GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+23
hurlingguru
mugsys_barber
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
samin12
Larry Murphy
3inarow08
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
JimWexford
bald eagle
hipster 2
bocerty
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
patrique
Grenvile
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
27 posters

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Premier League - Page 19 Empty Re: The Premier League

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:13 pm

2-0 almost HT.

Have been critical of Liverpool in the past but can't question their temperment in the big games.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:2-0 almost HT.

Have been critical of Liverpool in the past but can't question their temperment in the big games.

Quality entertainment in fairness. Liverpool are all over United. Suarez with a run in the box that Messi would be proud of and Kuyt finishes. Nani heads back into his own box for Kuyt to head home.
Carragher goes in studs up on Nani and could have went, what followed was absolutely cringeworthy, Nani runs over to the ref, shows him his injured leg then falls down and breaks into tears. Mental stuff.. Rafael goes in 2 footed on Lucas and also could have seen red.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:44 pm

patrique wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:On form over the past 6 games City are 11th. The top 4 (on form) are Arsenal Chelsea United and Spurs. They need to improve form dramatically..

On form over the last game United are joint last.

Make that the last two games.

Three losses out of 5. I hear they are trying to entice Mancini away from eastlands.........
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:56 pm

So United have now lost half the amount of games that City have... United were terrible in the past 3 halves of football. Central midfield is a huge problem and if Nani is out they will struggle to create.

City very lucky to come away with a win yesterday, I see they have taken to just kicking players as they approach the box as their method of defence, worst disciplinary record in the league.. They are blessed with Spurs injuries and inconsistency though so it looks like they will stumble to 4th much like United will stumble to the title..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:28 pm

United are probably lucky its Arsenal that are up their arses and not Chelsea. To think some were asking could this ordinary United side emulate Arsenal and go unbeaten ... Rolling Eyes Confidence must be on the floor now, dressing room will be an unhappy place, fingers will be pointing, Rooney will be dreaming of his Summer transfer .... its not over yet.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:United are probably lucky its Arsenal that are up their arses and not Chelsea. To think some were asking could this ordinary United side emulate Arsenal and go unbeaten ... Rolling Eyes Confidence must be on the floor now, dressing room will be an unhappy place, fingers will be pointing, Rooney will be dreaming of his Summer transfer .... its not over yet.

The unbeaten run only kept going because of the way the fixtures fell.. No very tough away games until the last two because City didn't try to win the game. The two defeats have blown the title race open again but Arsenal seem to be too afraid to get over the line.. I still expect them to limp over the line but 2 of the last games in the run in are Chelsea and Arsenal so you never know. A quality central midfield and United would be decent again.

Watching MOTD, Carragher's tackle was shocking how did he not walk.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Pastore could provide some much needed impetus in the United midfield, if they decide to buy him.

Valenica played a few reserve team games recently, he must be nearing a return? Although, he looked slightly out of sorts for the few games he played prior to his horrific injury, if I recall.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Pastore could provide some much needed impetus in the United midfield, if they decide to buy him.

Valenica played a few reserve team games recently, he must be nearing a return? Although, he looked slightly out of sorts for the few games he played prior to his horrific injury, if I recall.

Ferguson won't spend big money on Pastore....He will probably go for Charlie Adam, i see he was at his better poisonous best after the match today refusing to give interviews and instructing his players to do the same....

Just shows you how far the standard of the EPL has dropped compared to what it was 3 or 4 years ago....

Good to see Rafael continue to backup ny assertion that he is nothing more than a brainless little sh1t
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

[quote="Jonsmith"]So United have now lost half the amount of games that City have...

How the mighty have fallen.

the comparison is no longer with Real Madrid, Milan, or Barcelona, but rather .......Man City.

For the past 13 seasons I have been comparing City to Charlton, not Bobby, but Athletic.

Some seasons City lagged behind, some on a par, some ahead of them, but they were always a good barometer to judge progress.

Now I must compare City to....United.

So have City improved that much or have United regressed?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:36 am

City have lost just twice the amount of games that United have. A dramatic improvement on other years. As I said the "defending" ie taking it in turns to take a yellow when there is a real danger, is paying off.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Ye should watch City. They do not tackle people when defending. shepherd them, and force them to shoot from outside the box, allowing Hart to save.

If someone gets into the box, Kompany takes the ball off him.

despite playing 3 strikers in a gung ho all out attack in most games, City have only conceded 25 goals,
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Arsenal United in the FA Cup. Hopefully United's midfield dominated by Irish and Brazilians can conjure up some magic.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Arsenal United in the FA Cup. Hopefully United's midfield dominated by Irish and Brazilians can conjure up some magic.

SEVEN defenders, even by Fergie standards a bit severe.

But then this type of all out attack has served him well for years
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:08 pm

The twins are playing well on the wings.. Fabio with his second goal in recent games.
Whatever about trying to turn the Brazilians into wingers when you see John O'Shea and Gibson in midfield as second choice to Carrick and Fletcher and still relying on Scholes to provide the class something is seriously wrong.. Needs investment with at least one classy midfielder this summer. Hopefully the Pasatore rumours are true.
Good to see Valencia on the bench after his horrible injury.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:08 am

Jonsmith wrote:The twins are playing well on the wings.. Fabio with his second goal in recent games.
Whatever about trying to turn the Brazilians into wingers when you see John O'Shea and Gibson in midfield as second choice to Carrick and Fletcher and still relying on Scholes to provide the class something is seriously wrong.. Needs investment with at least one classy midfielder this summer. Hopefully the Pasatore rumours are true.
Good to see Valencia on the bench after his horrible injury.

Good summation but rumour has it that they cannot afford pasatore and will settle for....Charlie adams, according to reasonably reliable sources.

But in soccer, where everyone tells porkies, hard to believe anything.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:38 am

I've heard the Adam transfer is a done deal for the summer allright.. Odds on his transfer to United went down to 4/11 or something on deadline day..
A good buy as a squad player but not someone you'd want to be control a Champions League knockout game.. Still though, an improvement on Carrick or Fletcher I would think. I think the best United fans can hope for is a cheap promising youngster if Scholes/Gibson go.. Can't imagine Rodwell or Henderson are the answer to replacing Scholes but they've been linked strongly.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Really hard to believe how atrocious the PL is this year ... and the wage bill astronomical ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Really hard to believe how atrocious the PL is this year ... and the wage bill astronomical ....

The standard has dropped off alright and compared to what it was 2 or 3 years ago it is very much in decline....The likes of United, Chelsea and Liverpool are shadows of the sides they were not too long ago....Granted City and Spurs have improved but it is definately a case of the top clubs coming back towards them as opposed them getting up towards their level....

It will be an interesting summer ahead as Liverpool, Chelsea & City all will spend big, the former two need to rebuild while United really need an injection of fresh blood but don't have the funds...There is actually a big chance for a team to emerge and dominate the league for the next few seasons

The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Liverpool will now lose out on a Europa League place because the second place will go to either Stoke or Bolton as runners up to United or City and the other place goes to the League Cup winners.. That is an insane rule if you ask me, especially considering Birmingham are fighting relegation.
City v United in Wembley should be a good game though, take United out of OT and they struggle so it will be interesting to see how they get on at a neutral venue.

I honestly don't think United are far away from being decent again.. A couple of decent midfielders and a good GK.. The back 4 is as good as any in Europe, Nani and Valencia on the wings are decent and Berbatov Rooney and Hernandez are all quality. People love to write off United but they still have won or challenged for the Premier League constantly and been to the latter stages of the Champions League.
Liverpool need a lot more investment that United. They have a dross of terrible players to get rid of, they need center backs, a good defensive midfielder, at least one pacey winger and a squad striker.. I'd expect a bit of a clear out in the Summertime..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Liverpool will now lose out on a Europa League place because the second place will go to either Stoke or Bolton as runners up to United or City and the other place goes to the League Cup winners.. That is an insane rule if you ask me, especially considering Birmingham are fighting relegation.
City v United in Wembley should be a good game though, take United out of OT and they struggle so it will be interesting to see how they get on at a neutral venue.

I honestly don't think United are far away from being decent again.. A couple of decent midfielders and a good GK.. The back 4 is as good as any in Europe, Nani and Valencia on the wings are decent and Berbatov Rooney and Hernandez are all quality. People love to write off United but they still have won or challenged for the Premier League constantly and been to the latter stages of the Champions League.
Liverpool need a lot more investment that United. They have a dross of terrible players to get rid of, they need center backs, a good defensive midfielder, at least one pacey winger and a squad striker.. I'd expect a bit of a clear out in the Summertime..

I don't think Kenny Daglish or whoever the Liverpool manager next season will be too put out over not being in it, especially as they have played a second string side in it every round so far, at least a Stoke or Bolton might take it serious....

Agreed that liverpool need more investment but they have an owner who realises this and won't balk at paying big money to bring players in and rebuild....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:03 pm

The Puke wrote:

I don't think Kenny Daglish or whoever the Liverpool manager next season will be too put out over not being in it, especially as they have played a second string side in it every round so far, at least a Stoke or Bolton might take it serious....

Agreed that liverpool need more investment but they have an owner who realises this and won't balk at paying big money to bring players in and rebuild....

Personally I don't think Liverpool will shell out any huge money for players in the way that Spurs or Chelsea or City will do. They will be patient and buy some emerging talent. Liverpool will be hoping to see the result of the work put into revamping their academy over the next 3 years too, something Benitez deserves huge credit for. I think Daglish is a great manager and the right man to contest the top 4 again. But he needs time..

Owen Hargreaves is back training for United today, a fine player but I doubt he will ever make a return to full fitness and will probably be let go in the summer..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:18 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
The Puke wrote:

Personally I don't think Liverpool will shell out any huge money for players in the way that Spurs or Chelsea or City will do. They will be patient and buy some emerging talent. Liverpool will be hoping to see the result of the work put into revamping their academy over the next 3 years too, something Benitez deserves huge credit for. I think Daglish is a great manager and the right man to contest the top 4 again. But he needs time..

Owen Hargreaves is back training for United today, a fine player but I doubt he will ever make a return to full fitness and will probably be let go in the summer..

What huge money have Spurs shelled out would you mind telling me
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Reckon you might get 7/2 on Marseilles going through .... not a bad bet
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Reckon you might get 7/2 on Marseilles going through .... not a bad bet

Value there alright, although i would be far more confident of Cue Card obliging tomorrow at a slightly smaller price as opposed to Marseille getting through
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next