GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavan GG News

+33
Podger
Parouisa
gaamad1996
Royal_Girl2k9
3inarow08
beer baron
drungrebel
Thomas Clarke
gsmithy
OMAR
GAAGenious
GAA-Fan
Armaghgeddon
bocerty
johnnos bulls
Loyal2TheRoyal
mugsys_barber
Sawyer
scoopmine
KerryKatriona
RMDrive
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
mossbags
Grenvile
Real Kerry Fan
Boxtyeater
mullins
SamiPremier08
bald eagle
mid-mon man
Dougal
Jayo Cluxton
37 posters

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Cavan GG News - Page 16 Empty Re: Cavan GG News

Post  bocerty Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:48 pm

3inarow08 wrote:
bocerty wrote:
3inarow08 wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:Cork 1-19
Cavan 0-4

Time for Cavan to concentrate on handball...........

did they field a full team or were they short a few - thats some hammering

No no. Cork had a full team out alright!

i see Cavan are for changing the Carr!!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Who picked Cavan for GT ???? Cavan GG News - Page 16 Icon_redface
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:53 pm

I reckon it's a bit of a GT jinx we put on them JC!

By the way, I'd like to nominate either Cork or Tyrone for GT team of the year for 2011! Cavan GG News - Page 16 Icon_twisted
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm

I have to say Mr McQuillan's performance on Saturday did not do much for Jayo-Cavan relations ...... Cavan GG News - Page 16 Icon_evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:27 am

Pete McGrath tipped to take over next year.
We'll still be underdogs going into the game going into the game against Derry but Ray Cullivan will score a last gasp winner and the pundits will go wild about the turnaround this lad has made in 12 months. Then the media will serve up a grudge match as we take on Down in the Semi where the Cavan Gaels boys returning to the panel will stifle the Coulter/Clarke threat to let Cavan roar into the final where All Star pairing Givney and McKiernan will Lord the midfield against a rejuvenated Armagh side with Cavan holding on for a 1 point victory. Guaranteed*

*Guarantee provided by RafaBenitez ltd

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:03 am

One week left as Official Team of the Year. Hats off to Cavan, tremendous team over the past twelve months.

So who's team of the year 2011?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:One week left as Official Team of the Year. Hats off to Cavan, tremendous team over the past twelve months.

Meath.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:One week left as Official Team of the Year. Hats off to Cavan, tremendous team over the past twelve months.

Meath.

Here's the shortlist, to be verified by Jayo Cluxton:

Sligo
Derry
Leitrim
Westmeath
Wexford
Monaghan

In keeping with tradition of the competition, the chosen county should have 1) a sizeable representation of posters (or supporters) on the site and 2) be a so-called "lesser" county but with the scope to cause a few surprises in the championship.

If we can decide on some nominations, I think it should go to the polls, with the county favoured most becoming "GT Team of the Year" 2011 in time for the start of the National Leagues next weekend.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

Meath.

Sligo
Derry
Leitrim
Westmeath
Wexford
Monaghan

In keeping with tradition of the competition, the chosen county should have 1) a sizeable representation of posters (or supporters) on the site and 2) be a so-called "lesser" county but with the scope to cause a few surprises in the championship.

If we can decide on some nominations, I think it should go to the polls, with the county favoured most becoming "GT Team of the Year" 2011 in time for the start of the National Leagues next weekend.

Leitrim
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

Meath.

Sligo
Derry
Leitrim
Westmeath
Wexford
Monaghan

In keeping with tradition of the competition, the chosen county should have 1) a sizeable representation of posters (or supporters) on the site and 2) be a so-called
"lesser" county but with the scope to cause a few surprises in the championship.

Whats the prizes men?1st prize forum members of county win a week in roscommon 2nd prize forum members of county win 2 weeks in roscommon

Leitrim
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:39 am

Loyal were you in Navan tonight by any chance?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:45 pm

No I wasn't JS. I hear Meath won but that's it. Here is the Cavan team for tomorrow:

Cavan (McKenna Cup v Derry) - Fintan Reilly, Oisin Minagh, Sean McCormack, Fergal Slowey, Dane O'Dowd, Padraigh O'Reilly, Damien O'Reilly, Gearoid McKiernan, David Givney, Mark McKeever, Ray Cullivan, Stephen Jordan, Niall McDermott, Eugene Keating, Raymond Galligan.

That looks a strong side - don't think it'll get much better than that?

McDermott, Keating and Galligan is a FF line with potential. No wonder they don't want Jelly.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:No I wasn't JS. I hear Meath won but that's it. Here is the Cavan team for tomorrow:

Cavan (McKenna Cup v Derry) - Fintan Reilly, Oisin Minagh, Sean McCormack, Fergal Slowey, Dane O'Dowd, Padraigh O'Reilly, Damien O'Reilly, Gearoid McKiernan, David Givney, Mark McKeever, Ray Cullivan, Stephen Jordan, Niall McDermott, Eugene Keating, Raymond Galligan.

That looks a strong side - don't think it'll get much better than that?

McDermott, Keating and Galligan is a FF line with potential. No wonder they don't want Jelly.

Yeah saw that.. Val will be looking to have a settled side come the end of the McKenna cup. It's alll about the League for Cavan this year.
I presume that's sarcasm re Johnston but he's been terrible for the past 18 months.. I'd be happier if we had a manager who could sort out why his form and interest has plummeted than one who just drops him but it's done now..

Another year another new fullback line.. Not one Gaels man starting and 2 Gaels subs on the bench.
More of the same from Cavan this year methinks. Clinging on or dropping in the League and a short summer.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:07 pm

I've searched for a minute or two to find a post from Loyal, which outlined the criteria for this selection process to no avail...

Candidates for 2012 then please..

It's a pity Mossbags don't log on (or there) cos' Galway might be worth a chase...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:I've searched for a minute or two to find a post from Loyal, which outlined the criteria for this selection process to no avail...

It's a pity Mossbags don't log on (or there) cos' Galway might be worth a chase...

Was this not to be Antrim in a homage to our departed Saffron comrade?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:I've searched for a minute or two to find a post from Loyal, which outlined the criteria for this selection process to no avail...

Was this not to be Antrim in a homage to our departed Saffron comrade?

News to me...Perhaps the techie could create a masthead that would encompass, nay treasure, the late Paddy.
Meanwhile, I think Meath are worthy of consideration. Low lying, on the hind tit, ambitous-and with posters...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:52 am

U21's begin the year with an away win against the Rossies.. In a grade still boasting knockout Championship where any consistency from year to year is notoriously hard to find, it would be brilliant if Cavan could defend their titles..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:07 am

So Seanie is looking to go to the Lilywhites after all!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:20 am

Parouisa wrote:So Seanie is looking to go to the Lilywhites after all!!!

You heard it here first!

Very disappointing all round, as this is not what our games are about. Not unexpected from McGeeney though.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:25 am

Parouisa wrote:So Seanie is looking to go to the Lilywhites after all!!!

Resident in Kildare.... Suspect

Did Keys need to fill a certain amount of words for that Article? Ridiculous last few lines about increasing goal ratio considering it's extremely rare that Johnston finds the net. He's not Jason Reilly.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:55 am

Phillip Jordan tweeted today criticising Johnston. Good man, fair play to him for not sitting on the fence or **** licking like Brogan and Aidan O'Shea..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:52 am

Jonsmith wrote:Phillip Jordan tweeted today criticising Johnston. Good man, fair play to him for not sitting on the fence or **** licking like Brogan and Aidan O'Shea..

I didn't see Philly's tweet, but that doesn't surprise me. Jordan was never in the game to line his pockets. Wasn't a member of the GPA, and gave his grant to the club.

Whatever about Johnston, McGeeney's form in all this is just as poor. If he isn't good enough to get Kildare over the line with Kildare men, then he should let it go.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Podger Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:39 am

Jonsmith wrote:Phillip Jordan tweeted today criticising Johnston. Good man, fair play to him for not sitting on the fence or **** licking like Brogan and Aidan O'Shea..

Dont welcome this development at all. WHat did Brogan an O'Se say?
Podger
Podger
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Kildare
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Jordan basically said that Johnston should be trying to play his way onto the Cavan squad and what he's doing is against the whole ethos of the GAA.

When Johnston was first dropped Brogan said something to the effect of - I can't believe Johnston was dropped he's one of the best players I've ever played with. O'Se said something like - Cavan must have some great players when they can afford to drop Johnston. They're not as vocal on the issue now...

Johnston has said he is resident in Straffan.. So he has a 160 odd mile round trip to work in Breffni College every day.. No wonder he was useless last year. affraid

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:54 pm

I have huge admiration for Johnston as a player - if his head is right and he is concentrating on his football. Can't see why Brogan or O'Shea should be considered ar5e lickers for saying he is a very good player? scratch He carried Cavan in many games in the past.

And they are quiet about what? Him trying to move to Kildare? Were they asked? Or maybe they are expected to issue a statement along the lines of - We once commented that SJ is a very good player but would now like to add that he should / should not (delete as appropriate) move from Cavan.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next