GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+23
hurlingguru
mugsys_barber
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
samin12
Larry Murphy
3inarow08
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
JimWexford
bald eagle
hipster 2
bocerty
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
patrique
Grenvile
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
27 posters

Page 17 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Premier League - Page 17 Empty Re: The Premier League

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:28 pm

A pure pot luck shot.....

Would much rather see goals like this scored by Cassano tonight that a speculative strike that Rooney scored....

But the EPL drones on here wouldn't be used to watching good pass and move football
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:04 am

Great goal by Rooney ok - Glazers will be delighted with it. Should add a few zeros to the transfer fee come summer ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:21 am

Personally I think Rooney is Ogre rated What a Face
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:26 am

mugsys_barber wrote:Personally I think Rooney is Ogre rated What a Face

Tevez too .... Very Happy

Some comeback by West Ham today! And soon the PL will be again graced by the aristocrats from Elland Road .... cheers
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 am

I though Arsenals 2nd (I think) was way better. Slick one-touch football. Great goal.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:20 pm

The Puke wrote:A pure pot luck shot.....

Would much rather see goals like this scored by Cassano tonight that a speculative strike that Rooney scored....

But the EPL drones on here wouldn't be used to watching good pass and move football

So you'd prefer Nani's goal then......
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:25 am

mugsys_barber wrote:I'm certainly no fan of Man U but would have to say that Rooneys' strike today was pure quality.

I still hope Arsenal can keep the pressure on and push United all the way for the title as Ancelloti seem's to have fired in the towel in the race for the premiership at this stage

Smart guy Ancelotti. Chelsea managers who win two leagues get sacked.

patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:49 am

Rooney's goal was spectacular.. Speculative indeed as Puke rightly says but then again aren't all amazing strikes?
Barring a monumental collapse United should have the title now. The other 3 Champions League places are still up for grabs. Will City regret not going for a win against any of their top 4 opponents thus far? I still think they will take the place ahead of Tottenham..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:53 am

Will City regret not going for a win against any of their top 4 opponents thus far? I still think they will take the place ahead of Tottenham..[/quote]

David Pleat is not my favourite analyst.

he traces City's demise to an all out gung ho attack minded approach. He blames Mancini for going to Old Trafford and instead of the normal 3 holding mid field players, he had one, the least of them, Barry.

Mind you, United, having drawn 0-0 with all the top contenders, and drawing every match away with an ultra defensive approach (leading scorer on the bench V Arsenal, Tottenham, and City) are doing OK so maybe Pleat for once has a point.

Mancini himself said that when they had conceded the least goals they were top of the league. Got more offensive, conceded more, second. Continued to attack, conceded even more, third.

All I know is that the common denominator in ALL city's defeats is no.....Nigel.

Sign Messi and the way the game is in England Nigel would still be the most important player.

Will City finish in the top 4? Will Mancini achieve champions league football in his first season? Not a great achievement, even Fergie did it in seven and we know what his record is like.

But in these days where instant success is demanded, Mancini just might do it.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:54 am

Will City regret not going for a win against any of their top 4 opponents thus far?

Just thought of something. are United in the top 4?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:48 am

From the current Top 4 team games United have won 3 and Drawn 2. City have drawn 3 and lost 2. That's the gulf in class City will have to bridge if they want to be real contenders, and they will have to be contenders in England if they want to win the Champions League, it's no coincidence that around 60% of Champions League winners also win their domestic Leagues in the same season.

I agree with your damning explanation of Nigel's importance to City. 500 Million spend and Nigel De Jong is holding the team together? As you say Pat, only at City. Silva though.. What a player. Pity he doesn't score goals.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Jonsmith wrote:From the current Top 4 team games United have won 3 and Drawn 2. City have drawn 3 and lost 2. That's the gulf in class City will have to bridge if they want to be real contenders, and they will have to be contenders in England if they want to win the Champions League, it's no coincidence that around 60% of Champions League winners also win their domestic Leagues in the same season.

I agree with your damning explanation of Nigel's importance to City. 500 Million spend and Nigel De Jong is holding the team together? As you say Pat, only at City. Silva though.. What a player. Pity he doesn't score goals.

We need to beat Wolves. Last year City beat Chelsea twice, beat Arsenal and drew with them, beat the alleged top 4 Liverpool, and what good did it do them?

United admittedly lost to them all, so obviously it affected their season.

500 million spent indeed, but the heated seats, indoor box office, training facilities, and new houses in Bradford beside the ground cannot play.

I admit Mancini spent 145 million. By today's prices that equals Rooney, Rio and Berbie.

But he obviously bought better than that.

I reckon he is a cert for manager of the year.

Mind you, if he has only won the CL twice by 2034 I think they should sack him.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:20 pm

That's the difference though Pat, United can lose to all the top and make up for it by putting away the small sides, or beat the top sides and give themselves some room for unexpected draws or defeats like this year. It's a balancing act. Rafa couldn't figure out how to do it in 2008, he took 15 points off the top 4 and still couldn't win the League.. So there's no guaranteeing Mancini will ever get the hang of it really..

No the 500 Million spent is on Transfers alone, I know nothing about how much City are spending on heated seats for their 'who's who of overpriced players' bench or snoods or whatever..

Dzeko is taking his time adjusting to the PL.. I see he missed a lot of chances tonight. Good draw away for City though, Liverpool might be their only real threat for the Euro-Mickey Mouse Cup.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:36 am

is juve not left in the eurovision cup? there is usually a shock along the way in that cup somewhere.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:18 am

Don't forget the Mickey Mouse Final is in the Aviva! Imagine if it was City v Liverpool! I'd say UEFA are hoping for at least one English team in the final - not sure about Dublin shopkeepers though!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 pm

Jonsmith wrote:That's the difference though Pat, United can lose to all the top and make up for it by putting away the small sides, or beat the top sides and give themselves some room for unexpected draws or defeats like this year. It's a balancing act. Rafa couldn't figure out how to do it in 2008, he took 15 points off the top 4 and still couldn't win the League.. So there's no guaranteeing Mancini will ever get the hang of it really..

No the 500 Million spent is on Transfers alone, I know nothing about how much City are spending on heated seats for their 'who's who of overpriced players' bench or snoods or whatever..

Dzeko is taking his time adjusting to the PL.. I see he missed a lot of chances tonight. Good draw away for City though, Liverpool might be their only real threat for the Euro-Mickey Mouse Cup.

Dzeko has played 3 games.In all three he looks an awful lot better than Rooney, and Berbie and Torres. a snip at 27 million.

Which brings MANCINI'S spending to 144 million.

If he decides to be like say Tottenham, and buy 26 players instead of 8, I suspect the price and class wll rise.

Should win every game in the premiership giving them 124 points.

Or maybe he will ONLY buy 25 players, like United.

Hard to tell.

But if the club decide to stop speculating and start spending like say Aston Villa, beware.

patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:06 am

3 full games and 2 35 minute appearances. Better than Berbatov the top scorer and Rooney who has the second most assists in the League? Suspect

Spend like Villa Indeed.. City have already doubled what Villa have spent. And they are 3rd.. Villa were 6th. So another 500 Million should win them the League!

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Jonsmith wrote:3 full games and 2 35 minute appearances. Better than Berbatov the top scorer and Rooney who has the second most assists in the League? Suspect

Spend like Villa Indeed.. City have already doubled what Villa have spent. And they are 3rd.. Villa were 6th. So another 500 Million should win them the League!

Not necessarily. We already know that a debt of 856 million only gets you 2nd place.

well last year anyway.........
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Anelka with another miss in a penalty shoot out today.. Phil Neville made no such mistake banging in the winner, Chelsea really are struggling.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:24 pm

United play terribly and still somehow win 0-4 at Wigan.. Rooney the thug could and should receive a 3 match ban for his elbow on McCarthy who did himself proud by not going down as if he was shot which 99% of other players would have done. Two big games coming up for United and they could be without him..

City outplayed at home by Fulham but manage to hold on for a draw. Two great finishes by Duff and Balotelli and as usual when Tevez doesn't score City don't win.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Jonsmith wrote:United play terribly and still somehow win 0-4 at Wigan.. Rooney the thug could and should receive a 3 match ban for his elbow on McCarthy who did himself proud by not going down as if he was shot which 99% of other players would have done. Two big games coming up for United and they could be without him..

City outplayed at home by Fulham but manage to hold on for a draw. Two great finishes by Duff and Balotelli and as usual when Tevez doesn't score City don't win.

not sure which was worse the assault carried out by Rooney or that gimp Mike Phelan trying to make out that the ref had made the right decision in his post match interview and that we shouldnt be too critical of offiicials. If it had been the other way around would you have been so understanding Mike!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:12 am

Fergie and Phelan obviously trying to detract attention from the incident.. Poor form and fooling nobody but to be expected, they will be afraid of going to Stamford Bridge and Anfield without Rooney..

Anyone see Mancini and Hughes after the game? Mancini seems to lack everyday manners.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:23 am

Jonsmith wrote:United play terribly and still somehow win

Story of the season .... Crying or Very sad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:United play terribly and still somehow win

Story of the season .... Crying or Very sad

True, at least as far as their away performances are concerned.. But that can only last so long and while it might be too late to be caught in the league I think they will find it tough in the second leg in Marseille and will need to start performing away from home or their Tuesday and Wednesday evenings will become free long before May..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Second leg is in OT isn't it?? scratch 0-0 away.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next