GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+23
hurlingguru
mugsys_barber
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
samin12
Larry Murphy
3inarow08
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
JimWexford
bald eagle
hipster 2
bocerty
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
patrique
Grenvile
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
27 posters

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Premier League - Page 15 Empty Re: The Premier League

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Are ye serious?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Are ye serious?

unfortunately not Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  samin12 Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:32 pm

bocerty wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Are ye serious?

unfortunately not Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

a couple of people in my local did the four draws. One of my mates was mouthing to everyone on sat night to do the 4 draws, he slept in yesterday morning and dint do it himself. He was not a happy man last night

samin12
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

armagh
Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:32 pm

I watched MotD the other night for the first time in a while. It was directly after the Heineken Cup highlights .... and it didn't compare. United have won just 2 away games out of 10 and have a healthy lead at the top - that says a lot really. The quality is WAY down on previous years - especially in the top 6 or so. If United go through this season unbeaten I will ride a horse naked around Stephen's Green and waving a Meath flag
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I watched MotD the other night for the first time in a while. It was directly after the Heineken Cup highlights .... and it didn't compare. United have won just 2 away games out of 10 and have a healthy lead at the top - that says a lot really. The quality is WAY down on previous years - especially in the top 6 or so. If United go through this season unbeaten I will ride a horse naked around Stephen's Green and waving a Meath flag

Would you rather watch La Liga where every game is a matter of how much Barcelona and Real will win by? Real drew a game the other night and that ONE result probably puts the League out of their reach. The one thing I do enjoy about the PL is that the smaller teams can and do upset the big ones. It makes the league as a whole more interesting.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:23 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Would you rather watch La Liga where every game is a matter of how much Barcelona and Real will win by? Real drew a game the other night and that ONE result probably puts the League out of their reach. The one thing I do enjoy about the PL is that the smaller teams can and do upset the big ones. It makes the league as a whole more interesting.

Will ya stop JS. Only 3 teams have won the PL in the last 15 years!! 4 different Spanish clubs have won La Liga in the last 11 - or 5 if you go the 15 years as well. Smaller clubs upset the bigger ones? Not really.

Sad thing is that English football used to have great teams from around the cities. Newcastle, Forest, Leeds Sad Wolves, Huddersfield, Sheffield, Preston, Villa, Blackpool, Bolton, Liverpool Laughing etc - in its current state these clubs will never ever win the league again - thats a fact ....

All the European leagues are now dominated by the moneyed clubs - mostly same story every year in the CL. PL is no different .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:Would you rather watch La Liga where every game is a matter of how much Barcelona and Real will win by? Real drew a game the other night and that ONE result probably puts the League out of their reach. The one thing I do enjoy about the PL is that the smaller teams can and do upset the big ones. It makes the league as a whole more interesting.

Will ya stop JS. Only 3 teams have won the PL in the last 15 years!! 4 different Spanish clubs have won La Liga in the last 11 - or 5 if you go the 15 years as well. Smaller clubs upset the bigger ones? Not really.

Sad thing is that English football used to have great teams from around the cities. Newcastle, Forest, Leeds Sad Wolves, Huddersfield, Sheffield, Preston, Villa, Blackpool, Bolton, Liverpool Laughing etc - in its current state these clubs will never ever win the league again - thats a fact ....

All the European leagues are now dominated by the moneyed clubs - mostly same story every year in the CL. PL is no different .....

Ah now Jayo what fookin difference does how many different teams won the league over the past 15 years make any difference to the League this year?? What I'm saying is in the past 2-3 years the Premier League has become far more competitive..

"Smaller clubs upset the bigger ones? Not really" Don't see how you deny that one: Wolves beating Chelsea and Spurs, Wigan beating Arsenal are just some results off the top of my head.. Can you imagine if the some of the relegation candidates in Spain beat Barca and Real?? It wouldn't happen.

I'm not commenting on the quality contained in that competitiveness and I'm not saying the PL is ultra competitive but it is certainly much more competitive in the past few years than La Liga.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:39 pm

Cos the standards are down JS - thats the why. But every year you'll get shock or freak results in every league. But still Utd or Chelsea will win it ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Cos the standards are down JS - thats the why. But every year you'll get shock or freak results in every league. But still Utd or Chelsea will win it ....

The amount of freak results in the PL is far greater than the amount in La Liga. Recently at least. And for me at least that makes a league much more entertaining. Watching MOTD wouldn't be the same if it was a case of wondering how much United or Chelsea won by. With United playing away now it's wondering how many goals were in the draw... Laughing

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:20 pm

So Blackpool get fined for fielding a weakened team! A crock of ***** - the whole thing - most ludicrous thing ever. Chelsea/Utd/City etc prob have 25 internationals and can play any two XIs. Blackpool have limited resources, a load of keen squad players but ya play them and get fooked over it - sick.

Will Hollloway walk? Spivs, chancers the lot - may their greed and stupidity bring it all down around their ears.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:30 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:So Blackpool get fined for fielding a weakened team! A crock of ***** - the whole thing - most ludicrous thing ever. Chelsea/Utd/City etc prob have 25 internationals and can play any two XIs. Blackpool have limited resources, a load of keen squad players but ya play them and get fooked over it - sick.

Will Hollloway walk? Spivs, chancers the lot - may their greed and stupidity bring it all down around their ears.

absolutely incredible decision - a club on a shoestring budget getting done for fielding a weakened team - FFS Liverpool should be fined every week in that case!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:06 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:So Blackpool get fined for fielding a weakened team! A crock of ***** - the whole thing - most ludicrous thing ever. Chelsea/Utd/City etc prob have 25 internationals and can play any two XIs. Blackpool have limited resources, a load of keen squad players but ya play them and get fooked over it - sick.

An absolute joke. Especially given that it was such a thrilling game. Fergie did this on the last day of the season before the CL Final and did United get fined? Did they fook. Holloway and Blackpool have been a revelation playing great football and keeping well away from the Birmingham style of staying in the top flight, and this is their reward? Crazy stuff.

Holloway won't walk but his rant about this should be legendary...

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:03 am

Disgraceful decision especially when the precedent was for a suspended fine.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:20 am

The whole Torres transfer saga is mad. Handing in a transfer request 3 days before the window closes after Liverpool have bought Suarez to play up front with him?? I hope they hold Chelsea to ransom for him..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:24 am

Jonsmith wrote:The whole Torres transfer saga is mad. Handing in a transfer request 3 days before the window closes after Liverpool have bought Suarez to play up front with him?? I hope they hold Chelsea to ransom for him..

Premier League lad - madness, greed, exorbitance etc etc. A blot on the landscape of humanity. Er no - humanity is not at play here ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:30 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:The whole Torres transfer saga is mad. Handing in a transfer request 3 days before the window closes after Liverpool have bought Suarez to play up front with him?? I hope they hold Chelsea to ransom for him..

Premier League lad - madness, greed, exorbitance etc etc. A blot on the landscape of humanity. Er no - humanity is not at play here ....

Absolutely true. And when you see how genuinely upset some fans are about his desire to leave it really does show how vulgar the business is.. I can't comprehend how you could be involved with a business and a set of adoring fans and not develop some semblance of loyalty.
That's a definite plus to being a GAA fan.. We might be utter schite but Seanie is stuck with us.. Very Happy

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:38 am

Exactly. You may like ice cream, or fruit salad, or banoffi - but you'll always have Jelly!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:42 am

This is a chancer (Torres) of the highest order....An abject failure at the big soccerball thing, where the Spanish Trapp hardly picked him, he doddles back to the land of Wonga, where he fails to make any noteworthy impact and then desires to seek to extort the most moolh for himself..That soccerball system is a mad as a box of frogs, why the Russian mogul seeks to expend €30/40m. on a brittle, hamstrung and clearly mentally frail charlatan beggars belief.
Rant over: For a mere €1m. the Commie could acquire a real front line warrior in the form of Kevin Kilbane...now there's value for money...

Vote Fianna Fáil..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

This is a chancer (Torres) of the highest order....An abject failure at the big soccerball thing, where the Spanish Trapp hardly picked him, he doddles back to the land of Wonga, where he fails to make any noteworthy impact and then desires to seek to extort the most moolh for himself..That soccerball system is a mad as a box of frogs, why the Russian mogul seeks to expend €30/40m. on a brittle, hamstrung and clearly mentally frail charlatan beggars belief.
Rant over: For a mere €1m. the Commie could acquire a real front line warrior in the form of Kevin Kilbane...now there's value for money...

Vote Fianna Fáil..

His recent actions have shown he is no better than the rest when it comes to shows of loyalty but when it comes to rattling the onion bag he has a record that Jason Reilly would be proud of.. He may be a sick-note but when fit he's capable of anything..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 pm

They should challenge this in the courts.

The FA insist you list 25 people. No more, no less. That assumes all of the 25 are equal and the team must come from those 25.

Having done that they now discriminate between Blackpool's 25 and say Arsenal's 25. Arsenal made 8 changes against Wigan without a word being said.

So in effect that FA are now saying that numbers 1-11 MUST be your first team as numbers 12-25 are lesser beings. Doesn't say that in the rules and try telling that to say Johnson, Milner, Silva, Richards, Zabaletta, Given, Adebayor and Dzeko/Tevez at City. Not all great players but worth arguing they are worth a place any given Saturday?

Not according to the FA, well not if you are called Blackpool. The FA are now ruling that some squads of 25 are lesser than others. Of course they are, given the economics of soccer, but if you have 25 named players and pick from them, you have NOT broken any rules.

yet again one law for the rich and they wonder why football is in trouble?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:04 pm

By the 14th, less than two weeks, City could be 5th.

What's the run in like?

Mind you, once everyone is expelled from Europe by Platini, City can join United, Real, Barcelona and the rest in the breakaway CL, with SKY and all the sponsors on board.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Well done Robbie. Hope he'll do well there.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:24 pm

I hope he does well cos if he loses his Ireland place he'll walk away .... Rolling Eyes

WTF was that childish sh1t about?? Gimps the lot of them ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I hope he does well cos if he loses his Ireland place he'll walk away .... Rolling Eyes

WTF was that childish sh1t about?? Gimps the lot of them ...

Yeah it was a bit of a daft thing to say but Robbie has never struck me as the deep thinking eloquent type so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Keane, Suarez and Sturridge all scored on their debut appearances tonight.
I watched the Liverpool game, playing a very unorthodox formation Liverpool were brilliant. Suarez looks to have a great touch and pace, could be a great buy for Liverpool..
It'll be interesting to see how Carrol gets on. Overpriced definitely but Torres didn't want to be there and they will save something like 15 Million over his contract on wages compared to the Spaniard. With the Fair Play rules coming into force in the summer they had to buy someone.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next