GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland

+8
mossbags
Swinford2009
clash-of-da-ash
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
mid-mon man
GAA-Fan
RMDrive
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:38 am

I suppose they will drag us up to Sligo for that match, shouldn't be as tight as last year and I'd expect Aoran Kernan to have a good game for Galway. Galway by 8 I'd say.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: The GAATipster Open-draw All Ireland

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:31 pm

In a dramatic stroke county chairman Gerry McGovern has "coaxed" me into the inner circle. We overnighted in Kilkea Castle near Castledermot in Kildare and all our troops are rarin' to go.
Terrible traffic chaos around Portlaoise we're told.
The warrior/former all star Mickey Quinn is a late addition to the squad...........I'm in tatters as we head off...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Well done to all counties. Some great games played today.

Roscommon
Meath
MEATH WIN

Mayo
Tyrone
TYRONE WIN

Limerick
Antrim
LIMERICK WIN (Hard to know about this one. Limerick are very up and down and Antrim have shown themselves to be a fine side. In light of Limericks good performance against Cork, I'm going to go with them)

Kildare
Westmeath
KILDARE WIN

Cavan
London
CAVAN WIN

Waterford
Fermanagh
FERMANAGH WIN

Sligo
Galway
GALWAY WIN (Sligo put in a few good performances but I have to believe that Galway would finally get the fingers out and actually compete for a change)

Monaghan
Carlow
MONAGHAN WIN

Down
Wicklow
WICKLOW WIN (Would they be able to win up North? Hard to know but you have to give them the nod given their performances this year)

Donegal
Clare
DONEGAL WIN

Wexford
Offaly
WEXFORD WIN

Derry
Cork
CORK WIN

Armagh
Dublin
DUBLIN WIN (Both teams are trying to build a decent side but Dublin have to be closer than Armagh)

Laois
Leitrim
LEITRIM WIN (Not just cause of Boxty. There's a Wicklow-like year in that Leitrim team yet)

Kerry
Tipperary
KERRY WIN

Longford
Louth
LONGFORD WIN
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:25 pm

The following teams enter round 2 with the draw taking place tomorrow. Very Happy

Meath
Tyrone
Limerick
Kildare
Cavan
Fermanagh
Galway
Monaghan
Wicklow
Donegal
Wexford
Cork
Dublin
Leitrim
Kerry
Longford
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:59 pm

RMDrive wrote:
Bright-Oak wrote:I believe Derry should walk this fixture...we don't even have any Cork Posters ffs!!

Not good enough Niamh. All the form says that Cork are going to win it unless BE or yourself can state why not.

20/9/1993 last meeting in the championship...google it

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:01 pm

I disagree with this, Derry beat Cork on last championship meeting..Derry have been a division 1 team since the leagues changed, and twice finalists in 2 years. Cork won a division 2 title and only were promoted to division 1 this year. This competition is a farce...notice Donegal got a handy draw...in Ballybofey too. Typical.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:13 pm

I think Derry should advance on account of having the prettier looking girls.

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Incredible scenes here in the West...RTE's Drivetime programme report gridlock from Tullaghan by the Atlantic to Rooskey by the Shannon as Leitrim folk wait to catch a glimspe of our heroes.
Boxty being a sort of selector/mentor/media guru is flying back West with the squad in a flotilla of helicopters kindly sponsored by that decent skin Sean Quinn M.D. of the Quinn group. As we overflew Mullingar I noticed a huge gathering at the Covert pub on the road west where a pig was roasting and those good Westmeath men Foster and Allen were regaling the masses.

Longford was on fire from Edgeworthstown through to Newtownforbes as bonfires raged against the darkening western skies where Gaels adorned in Clonguish, Drumlish and Slashers jerseys adulated at the passing cavalcade.I suspect Shinners had a hand in this outpouring of camaraderie.

But there is an emergency here. Porter stocks are low, to the effect that as Boxty Jnr. ferried homeward 2 poor bullocks from the mart in Mohill he was approached by a publican of note, who promptly bought the bullocks and trailer for 4k.He turfed out the beasts and tore on with the trailer, his view being that kegs were more important at the moment. (Boxty Snr. had visions for the bullocks -ie freezer)

I, as part of the management team, would like to pay thanks to all counties who supported us today, Longford, Sligo, Galway and foremost of all, our neighbours, Donegal. Could we replicate the Brian McEniffe experience?

The draw is crucial.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:15 pm

im just home from hols and aint been online since.how did Tyrone win? i know that no1 from tyrone/Mayo commented so far but if your going on history then Mayo have the winning of that game easy!

40 connaught titles- around 10 ulster titles
3all-irelands and countless runners up - 3 all-irelands and around 3 runners up
Mayo have beaten tyrone in 2 of the 3 championship meetings

history is on Mayo's side.its only in the last 5 years that Tyrone are coming out on top
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:11 am

Armagh's fall from grace confirmed with Cross' exit from C'ship!! Right RMD who is us Dubs playing in the last 16??

ps Vinnies knocked out of Dublin champo by Marys, Saggart today!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:13 am

Swinford2009 wrote:im just home from hols and aint been online since.how did Tyrone win? i know that no1 from tyrone/Mayo commented so far but if your going on history then Mayo have the winning of that game easy!

history is on Mayo's side.its only in the last 5 years that Tyrone are coming out on top

Poor mouth post there Swinny. History aside, this title is up for persuaion and 'tis up to those who beggar best...

BTW: I really appreciated the Mayo support (Knockmore, the Mullets and the Mitchell's) as we came back West this evening having overcome Laois in the V group round 1
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:22 am

Methinks Boxty is taking this fantasy c'ship too seriously RMD. I am convinced the man drove to Laois today - I passed a 01LM car today near the Curragh with green and gold flags flying and a lucky mascot sheep in the back!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:54 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Methinks Boxty is taking this fantasy c'ship too seriously RMD. I am convinced the man drove to Laois today - I passed a 01LM car today near the Curragh with green and gold flags flying and a lucky mascot sheep in the back!

A poor obsrvation Jayo for all your solid views,,,,we're travelling by air (Quinn/Air) for away matches "hensforth" *

Sean likes us to travel in comfort....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:04 am

Swinford2009 wrote:im just home from hols and aint been online since.how did Tyrone win? i know that no1 from tyrone/Mayo commented so far but if your going on history then Mayo have the winning of that game easy!

I feel your pain, Armagh get eliminated although they have done a lot more than Dublin this past decade and have beaten Dublin in every championship match for the last few meetings. There is definitely something fishy here Swinny!
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:55 am

Hopefully we get the dream final of Meath versus Derry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:00 am

**** off RMD, Derry should go through imo. Division One side against Division Two side, the only thing Cork might win is having more red in their jerseys. Other than that, Doire are a class apart. I am leaving the competition if the Oaks are knocked out, clearly a biased selection by you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:01 am

Bright-Oak wrote:I disagree with this, Derry beat Cork on last championship meeting..Derry have been a division 1 team since the leagues changed, and twice finalists in 2 years. Cork won a division 2 title and only were promoted to division 1 this year. This competition is a farce...notice Donegal got a handy draw...in Ballybofey too. Typical.

The man hasn't a clue Oaksy.

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:23 am

In the midst of a media frenzy the draw has just been made

Limerick
Leitrim

Cavan
Kerry

Dublin
Cork

Donegal
Kildare

Fermanagh
Monaghan

Longford
Wicklow

Meath
Galway

Wexford
Tyrone
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:32 am

Oh yes, I will take great pleasure in putting Mossbags to the Loyal sword.

The most recent piece of form is the meeting between the sides in 2007 in Portlaoise where we annihalated them. And the funny thing is I didn't think Meath played that well that day. But even so we were just so dominant.

I'm sure Mossie will play the 2001 card and sure while he's at it why not go back to 1966 but the simple fact is Galway are a shadow of their former selves. They cannot be mentioned in the same breath as this Meath team. Cormac McGuinness would put Joyce in his pocket and Meehan would not feel the weight of the ball with Kevin Reilly marking him. I'd expect Seamus Kenny to pick up Nicky Joyce and snuff out that threat while Juicy O'Conner would be ideal for Matthew Clancy. Juicy is very attack minded and Clancy dragging him away from the goals would be ideal. Galway have nothing in the middle and defensively, well I shudder to think what the SS would do to some of the Galway backs.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:29 pm

Excellent, a local derby! A chance to avenge our defeat by the Erne men last year.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:08 pm

I refuse to acknowledge this competition, it is an absolute farce.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:14 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:I refuse to acknowledge this competition, it is an absolute farce.

What do you expect Oaksy? I started a thread this evening, two seconds later, RMD deletes it. Derry would beat Cork any day of the week in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Bright-Oak wrote:I refuse to acknowledge this competition, it is an absolute farce.

What do you expect Oaksy? I started a thread this evening, two seconds later, RMD deletes it. Derry would beat Cork any day of the week in my opinion.

Perhaps on April 1st, not sure about any other day.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:19 pm

mid-mon man wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

What about 23rd of September 1993?

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:
mid-mon man wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

What about 23rd of September 1993?

It was a Thursday. What about it? Very Happy
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next