GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavan GG News

+33
Podger
Parouisa
gaamad1996
Royal_Girl2k9
3inarow08
beer baron
drungrebel
Thomas Clarke
gsmithy
OMAR
GAAGenious
GAA-Fan
Armaghgeddon
bocerty
johnnos bulls
Loyal2TheRoyal
mugsys_barber
Sawyer
scoopmine
KerryKatriona
RMDrive
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
mossbags
Grenvile
Real Kerry Fan
Boxtyeater
mullins
SamiPremier08
bald eagle
mid-mon man
Dougal
Jayo Cluxton
37 posters

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

Cavan GG News - Page 4 Empty Re: Cavan GG News

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:29 am

He plays on the left
He plays on the ri--ight
that boy seanie
makes Kerry look sh*te.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 am

You'll see the stone being rolled from the tomb and the man himself walk out Jim as soon as i get to a scanner.

Moss if your looking for Cavan on the map we're the ones close enough to the North to shop in Asda but managed to skip the 'Nordie' tag, close enough to Dublin to get the 8th of December shopping done but far enough not to be bothered by the 30mph limit, and far enough away from the deep south to be worried about flying dusters.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:47 am

mossbags wrote:Where exactly is Cavan?, anyone know for sure? Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_scratch
It's the bid bit of water near you, they all still think they are in Waterworld with Kevin Costner
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:51 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:He plays on the left
He plays on the ri--ight
that boy seanie
makes Kerry look sh*te.

Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_razz Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_razz

Lo Li, the fields of County Cav
Where once we watched them beat the crap outta Mayo
Seanie J was on the wing
He had goals and points to sling
Its so holy round the fields of certain well endowed Cavan women Cavan GG News - Page 4 Herz
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:56 am

Jonsmith wrote:and far enough away from the deep south to be worried about flying dusters.

What about meteors ....... and where are ye hiding it since someone said it could be worth a few bob. Yer man in Astronomy Ireland is going loopy looking for it!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:59 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:and far enough away from the deep south to be worried about flying dusters.

What about meteors ....... and where are ye hiding it since someone said it could be worth a few bob. Yer man in Astronomy Ireland is going loopy looking for it!
Cavan feckers for ye, not givin' up the metors or the spaceship.
Keeping all those aliens to themselves as Mr Tobin said "Mean Cavan b******s"
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

We're waiting to see if the Meteor prices go up or down before we sell. It's just like the hunt for Sam. We're biding our time.. Twisted Evil

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 am

Anybody see the article?
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:55 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Anybody see the article?

I saw it. It waasn't very good to be honest. Very poorly written and full of lies and hyperbole.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:35 pm

KerryKatriona wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:Anybody see the article?

I saw it. It waasn't very good to be honest. Very poorly written and full of lies and hyperbole.
Well can you post it then
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Well boys and girls, there was I ready to go to Croke Park on Sunday but the missus had other ideas Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_sad . We are off to Cavan says she Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_eek . Ah well look on the bright side says I as we set up camp in Cavan Crystal hotel Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_surprised . Probed the pubs in the town and an air of depression existed from the previous nights defeat Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_cry . A lift on Monday night when I was able to shake the hand of Andy Murray in The Reshessan Bar on Monday night. A Great boxer and a gentleman Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_cheers . On Tuesday up at dawn and off to get the 'Post'. There it was i leathanach 49., Jayo's rallying call. Brought it with me to the "Top of the Town' bar that night and carefully left it open on the bar as I roved around the bar looking at the GAA adorned walls. Yes they had already read it and you could sense the rise in their spirits as they discussed the glory days, even got a free pint Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_sunny . Ramled the county from Arva to Ballyconnell and from Virginia to Cootehill. Went to see the boots worn by the great P.J.Duke in the Ballyjamesduff museum, sadly died too young.They are proud people in the Breffni county and yes I can see the tide turning so lets give them the lift they deserve. Come on lets give them the support they deserve. Cavan GG News - Page 4 Bom
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Still haven't see the post, until then support still withdrawn
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Great post RKF!!! Did you announce yourself as the advance GT touring party? Were they impressed with our support? Onwards and upwards for the men in blue!

ps You owe me a pint! Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Well boys and girls, there was I ready to go to Croke Park on Sunday but the missus had other ideas Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_sad . We are off to Cavan says she Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_eek . Ah well look on the bright side says I as we set up camp in Cavan Crystal hotel Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_surprised . Probed the pubs in the town and an air of depression existed from the previous nights defeat Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_cry . A lift on Monday night when I was able to shake the hand of Andy Murray in The Reshessan Bar on Monday night. A Great boxer and a gentleman Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_cheers . On Tuesday up at dawn and off to get the 'Post'. There it was i leathanach 49., Jayo's rallying call. Brought it with me to the "Top of the Town' bar that night and carefully left it open on the bar as I roved around the bar looking at the GAA adorned walls. Yes they had already read it and you could sense the rise in their spirits as they discussed the glory days, even got a free pint Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_sunny . Ramled the county from Arva to Ballyconnell and from Virginia to Cootehill. Went to see the boots worn by the great P.J.Duke in the Ballyjamesduff museum, sadly died too young.They are proud people in the Breffni county and yes I can see the tide turning so lets give them the lift they deserve. Come on lets give them the support they deserve. Cavan GG News - Page 4 Bom

Come on Cavan!!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Come on Cavan!![/quote]
come on where, where are you bringing them, out for a walk??
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:04 am

The two Cavan men in together - pubs in Mullahoran musta shut early!!! Any chance of scanning d'article and posting JS or D?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:13 am

wish i could but i cant,i might type it up on sat.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 am

Dougal wrote:wish i could but i cant,i might type it up on sat.

Ah Dougal that'd take ages and I dunno how the Ed posted it but this was what we sent (would love to have a scan of the actual article for Doubting Thomas from Wexford though! Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_lol ) ....

Well GAA Tipster is a relatively new web forum full of the most intelligent posters you will ever come across – except the Galway lads! All life and counties are there – we even have Leitrim boys there who have an opinion on football. The age profile is varied from those bordering on senility to those in the first flush of youth!

The more senior brigade often wax lyrical about the good old days as they sit over their keyboards with a nice hot cup of Horlicks. The many Tyrone posters are recent converts to the GAA and could not get their heads around the 125th anniversary as they reckon the GAA is only 7 years old. But in the reminiscences you will never fail to hear the Breffni mentioned.

We have many fine Cavan posters aboard and they are knowledgeable and entertaining - but the pain drips from their posts – and we feel their pain! We know that Cavan is steeped in football history. With a quite incredible 39 Ulster titles – and five All Ireland titles! We also know that most of these successes came in the 20s, 30s and 40s.

On GAA Tipster we have tried to tease out the reasons for this. How could a county that were the absolute blue bloods of Ulster football just disappear? How could the whole tradition just evaporate? How could a county that more than matched the great teams, that produced real GAA legends like John Joe, the recently deceased Mick Higgins, Simon Deignan, Charlie Gallagher, Gunner Brady, Stephen King big Dermot Mc and Larry Reilly just stop producing talent. Well I hate to tell ye – we just don’t know – it’s a mystery to even the great brains that populate the Tipster site! Its right up there with Fatima, Shergar and the Loch Ness monster!

So, accepting that we are bereft of a solution and are at a remove, what can we do to help? What can a disparate and mostly anonymous group of Dubs, Wexicans, Mayonaissers, Donegallians, Tipperarians and a host of other countymen do? We even have Farneys and Longfordonians aboard!

Well we can ensure that Cavan’s achievements aren’t consigned to history. For every mention of O’Sé we will answer O’Reilly, for every Joyce we’ll counter Higgins and for every Foley we will say Brady. We will re-open eyes to the phenomenon that was Cavan football – and will be Cavan football again.

And we won’t be hurlers on the ditch either. We will travel to Kingspan and elsewhere and lend our voices to our adopted county with full, throaty, guttural support. We will learn Paddy Reilly if necessary. We will not talk of potholes or meanness. We will travel with hope in our hearts and affection for the legend and tradition that is Cavan Gaelic football.

It has been long – far too long – our time has come. Breffni abú!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:29 am

Cavan GG News - Page 4 00212

Sorry for the delay on this!

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:33 am

Ha great stuff JS. Mr Jim - eat humble pie lad!!

Breffni Abú!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:37 am

Sorry it's not great bit of a rush job with the scanner but sure if it's enough to make the Wexican believe then it'll do rightly!

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:04 am

so we are hopping on a bandwagon after the Roscommon victory, and what is our view after the Antrim defeat
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:52 am

JimWexford wrote:so we are hopping on a bandwagon after the Roscommon victory, and what is our view after the Antrim defeat

Rome wasn't built in a day ........ from small acorns ..... etc, etc.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Great post RKF!!! Did you announce yourself as the advance GT touring party? Were they impressed with our support? Onwards and upwards for the men in blue!

ps You owe me a pint! Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_lol

No Jayo not at first but when the conversation moved on I admitted being a contributor. Had a good crack with the lads in the pub and the good lady behind the bar that produced the drinks(missus included)Will buy you the pint Jayo but not the vodka Cavan GG News - Page 4 Icon_evil
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:29 pm

JimWexford wrote:so we are hopping on a bandwagon after the Roscommon victory, and what is our view after the Antrim defeat

It takes a few Galls' boyos for to get the Gaels lads bothered about playing Antrim. Sadly they weren't around so the lads weren't fired up for it..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next