GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavan GG News

+33
Podger
Parouisa
gaamad1996
Royal_Girl2k9
3inarow08
beer baron
drungrebel
Thomas Clarke
gsmithy
OMAR
GAAGenious
GAA-Fan
Armaghgeddon
bocerty
johnnos bulls
Loyal2TheRoyal
mugsys_barber
Sawyer
scoopmine
KerryKatriona
RMDrive
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
mossbags
Grenvile
Real Kerry Fan
Boxtyeater
mullins
SamiPremier08
bald eagle
mid-mon man
Dougal
Jayo Cluxton
37 posters

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

Cavan GG News - Page 9 Empty Re: Cavan GG News

Post  JimWexford Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:13 am

GAA-Fan wrote:Cavan GG News - Page 9 Vgmzmy1272468092

How about having this on front and back?

Sorry that is just afront to GAA people
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:26 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
What would you prefer Jayo? Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_eek

Soemthing a little more designer Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_smile - I can't be wearing that with the Armani watch, the YSL jeans and Gucci shoes! Ya know yourself ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Cavan GG News - Page 9 Empty Hold Your Horses !!!

Post  GAAGenious Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:00 pm

Here lads ha im sorry to burst your bubble in the analisys part i said Cavan will do well by that i mean they could be in an ulster final and thats great but SAM ya kiddin me have you all forgotten Laois are in the All - Ireland..... Cavan a hope !!! { pun on haven } {silent T too }

Where yee getting the tops printed?
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo
Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:50 pm

Dublin v Cavan on Monday (3.30) in Breffni Park
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Tue May 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Good win for Cavan Nesty showing the dubs how its done!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 04, 2010 3:49 pm

scoopmine wrote:Good win for Cavan Nesty showing the dubs how its done!

Yaw ..... this whole thing is now under review ... Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_evil Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue May 04, 2010 3:50 pm

CAVAN 0-14 DUBLIN 0-10

Dublin senior footballers were defeated by Cavan at the official opening of their new 3G pitch at Breffni Park on Monday afternoon.
The experimental Dubs failed to combine to any telling effect and were made pay for some squandered goal chances after playing into the wind in the opening half.
Paddy Andrews was the visitors best player in the opening period during which he kicked three points from play but Cavan were good value for their 0-10 to 0-4 interval lead with full-fowards Cian Mackey and Declan McKiernan impressing at times and former Dublin U21, Gareth Smith, prompting his attack with some measured passing.
Both counties introduced plenty of subs as the game progressed with Tomás Quinn sharp from placed ball to help close the gap to four points.

SCORERS - Cavan: C Mackey, G Smith (0-2f), D McKiernan, Philip Brady, C Galligan 0-2 each, A Clarke, Paul Brady, D Givney, R Galligan (0-1f) 0-1 each. Dublin: T Quinn 0-4 (0-3f, 0-1 45), P Andrews 0-3, K McManamon, D Henry, D Connolly 0-1 each.
CAVAN - F Reilly; D Sheridan, D O’Dowd, E McPhillips; Paul Brady, E McGuigan, J McCucheon; R Cullivan, D Givney; R Flanagan, G Smith, M McKeever; C Mackey, D McKiernan, Phillip Brady. Subs: C Galligan for Givney (22), M Brides for Paul Brady (57), B Fitzpatrick for Phillip Brady (57), R Galligan for McKiernan (57), A Clarke for McGuigan (58), E Smith for McPhillips (62), M Brennan for Mackey (67), Philip Brady for Flanagan (68).
DUBLIN - S Cluxton; Paul Brogan, P McMahon, D Bastick; P Casey, G Brennan, J Brogan; E Fennell, R McConnell; D Kelly, D Henry, A Hubbard; P Andrews, K McManamon, B McManamon. Subs: C Murphy for K McManamon (20), D Connolly for McConnell (43), E O’Gara for Hubbard (43), T Quinn for B McManamon (43), D Watson for Casey (48).
REF - P McEneaney (Monaghan).
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue May 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Jayo

In the interests of the safety and wellbeing of the Dublin posters who wish to follow Cavan this summer - I urge caution for those who intend to take the hazardous journey threw the Badlands of Meath.

Ive heard reports that the Dublin Bus was attacked by stonethrowers last night on its journey back through Navan
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue May 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Strong enough Dublin team Well Done Cavan..... Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_surprised
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue May 04, 2010 4:05 pm

OMAR wrote:Jayo

In the interests of the safety and wellbeing of the Dublin posters who wish to follow Cavan this summer - I urge caution for those who intend to take the hazardous journey threw the Badlands of Meath.

Ive heard reports that the Dublin Bus was attacked by stonethrowers last night on its journey back through Navan

I've just heard this too shocking but not surprised by it Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_twisted ..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 04, 2010 4:13 pm

M3 can't come quick enough ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Tue May 04, 2010 4:25 pm

mullins wrote:Strong enough Dublin team Well Done Cavan..... Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_surprised

how many of that team will be playing come championship?i didnt recognise a good few of those names.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Dougal wrote:
mullins wrote:Strong enough Dublin team Well Done Cavan..... Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_surprised

how many of that team will be playing come championship?i didnt recognise a good few of those names.

I'd guess at least 6 and most will be on the panel ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue May 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Dougal wrote:

DUBLIN - S Cluxton; , P McMahon, G Brennan, E Fennell, R McConnell; D Henry, A Hubbard; P Andrews, K McManamon, Connolly , Quinn

Dougal i would say the players above have a good chance of starting v Wexford..9 of them started v Cavan..Dublin played a challenge friday v Antrim to.
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 04, 2010 5:12 pm

mullins wrote:DUBLIN - S Cluxton; , P McMahon, G Brennan, E Fennell, R McConnell; D Henry, A Hubbard; P Andrews, K McManamon, Connolly , Quinn

Dougal i would say the players above have a good chance of starting v Wexford..9 of them started v Cavan..Dublin played a challenge friday v Antrim to.

Can't see that many mullins. You'd have to add in the two Brogans and Keaney up front for a start ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue May 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mullins wrote:DUBLIN - S Cluxton; , P McMahon, G Brennan, E Fennell, R McConnell; D Henry, A Hubbard; P Andrews, K McManamon, Connolly , Quinn

Can't see that many mullins. You'd have to add in the two Brogans and Keaney up front for a start ...

Jc possible starters then...Quinn and connolly are pushing hard for a starting place and playing well...I would stiill say the 9 are first team players..... Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_smile
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu May 06, 2010 12:11 am

Boxty can you get your Eastern European business partner's moosus and the female kids to knit up a few Cavan tee shirts for the summer for the GT touring party? Any news Cavan lads? We need to keep this one right up there to let the new lads know about this gut wrenching initiative ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu May 06, 2010 12:20 am

Johnston's Injury is worse than expected and his match fitness may be questionable come the 12th of June. Working hard himself though according to reports, spurred on by visiting this thread before each training session.
It looks like Declan McKiernan and Brendan Fitz are making the jump to the senior squad to fill in for a few regulars who have opted out, good to see.
Mood in the B team camp is upbeat after they saw off a poor Dublin challenge.. Neutral

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Thu May 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Why pick a team that re only going to have two games in the Championship? We could have picked Kerry and got a right old rattle for our money.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu May 06, 2010 8:14 pm

[quote="Jayo Cluxton"]Boxty can you get your Eastern European business partner's moosus and the female kids to knit up a few Cavan tee shirts for the summer for the GT touring party? quote]

Junior and myself are going on a "fact-finding" jolly to Ukraine next week. Adaptive as ever, Junior informs me that he will, with a "leetle" fiscal incentive of the order of €75 be able to modify their native jersey to suit our needs.
I will personally supervise these adjustments and will place an order, for say 50 jerseys, to cope with the expected surge in demand as the campaign hots up.
There are logistical hurdles, customs clearance, factory and shipping costs to be met but I'm confident we will be able to let forum members swagger around for the summer in these pinnacles of sartorial elegance for €59.99 a pop. *
* Junior thought these would work out at around €7.99 a throw but of course he wasn't factoring in any costs...... Cavan GG News - Page 9 Suspect

Cavan GG News - Page 9 2009611172909

I'm liking the image of GAA Tipster emblazoned sideways on the front..... Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_biggrin
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri May 07, 2010 12:24 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Junior and myself are going on a "fact-finding" jolly to Ukraine next week. Adaptive as ever, Junior informs me that he will, with a "leetle" fiscal incentive of the order of €75 be able to modify their native jersey to suit our needs.
I will personally supervise these adjustments and will place an order, for say 50 jerseys, to cope with the expected surge in demand as the campaign hots up.
There are logistical hurdles, customs clearance, factory and shipping costs to be met but I'm confident we will be able to let forum members swagger around for the summer in these pinnacles of sartorial elegance for €59.99 a pop. *
* Junior thought these would work out at around €7.99 a throw but of course he wasn't factoring in any costs...... Cavan GG News - Page 9 Suspect

Cavan GG News - Page 9 2009611172909

I'm liking the image of GAA Tipster emblazoned sideways on the front..... Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_biggrin

Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_razz Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_razz Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_razz Boxty is back in the room!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri May 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Boxty I wouldn't wear that yolk out to the duhill... (Spelling of duhill??)

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri May 07, 2010 6:04 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Boxty I wouldn't wear that yolk out to the duhill... (Spelling of duhill??)

'Tis a dunghill in our parts Jon. "Like a lovely rose growing on a dunghill" is a well worn phrase, generally applied to a poor team performance where one lonely warrior stood out....
On the jersey issue I'm afraid you didn't fully read or comprehend my post. I'm travelling to the Ukraine with a "business associate" looking at expanding opportunities in Eastern Europe (at great personal, expense given that Junior is potless financially but wealthy in ideas and rather creative in general).
I pointed out that the jersey, as displayed, will require some modifications which I will personally oversee and I will post some images as the developmental process engages fully.
More than that I cannot do, but please remember that I am undertaking this matter for all your benefits during a very busy schedule....

Perhaps I'll concentrate on other projects..... Cavan GG News - Page 9 Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri May 07, 2010 6:28 pm

The 'ng' was lost somewhere between Fenagh and Feehans Boxty.. The name has often been applied to an overweight full forward by the less eloquent GAA enthusiasts around these parts.

Do GT members get a discount on that €59.99 or are you giving us enough of a bargain already? Suspect

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri May 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Jonsmith wrote:The 'ng' was lost somewhere between Fenagh and Feehans Boxty.. The name has often been applied to an overweight full forward by the less eloquent GAA enthusiasts around these parts.

Do GT members get a discount on that €59.99 or are you giving us enough of a bargain already? Suspect

Feehan's....ah! yes...Hazy recollections of a memorable funeral a few years ago sometimes waken me in the small hours.. Cavan GG News - Page 9 Drunken_smilie

A discount on the €59.99 will not apply. This is being offered at a below cost bargain. Think of the expenses here: travel, food and drink for those I'll be negotiating with, customs issues, documentation, VAT, taxes, storage, distribution costs, the list goes on...
I'll possibly end up out of pocket on the whole thing and if Junior goes back on the "Jamacian Woodbines" out there God knows what might happen...... Cavan GG News - Page 9 Affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next