Niall Quinn....well able to take players on and beat them....

City could do with a partner for Vincent Kompany at the back, who is fast becoming the best centre half in the league, hopefully he keeps developing...Toure looks finished and a shadow of the beast he was a few years ago

Kompany has looked outstanding this year, replacing Carvalho as the only centre back in the premiership who can tackle. Kolo has had his moments but currently struggling, we might see Boateng moving in there.

patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Looks like "The Crap Invincibles" as United's official fan club call the team, will win the premiership with ease.

Chelsea look to be in freefall, and arsenal still vulnerable at the back.

City may well be the next best thing but are still a work in progress. They will be difficult to oppose next season if current progress is maintained.

Tottenham have some wonderful players, but Harry looks to tinker and can't leave well alone.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:30 pm

bocerty wrote:Mancini must be on borrowed time........................

Certainly.

Top of the league as I type.

when they WON the league they were 12th at Christmas, in true City fashion.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:36 pm

patrique wrote:Looks like "The Crap Invincibles" as United's official fan club call the team, will win the premiership with ease.

City may well be the next best thing but are still a work in progress. They will be difficult to oppose next season if current progress is maintained.

Tottenham have some wonderful players, but Harry looks to tinker and can't leave well alone.

cant see it myself P too many egos (almost as big as your own) to massage and too many pretty boys to keep sweet, is Manicini even picking the team
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:42 pm

bocerty wrote:
patrique wrote:Looks like "The Crap Invincibles" as United's official fan club call the team, will win the premiership with ease.

cant see it myself P too many egos (almost as big as your own) to massage and too many pretty boys to keep sweet, is Manicini even picking the team

Mancini can be called a lot of things but is far from a yes man.....I would agree with Patrique that City will be the team to beat next year and onwards, the likes of Silva and Yaya Toure have really found their feet in recent weeks and once they get rid of the likes of Adebayour/Wright Phillips/Kolo Toure/Bridge out of the squad morale will improve, Balotelli aside(who mancini knows how to handle) Mancini hasn't bought any player who I would consider to have an inflatted opinion of themselves or a huge ego that needs stroking.....

Hopefullly they will buy a real playmaking central midfielder as Barry is very one paced and Toure is effective but far more suited to covering ground, someone like Modric with De Jong and Toure beside him would be a super combination
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:48 pm

The Puke wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Mancini can be called a lot of things but is far from a yes man.....I would agree with Patrique that City will be the team to beat next year and onwards, the likes of Silva and Yaya Toure have really found their feet in recent weeks and once they get rid of the likes of Adebayour/Wright Phillips/Kolo Toure/Bridge out of the squad morale will improve, Balotelli aside(who mancini knows how to handle) Mancini hasn't bought any player who I would consider to have an inflatted opinion of themselves or a huge ego that needs stroking.....

Hopefullly they will buy a real playmaking central midfielder as Barry is very one paced and Toure is effective but far more suited to covering ground, someone like Modric with De Jong and Toure beside him would be a super combination

the way things are progressing in the Premiership Blackpool could be the team to beat next year!!!!

As for the names you mention who need to be got rid to improve moral i dont think they are the problem at all Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next