GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavan GG News

+33
Podger
Parouisa
gaamad1996
Royal_Girl2k9
3inarow08
beer baron
drungrebel
Thomas Clarke
gsmithy
OMAR
GAAGenious
GAA-Fan
Armaghgeddon
bocerty
johnnos bulls
Loyal2TheRoyal
mugsys_barber
Sawyer
scoopmine
KerryKatriona
RMDrive
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
mossbags
Grenvile
Real Kerry Fan
Boxtyeater
mullins
SamiPremier08
bald eagle
mid-mon man
Dougal
Jayo Cluxton
37 posters

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

Cavan GG News - Page 6 Empty Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Sawyer Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Haven't been on this thread till now, decided I'd keep a low profile until after the game just in case! Have to be honest boys, I wasn't overly optimistic before the game, and Louth were pretty bad. But Cavan were awful. They should have had four goals in the first fifteen minutes.

Gallagher in the goals for us took off a few good saves, Brian White kicked some nice scores and Sean O'Neill won a lot of dirty ball round the middle, but it was a very bad game. Our full back line was not at the races and only for Cavan's bad finishing they'd've been out of sight very early.

Referee was very erratic I thought, Cavan could feel hard done by on a few occasions in the second half, one in particular when a midfielder took a mark and tried to play on but the ref sent him back and made him take a free.

I'd fear for Cavan for the rest of the league, as for ourselves, massive improvement is needed for promotion to be even contemplated.
Sawyer
Sawyer
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:55 pm

oh no our pet team lost. I am very, very upset.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:55 pm

for the first time in a long time,i think ill be choosing beer over cavan next weekend.woeful isnt the word for the performance today.started decent with 1-01 within a few minutes,and another goal chance or 2,but did absolutely nothing after that.tommy carr didnt go to enough club games last year to be able to pick any of the players,doesnt have a game plan and cant motivate our players,the sooner hes gone the better.as much as i hate to sound like the bould tom smith,donal keoghan was twice the manager carr is.im already planning what we need to do when we go down to Div4 next,step 1 is get rid of Carr.two positives though,i didnt put any money on cavan,and like a true cavan man i got in for free.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:22 pm

This project is going pear shaped .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:This project is going pear shaped .....

FFS lads it's now more than even that Cavan need us. We have been following this team for ... weeks now. Are we going to give up after a slight hiccup like this? No we're not!. The good people of cavan are depending on us to make a difference and by feck we're going to give it to them. We are going to post our shallow and insincere support for Cavan on this forum like we're never posted before! Cavan GG News - Page 6 Icon_twisted
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:38 pm

I believe Cavan GG News - Page 6 Icon_biggrin Cavan GG News - Page 6 Icon_biggrin Cavan GG News - Page 6 Icon_cheers
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Come on Cavan Ive backed you every week
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:44 pm

mullins wrote:

Think with the head and not the heart next time then, you'd be alot closer to the top in that case! Wink
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:51 pm

mid-mon man wrote:
mullins wrote:

Think with the head and not the heart next time then, you'd be alot closer to the top in that case! Wink

I give them the same respect i give my own county..We cant be all winners Cavan GG News - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:50 am

mullins wrote:

Mullins you disgust me by posting THAT version of such a great song on here! Pull yourself together man!

SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:28 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:This project is going pear shaped .....

We have a non-believer in our ranks, thats the problem.. The football Gods are angry!! We must take JimWexford and cut out his heart to appease the Gods!! Twisted Evil

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Jonsmith wrote:We have a non-believer in our ranks, thats the problem.. The football Gods are angry!! We must take JimWexford and cut out his heart to appease the Gods!! Twisted Evil

We may have a problem there JS ... he may not have one ..
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Sure look. It could be worse, we could have picked Tyrone and then we wouldn't have even one win to celebrate this campaign! Suspect

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:38 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Sure look. It could be worse, we could have picked Tyrone and then we wouldn't have even one win to celebrate this campaign! Suspect

Things are not going to plan at all, The NFL table makes depressing viewing for us Tyronies this weather. Maybe a win over Derry in the under 21's this week will lift the doom and gloom because I wouldn't be overly convinced that we'll fair much better against the rebels on Saturday night Cavan GG News - Page 6 Icon_sad
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:39 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:Sure look. It could be worse, we could have picked Tyrone and then we wouldn't have even one win to celebrate this campaign! Suspect

Things are not going to plan at all, The NFL table makes depressing viewing for us Tyronies this weather. Maybe a win over Derry in the under 21's this week will lift the doom and gloom because I wouldn't be overly convinced that we'll fair much better against the rebels on Saturday night Cavan GG News - Page 6 Icon_sad

Is the Cork game in Tyrone Mugsey?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:44 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:

healy park RM
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Dougal wrote:
RMDrive wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:

healy park RM

I'd say Tyrone will win this one so.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:51 pm

RMDrive wrote:
Dougal wrote:
RMDrive wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:

healy park RM

I'd say Tyrone will win this one so.

Its also on Setanta.

Well they really need to win it RM but our defence is more interested in heading up the field and defending is out the window. Gormley appears to be the only man in the defence capable of stopping an opponent running straight at him. A strong running team like Cork will have the ability to rack up another high score and unfortunately whilst Cavanagh and O'Neill are not available We're not the same outfit at all. A big performance required, I only hope that Cork aren't the best of travellers.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:00 pm

G'wan Cavan!!! The win is surely a result of the bi-product of the intense support on this thread. Very Happy

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:19 pm

jon, the season will really kick in with the destruction of Fermanagh in the USFC!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Cavan for SAM!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:27 pm

scoopmine wrote:Cavan for SAM!

The only way that sentence would be in any way valid was if by Sam, you meant Uncle Sam. Do Cavan have strong American connections?

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:30 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:

The only way that sentence would be in any way valid was if by Sam, you meant Uncle Sam. Do Cavan have strong American connections?

1947 All Ireland Final? Polo Grounds NY they won the Sam in the land of Uncle Sam!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:33 pm

bald eagle wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

1947 All Ireland Final? Polo Grounds NY they won the Sam in the land of Uncle Sam!!!

Yes but Cavan 2010 All-Ireland champions winning in the Polo Grounds NY, very unlikely!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:34 pm

well,at least we had a bit of an improvement on last weeks performance.mackey is fast becoming a class forward,has been giving all of his markers a very tough time this season.we can play decent football when we want to.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next