GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+23
hurlingguru
mugsys_barber
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
samin12
Larry Murphy
3inarow08
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
JimWexford
bald eagle
hipster 2
bocerty
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
patrique
Grenvile
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
27 posters

Page 18 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Premier League - Page 18 Empty Re: The Premier League

Post  Grenvile Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Second leg is in OT isn't it?? scratch 0-0 away.

It is indeed my apologies I meant second leg 'against' Marseille.. Embarassed 0-0 away is a tough score, no room for error they must win.

Rooney has also got off with the elbow, the FA can't intervene because Clattenberg dealt with the incident at the time by awarding a free kick. Madness..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Joey Barton got done after the ref dealt with an incident with Pedersen ... one rule and all that. United panel showing great strength in depth coming to the business end - Clattenburg, Webb etc .... meanwhile the red nosed bully continues to defend the indefensible ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Joey Barton got done after the ref dealt with an incident with Pedersen ... one rule and all that. United panel showing great strength in depth coming to the business end - Clattenburg, Webb etc .... meanwhile the red nosed bully continues to defend the indefensible ....

The ref did not deal with the Barton incident at the time as he didn't see it.. He had his back to Barton giving a yellow card to someone else, later Pedersen was arguing with Barton while the ref was there complaining that he had punched him and Barton was motioning that he had merely slapped him but no action was taken on the field for it so it was allowed to be reviewed after the game.

Sorry if those facts don't sit well with the United bashing now... Razz

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Sorry JS - it was Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes. What about Fergie's attitude by the way? I don't blame him - first the BBC 'stitch up' his son and then they want to electrocute Wayne ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Fergie's attitude stinks and he would have been far better served to come out and say that what he did was rash and indefensible and they would await the FA decision. But as the manager of a club going into games against Chelsea and Liverpool which could potentially decide the season he was never going to say that.. Every manager would have done the same and I'm sure Rooney didn't receive the same support behind closed doors..

But this sort of rule is hugely unfair Rooney deserves to be banned. And Blackpool get charged 25000 for fielding an alternate team in a thriller against Villa? Madness.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:01 am

Does it sum up Rooney's year? I mean what was he thinking with the next three games being Chelsea, Liverpool and probably arsenal?

But I had a good chat last night to a real United fan, who travels from here to many, many games. He says United are awful this season, which illustrates how bad tyhe rest are, but we agreed that Beratov was a far better footballer than tevez and Rooney., who are both "Keegan" types, making the best of limited ability via work rate. But berbie.......
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:59 am

Ah, if only Berby had the stomach for the big occasion...

But yes, Patrique, I'd agree with all of that. To answer your question, I'd guess that Rooney wasn't thinking anything, as he doesn't have anything to think with. A good footballer, but grossly over-rated. In terms of talented English players, I'd put him milesl behind Gascoigne or Hoddle although, in fairness, he is probably a bit more gifted than Keegan.

And Tevez likewise, I've no idea how Loyal rates him so highly. A good player, but nothing more.

I'd also agree about United being poor, and the rest being worse than that. This must be Ferguson's worst side in 20 years, which speaks volumes for how bad Arsenal, Chelsea and the rest are.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Ah, if only Berby had the stomach for the big occasion...

are you saying he would be an addition to the Dublin team TC????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:30 pm

Useless shower of.....

1954, dennis Violett hat trick, Chelsea 5-6 United.

Have they beaten them since???? Just when you want them to win......

Lost two of the last 4, time for Darren to step up and replace the old man.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:38 pm

But yes, Patrique, I'd agree with all of that. To answer your question, I'd guess that Rooney wasn't thinking anything, as he doesn't have anything to think with. A good footballer, but grossly over-rated. In terms of talented English players, I'd put him milesl behind Gascoigne or Hoddle although, in fairness, he is probably a bit more gifted than Keegan.

And Tevez likewise, I've no idea how Loyal rates him so highly. A good player, but nothing more.

I'd also agree about United being poor, and the rest being worse than that. This must be Ferguson's worst side in 20 years, which speaks volumes for how bad Arsenal, Chelsea and the rest are.

Tevez is the best player in the world. That poster boy in Catalunya is not a patch on him. Tevez is a wizard but it's his incredible work-rate that makes him even more special.

As for the EPL being weak? AC Milan 0 - 1 Spurs, Arsenal 2 -1 Barcelona, Copenhagen 0 - 2 Chelsea. The only teams in Europe that might get in the mix with the top 5 in the English Premier League are Real Madrid and Barcelona, and possibly Borussia Dortmund.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Tevez is the best player in the world. That poster boy in Catalunya is not a patch on him.

I doubt if even Tevez thinks that. I doubt he even dreams it.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:49 pm

patrique wrote:Useless shower of.....

I seem to remember United beating them in the Champions League Final... Smile Since that though their record against them is woeful..
Rooney coming back to form with 5 goals in his last 5 games for United.. Evra's defending for the first goal was shocking and it was a very soft penalty. Luiz should have been gone. But United had a soft penalty against Liverpool in the Cup and Rooney should have gone last week so what goes around comes around and all that...

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:11 am

Jonsmith wrote:
patrique wrote:Useless shower of.....

I seem to remember United beating them in the Champions League Final... Smile Since that though their record against them is woeful..
Rooney coming back to form with 5 goals in his last 5 games for United.. Evra's defending for the first goal was shocking and it was a very soft penalty. Luiz should have been gone. But United had a soft penalty against Liverpool in the Cup and Rooney should have gone last week so what goes around comes around and all that...

You remember United BEATING Chelsea in the champions league final????Really?

Were you impressed with City BEATING Fulham the other day? And only got one point for it.

Get a grip man.

And is Rooney trying to remind Mancini why he bought him?

patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:19 am

Would hate to see United blow it now given the outstanding football they have been playing all season ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:32 am

Cup games and League games. Surely I don't have to explain the difference to you Pat do I?? United BEAT Chelsea in the 08 Final. Because a CUP game doesn't end at 90 Minutes. I thought that would be fairly obvious to a man who values the CL above all else in soccer?? But United's record against Chelsea in the League is poor I'll give you that..

I don't see what you mean about Rooney? He's gone already and is scoring now to prove his worth to City is it?.. They could do with him before the end of this season by the looks of things. One win in 4 and sliding rapidly towards 5th place..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:39 am

bocerty wrote:

are you saying he would be an addition to the Dublin team TC????

Jeeze boc - you really gotta get that amnesia checked out ..........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:13 am

Jonsmith wrote:Cup games and League games. Surely I don't have to explain the difference to you Pat do I?? United BEAT Chelsea in the 08 Final. Because a CUP game doesn't end at 90 Minutes. I thought that would be fairly obvious to a man who values the CL above all else in soccer?? But United's record against Chelsea in the League is poor I'll give you that..

I don't see what you mean about Rooney? He's gone already and is scoring now to prove his worth to City is it?.. They could do with him before the end of this season by the looks of things. One win in 4 and sliding rapidly towards 5th place..

Statistics.

City "ONE win in 4"

United "two wins in 4" but also TWO losses in 4, which makes City the form team.

And they are struggling for 5th, United maybe....top ten?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:40 am

On form over the past 6 games City are 11th. The top 4 (on form) are Arsenal Chelsea United and Spurs. They need to improve form dramatically..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Amazed to see Sir Alex' reaction to the ref - not like him at all. Amazing the way managers never miss those incidents but never quite see the Rooney type ones ... Calm down rednose - that's refs for ya - you can't buy win them all ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Amazed to see Sir Alex' reaction to the ref - not like him at all. Amazing the way managers never miss those incidents but never quite see the Rooney type ones ... Calm down rednose - that's refs for ya - you can't buy win them all ...

didnt watch the game but have seen some of the major incidents today on the internet and on sky sports news and the ref did have a shocker but Fergie can hardly have any grounds for complaint - as a United 'fan' (and i use the term loosely as i cant really be bothered with the whole soccer schite anymore) i cant stomach the double standards shown by most managers, from rednose to Arsene 'i didnt see it' Wenger their post match interviews make me cringe.

A bunch of w**kers the whole lot of them - unless they get every decision their way they arent happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:07 am

bocerty wrote:A bunch of w**kers the whole lot of them - unless they get every decision their way they arent happy

Yeah boc - you just keep sitting on that fence .... Razz

Agree totally - have very little time for soccer anymore at any level ... beautiful game my ****

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:09 am

Jonsmith wrote:On form over the past 6 games City are 11th. The top 4 (on form) are Arsenal Chelsea United and Spurs. They need to improve form dramatically..

On form over the last game United are joint last.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:11 am

Balotelli scores the goal of the season.

Try to pass a half volley into the top corner of the net from the edge of the penalty area.

really hard isn't it, compared to an oul bicycle kick which even well endowed types can manage................
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:38 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bocerty wrote:A bunch of w**kers the whole lot of them - unless they get every decision their way they arent happy

Yeah boc - you just keep sitting on that fence .... Razz

Agree totally - have very little time for soccer anymore at any level ... beautiful game my ****

any man who goes on about joga bonita should watch last years hurling final the 05 football final the first match under lights at croker & countless others and then tell me that soccer is the beautiful game.

fup me 90% of minor matches are 100 times better than soccer ball .
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Hard to believe Fergie is persisting with Berbatov and Rooney ahead of Javier Hernandez. I'd have Owen in there ahead of Berba. Surprised Fletcher isn't starting either.

Injuries in defence make United vulnerable, Gerrard to score twice. Andy Carroll to come off the bench and net another.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next