GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland

+8
mossbags
Swinford2009
clash-of-da-ash
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
mid-mon man
GAA-Fan
RMDrive
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Empty Re: The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Sorry.... Embarassed

The 19th of September 1993?

Back to top Go down

The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Empty Re: The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland

Post  RMDrive Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:37 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:Sorry.... Embarassed

Ah listen Bright Oak. I understand the point you are making but if you look at Derry's overall record against Cork it reads 1 win, 1 draw and 5 losses (from GAAinfo). Anyway, based on this years results alone, Derry were beaten by Donegal who in turn were hammered by Cork. All the indications are that Cork would win confortably.

And if it's still annoying you, remember it's an imaginary competition. Rolling Eyes
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm

An imaginary competition that I am out off...

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:53 pm

RMDrive wrote:
Bright-Oak wrote:Sorry.... Embarassed

Ah listen Bright Oak. I understand the point you are making but if you look at Derry's overall record against Cork it reads 1 win, 1 draw and 5 losses (from GAAinfo). Anyway, based on this years results alone, Derry were beaten by Donegal who in turn were hammered by Cork. All the indications are that Cork would win confortably.

And if it's still annoying you, remember it's an imaginary competition. Rolling Eyes

Now explain Armagh....Something not right about the set up of this competition. bounce
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:37 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Oh yes, I will take great pleasure in putting Mossbags to the Loyal sword.

The most recent piece of form is the meeting between the sides in 2007 in Portlaoise where we annihalated them. And the funny thing is I didn't think Meath played that well that day. But even so we were just so dominant.

I'm sure Mossie will play the 2001 card and sure while he's at it why not go back to 1966 but the simple fact is Galway are a shadow of their former selves. They cannot be mentioned in the same breath as this Meath team. Cormac McGuinness would put Joyce in his pocket and Meehan would not feel the weight of the ball with Kevin Reilly marking him. I'd expect Seamus Kenny to pick up Nicky Joyce and snuff out that threat while Juicy O'Conner would be ideal for Matthew Clancy. Juicy is very attack minded and Clancy dragging him away from the goals would be ideal. Galway have nothing in the middle and defensively, well I shudder to think what the SS would do to some of the Galway backs.

The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Fighting0024
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:20 pm

Seeing as its an imaginary competition i'm am just after imaging that Wexford have overcome Tyrone, with Matty forde back from injury getting the winning point from 75 yards out - into the breeze.
Jason Ryan having been coxed back out of retiremnet leads the model county to another famous scalp.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:25 pm

JimWexford wrote:Seeing as its an imaginary competition i'm am just after imaging that Wexford have overcome Tyrone, with Matty forde back from injury getting the winning point from 75 yards out - into the breeze.
Jason Ryan having been coxed back out of retiremnet leads the model county to another famous scalp.

Jim considering its only two days since the hurling final and going by past history - i'd say your still pissed and just imagined that. Razz Razz Razz
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:18 pm

bocerty wrote:
JimWexford wrote:Seeing as its an imaginary competition i'm am just after imaging that Wexford have overcome Tyrone, with Matty forde back from injury getting the winning point from 75 yards out - into the breeze.

Jim considering its only two days since the hurling final and going by past history - i'd say your still pissed and just imagined that. The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Icon_razz The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Icon_razz The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Icon_razz

Now now Boc no need to get sentimental on me.
No off the beer since sunday as I'm in training for tonight a clash with clash.
But isn't that how one wins this competition by imagination, less of the blanket defense more expression there young Boc and you to will realise that with our laced strawberries and cream that's the only bowl (ye may be the red hand but we are using underhand tatics) ye'll be licking while we romp to victory by 1 point (That is us romping to victory if this year if to go by).
So RMD its decided Wexford by 1 point.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Jim it has just been confirmed that Mickey Harte has instructed the Tyrone County Board to launch an appeal concerning the result of the game. Tyrones appeal will centre around the fact that Matty Forde should not have been on the field to score the winning point. Minutes before his winning score Forde was booked for grabbing Ricey by the strawberries, it has since transpired that this was in fact Forde's second booking and he should have been dismissed.

RMD - result is pending
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:14 pm

bocerty wrote:Jim it has just been confirmed that Mickey Harte has instructed the Tyrone County Board to launch an appeal concerning the result of the game. Tyrones appeal will centre around the fact that Matty Forde should not have been on the field to score the winning point. Minutes before his winning score Forde was booked for grabbing Ricey by the strawberries, it has since transpired that this was in fact Forde's second booking and he should have been dismissed.

RMD - result is pending

do you boys always have to bring everything back to ccc and c
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:41 pm

There was a major panic ahead of the Dublin-Cork fixture when a swarm of insects were planted in the Dublin dressing room. It is suspected that a high ranking Cork official known only as FM was responsible for the placement of earwigs throughout the area - and specifically in Dublin players boots, socks and boxes. Alan Brogan's blue boots were particularly singled out. The Dublin players ran screaming from the dressing room area and many of them - in a reverse move from last Sunday - crashed through the gates onto the Hill and into the safety of the arms of their mothers. Mrs. Brogan was later given first aid having had 3 young lads clinging to her for 20 minutes.

The resulting delay in kick-off time displeased the Leesiders who told the ref they would now miss the 18.33 to Cork. They refused to field and left the Dubs on the pitch alone - uncontested. The ref threw in the ball and Wheelo soloed up the pitch and shot towards the open goal. There was a large gasp as the ball hit the crossbar - and then a huge sigh of relief as the ball sailed over the black spot.

Final score - Dublin 0-01; Cork 0-00.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:There was a major panic ahead of the Dublin-Cork fixture when a swarm of insects were planted in the Dublin dressing room. It is suspected that a high ranking Cork official known only as FM was responsible for the placement of earwigs throughout the area - and specifically in Dublin players boots, socks and boxes. Alan Brogan's blue boots were particularly singled out. The Dublin players ran screaming from the dressing room area and many of them - in a reverse move from last Sunday - crashed through the gates onto the Hill and into the safety of the arms of their mothers. Mrs. Brogan was later given first aid having had 3 young lads clinging to her for 20 minutes.

The resulting delay in kick-off time displeased the Leesiders who told the ref they would now miss the 18.33 to Cork. They refused to field and left the Dubs on the pitch alone - uncontested. The ref threw in the ball and Wheelo soloed up the pitch and shot towards the open goal. There was a large gasp as the ball hit the crossbar - and then a huge sigh of relief as the ball sailed over the black spot.

Final score - Dublin 0-01; Cork 0-00.

As the bold hitler stated where the "starled earwigs"
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:41 pm

The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Lol Good stuff folks. The competition is hotting up in this round!!!

Here's some of the early betting ....

Limerick

Leitrim
LEITRIM TO WIN CAUSE BOXTY IS A POET!

Cavan
Kerry
KERRY TO TRAVEL WELL AND OVERCOME CAVAN

Dublin
Cork
IN FRONT OF A PACKED CROKE PARK ... IT'S TOUGH TO CALL THIS ONE.

Donegal
Kildare
TO BE HONEST IT'S HARD TO IMAGINE ANYTHING BUT A KILDARE WIN IN THIS ONE. UNLESS I CAN CONVINCE MYSELF OTHERWISE!! WHICH MIGHTN'T BE THAT HARD TO DO!

Fermanagh
Monaghan
MONAGHAN TO WIN

Longford
Wicklow
LONGFORD TO EXPOSE WICKLOWS WEAKNESS AWAY FROM HOME

Meath
Galway
MEATH TO WIN

Wexford
Tyrone
TYRONE TO WIN. WHILST BOTH TEAMS MAY HAVE GONE BACK, TYRONE ARE STILL A CLASS ABOVE WEXFORD.

Last edited by RMDrive on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:42 pm

RMDrive wrote:The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Lol Good stuff folks. The competition is hotting up in this round!!!

Dublin
Cork

But the Cork lads are gone home I tell ya!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:45 pm

RMDrive wrote:The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Lol Good stuff folks. The competition is hotting up in this round!!!

Limerick

Leitrim

Cavan
Kerry

Dublin
Cork

Donegal
Kildare
TO BE HONEST IT'S HARD TO IMAGINE ANYTHING BUT A KILDARE WIN IN THIS ONE. UNLESS I CAN CONVINCE MYSELF OTHERWISE!! WHICH MIGHTN'T BE THAT HARD TO DO!

Fermanagh
Monaghan
MONAGHAN TO WIN

Longford
Wicklow

Meath
Galway
MEATH TO WIN

Wexford
Tyrone
TYRONE TO WIN. WHILST BOTH TEAMS MAY HAVE GONE BACK, TYRONE ARE STILL A CLASS ABOVE WEXFORD.

i bringing this to the imaginary CCCC (possibly the same as the real one if whjat you believe to be this ludicrist result overturned seen as I imagined wexford had won)
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:53 pm

JimWexford wrote:

Limerick

Leitrim

Cavan
Kerry

Dublin
Cork

Donegal
Kildare

Fermanagh
Monaghan
MONAGHAN TO WIN

Longford
Wicklow

Meath
Galway
MEATH TO WIN

Wexford
Tyrone

i bringing this to the imaginary CCCC (possibly the same as the real one if whjat you believe to be this ludicrist result overturned seen as I imagined wexford had won)

Your appeal has been upheld and the result is up for grabs again. The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:03 pm

We've just arrived at Shannon in advance of our clash with Limerick. Overnighting in Dromoland Castle.

Meeting with Gerald Hartman in the morning. All in good form in the camp, no injury worries. The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Icon_sunny
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:We've just arrived at Shannon in advance of our clash with Limerick. Overnighting in Dromoland Castle.

Meeting with Gerald Hartman in the morning. All in good form in the camp, no injury worries. The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Icon_sunny

Boxty - surely you must be on the verge of the panel at this stage? Leitrim need a good steady hand, a sharp brain, some experience and a man who can set the post match celebrations alight. Christy R played intercounty beyond your years ..... well nearly...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:57 pm

RMDrive wrote:
JimWexford wrote:

Limerick

Leitrim

Cavan
Kerry

Dublin
Cork

Donegal
Kildare

Fermanagh
Monaghan
MONAGHAN TO WIN

Longford
Wicklow

Meath
Galway
MEATH TO WIN

Wexford
Tyrone

Your appeal has been upheld and the result is up for grabs again. The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Feargal Logan is on the case Jim - Wexfords goose is cooked.............
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:02 am

bocerty wrote:
RMDrive wrote:
JimWexford wrote:

Limerick

Leitrim

Cavan
Kerry

Dublin
Cork

Donegal
Kildare

Fermanagh
Monaghan
MONAGHAN TO WIN

Longford
Wicklow

Meath
Galway
MEATH TO WIN

Wexford
Tyrone

Feargal Logan is on the case Jim - Wexfords goose is cooked.............

We are ok he knows Matty well - Ofaaly incident a few years ago!!!!!!!
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:[

Boxty - surely you must be on the verge of the panel at this stage? Leitrim need a good steady hand, a sharp brain, some experience and a man who can set the post match celebrations alight. Christy R played intercounty beyond your years ..... well nearly...

In conjunction with Management, a sort of "cameo" role is on the cards, given that Limerick are no great shakes.
Possibly a Canavanesque type roll, start and knock over a few, a bit of a breather for a couple of smokes and a reviving glass of something medicinal before returning to wrap it up. Fine gaff this Dromoland place....mentors, statisticians etc., finalising plans in the residents bar. The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 3 Drunken_smilie
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Wexford pull a fast one on Tyrone after Ricey and the boys are starting to feel the effects of the laced strawberries and cream we swap the football for a sliotar and substitute the ref with Dickie Murphy.
Micheal O Muircheartaigh just continues on commentating seamlessly leaving no one any the wiser.
All is going to plan until M. Harte give a certain B Coady a bell and after a magnificent comeback Tyrone fall short by 15 points, after Micky accepts a bowl of Strawberrries and Blaa's from Jason Ryan
Ricey after witnessing a hurling game where you a given a stick to "tackle" people instead of just "tackling" them with your own body thinks on a higher plane decides to go to the Himalaya's and join the Dalai lama (after shaving off the beard) not for solitude and rest but to discover more ways to "tackle" someone with the hurl.
He returns in 2010 and settles in KK denying Mick Kavanagh an 8th all -ireland medal on the field of play. Tipp and Cork both go on strike due to the fear of playing KK with there new corner back.

(we can get beaten in the next round just give us revenge for last year, we'll do anything, by hook or by crook we want to nail those redhand boys)

PS interest note the saying by hook or by crook has to do with Wexford.
Hook head is a peninsula in Wexford, Crook Head in Waterford when the Normans landed they want to take Waterford so the sayin by hooik or by Crook.

~History lesson for the day.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:07 pm

jim wex - what did we do that was so terrible last year

my view on the game would be that m harte would rediscover the form and matty forde in a blind panic at seeing ricey gormley et al again joins the hurlers leaving young lyng up fornt who also panics and heads over seas to try his hand at the auld ground ball again. tyrone sweep to victory with pat spillane in the studio gleaming at the excellent defensive play and fast moving forward play knocking all but one point from play and the point from a dead ball was a maurice fitzesque sideline from pascal mcconnell in the last minute when we were winning 3-14 to 0-11.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:10 pm

redhandman wrote:jim wex - what did we do that was so terrible last year

my view on the game would be that m harte would rediscover the form and matty forde in a blind panic at seeing ricey gormley et al again joins the hurlers leaving young lyng up fornt who also panics and heads over seas to try his hand at the auld ground ball again. tyrone sweep to victory with pat spillane in the studio gleaming at the excellent defensive play and fast moving forward play knocking all but one point from play and the point from a dead ball was a maurice fitzesque sideline from pascal mcconnell in the last minute when we were winning 3-14 to 0-11.
nothing but i "imagine" its the only way we'd beat ye lot.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunit Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:16 pm

In Cavans last two championship meetings with Tyrone our record is one draw and one loss. Kerry have lost both there previous two games against said opposition making us in theory better than Kerry and favourites for this tie. Home advantage should swing it.
Gunit
Gunit
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan
Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next