GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prices 2012

+3
North Side Gael
bald eagle
Parouisa
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Prices 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prices 2012

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:24 pm

North Side Gael wrote:Puke totally diverted away from a very valid point modern inter county gaa has followers beyond the club and they dont go to matches in 20s and 30s they go in ones and twos, im well aware of what your posting here but 30 euro is an awful lot for someone unable to find work.

Not disputing that, but the GAA shouldn't be held accountable for the fact that people are out of work and may not have the disposable income to attend games. The price for tickets is not excessive when compared to other sports and activities that it is competing with for market share
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:27 pm

The Puke wrote:Not disputing that, but the GAA shouldn't be held accountable for the fact that people are out of work and may not have the disposable income to attend games.

Probably one of the most nonsensical posts ever. Truly.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:30 pm

The Puke wrote:
Not disputing that, but the GAA shouldn't be held accountable for the fact that people are out of work and may not have the disposable income to attend games. The price for tickets is not excessive when compared to other sports and activities that it is competing with for market share

Sometimes half a loaf is better than no bread at all!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:17 pm

The Puke wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:Puke totally diverted away from a very valid point modern inter county gaa has followers beyond the club and they dont go to matches in 20s and 30s they go in ones and twos, im well aware of what your posting here but 30 euro is an awful lot for someone unable to find work.

Thats the normal aul county board nonsense rhetoric, because you cant think of anything else.

If the gaa is so like other posts why does croke not have a seating plan, why pay the same price for front row as back row of top tier? As in other sports and all that!

Your full of nonsense without any real answers, trying to justify a price because its easier for the gaa to charge big for those who do have it rather than charge small so every one has it!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 pm

bald eagle wrote:
The Puke wrote:

Sometimes half a loaf is better than no bread at all!

Great way to put it!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:34 pm

North Side Gael wrote:
The Puke wrote:

Thats the normal aul county board nonsense rhetoric, because you cant think of anything else.

If the gaa is so like other posts why does croke not have a seating plan, why pay the same price for front row as back row of top tier? As in other sports and all that!

Your full of nonsense without any real answers, trying to justify a price because its easier for the gaa to charge big for those who do have it rather than charge small so every one has it!

A stand ticket for Thomond Park or Ravenhill for a Heineken Cup match is the same price regardless of location. Again the cheapest ticket for the Ireland v Germany match in September is 30 euro for a schoolboy and the only ones available on ticketmaster are going for a tonne a piece on the upper tier behind one of the goals. Again you are all complaining it is a rip off to charge 30 euro for a double header, when it simply isn't. Ye also seem to think that the GAA should be obliged to think of its less fortunate members and despite the fact that it offers discounted tickets to clubs (at the price you maintain they should be available for, and ye still haven't given them any credit for) yet still think they are ripping people off. While I appreciate that some people may not be able to make the trip due to the cost it shouldn't be a case that the GAA slashes its price for the sake of it. As I already said it isn't the cost of tickets that is keeping people away, it is as much to do with apathy and the gap between competing teams

For all this talk that it is a rip off nobody has given a rational explaination as to why it is a rip off. Again I have given numerous examples as to other events which the Gaa is competing with crowds and market share for and it is very competitively priced. Just because it might cost a father and his two over 16 sons 90 euro to attend that doesn't mean it is a rip off, it was cost him a lot more to go to other sporting events in this country.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Rolling Eyes
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Parouisa wrote: Rolling Eyes

"I have contacts at the HIGHEST level who know nothing about it"

fool Razz
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Its ridiculous, nonsensical and irrelevant to compare professional sports to the GAA in terms of pricing etc.

And surely if the GAA wants to get its market share then they should make their 'product' much more attractive than others. They have the opportunity to do this by reducing prices making the experience of attending games available to a much wider audience than other sports.

Ironically one of your pillar arguments is probably one of the best arguments for reducing prices.

Again you are a great man for throwing insults and names around a website but as I have said before if you ever want to hook up and throw them in person just name the day. Mind you if I was building an idiot you would be the blueprint. Very Happy
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Parouisa wrote: Rolling Eyes

I never said it was a rip off, i merely said the amount of gaa members up and down ireland paying membership fees while on the brew should be entitle to some compensation to go to a match without 20 other club members!

You sound like David Cameron ffs!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Parouisa wrote:Its ridiculous, nonsensical and irrelevant to compare professional sports to the GAA in terms of pricing etc.

What should it be compared against for to determine a pricing model so?. Again you are calling for reduced prices to expand it to a wider audience, do you honestly believe than shaving 10 euro off the price of the Leinster semi final is going to do that in all seriousness? While we can argue this til the cows come home 30 euro is not too big a price to pay to see see two intercounty matches and spend the bones of 5 hours in Croke Park.

What exactly is this wider audience that you refer? I think the vast majority of this Island are cognisant of the GAA as it is.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Petrol
Parking
Toll fees
Food
Beers,hotel for later stages if applicable
Visa from mrs. Omar
Damage to credit card that mrs.omar will do as revenge for above.

If all above hurdles have been cleared - to be honest it won,t come down to the ten euro difference.

I agree your point reference the kids tickets. Why not give them the middle of the upper deck. But i don,t think the price is out of line for a stand tkt for a double header.
In fact reckon the dubs get a better deal out of it. Fair chance the neutral game will be competitive. Same can,t be said for someone travelling from nobber.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:07 am

OMAR wrote:Petrol
Parking
Toll fees
Food
Beers,hotel for later stages if applicable
Visa from mrs. Omar
Damage to credit card that mrs.omar will do as revenge for above.

If all above hurdles have been cleared - to be honest it won,t come down to the ten euro difference.

I agree your point reference the kids tickets. Why not give them the middle of the upper deck. But i don,t think the price is out of line for a stand tkt for a double header.
In fact reckon the dubs get a better deal out of it. Fair chance the neutral game will be competitive. Same can,t be said for someone travelling from nobber.

Why would i listen to someone who can afford to go off to Poland for a week long Euros session? When you are filthy rich like OMAR, even 60euro for the double header tickets would be cheap!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Flights to Berlin €150
Share of camper van hire and campsite fees €150
Two tkts €100
Food and drink are essentials you have to buy anyway

It's hardly the Sandy Lane.

As for filthy rich. Only two types of rich people left in this country.
Tribunal lawyers and well pensioned, unmortgaged, retired landed gentry types like boxty.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:16 pm

OMAR wrote:Tribunal lawyers and well pensioned, unmortgaged, retired landed gentry types like boxty.

For a smart man, admittedly posting tongue in cheek, the wealthy man of today is any man/woman in anywhere advancing years in the fullness of health.
Younger folk may laugh, but when you look around at the terribly debilitating ailments affecting so many, the old adage couldn't be truer.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
OMAR wrote:Tribunal lawyers and well pensioned, unmortgaged, retired landed gentry types like boxty.

For a smart man, admittedly posting tongue in cheek, the wealthy man of today is any man/woman in anywhere advancing years in the fullness of health.
Younger folk may laugh, but when you look around at the terribly debilitating ailments affecting so many, the old adage couldn't be truer.

I responded to the post which used the term filthy rich - his term not mine
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 pm

can i just add the middle class are being wiped out,so all will be peasants soon enough again
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:40 pm

patsymc wrote:can i just add the middle class are being wiped out,so all will be peasants soon enough again

Naw Patsy. The peasants have always been here, we know their place in the ladder of things, hence our status remains.
Peasants maybe, but un-encumbered, in good standing and living as happily as ever....

The thing with peasants is that we know our origins, our history and therefore our future....

Anyone for JJS special....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:49 pm

Looks more like the second coming of Jayo was right, the craic is not as good here as it was. Another sabatical looking an option here.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:59 pm

bald eagle wrote:Looks more like the second coming of Jayo was right, the craic is not as good here as it was. Another sabatical looking an option here.

In a squad of 20, I find this comment harsh in the extreme. Even those, who, to their teams, have by times been deemed invaluable, have hit troughs. Such is the nature of sport and commenting on it.

Mario Ballotelli anyone......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down