GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reduced prices

4 posters

Go down

Reduced prices Empty Reduced prices

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:12 pm

We must give credit where it's due. A good move by the GAA and it's sure to keep the supporters on good terms with the powers. Well done to those who took this decision.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Reduced prices Empty Re: Reduced prices

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:We must give credit where it's due. A good move by the GAA and it's sure to keep the supporters on good terms with the powers. Well done to those who took this decision.

A nice gesture, but the ideal scenario is to do away with the replay. I felt that, after a fabulous game, there was such a sense of anti-climax at the end of yesterday's tussle. Such a great battle deserved a winner. In my opinion, the champions should be decided on the intended AI final day, and extra time should be introduced for both finals.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:12 am

Disagree TC - would much prefer to see a replay.

On the subject of prices, tickets etc I was talking to a few people who were on the Hill for the Mayo game and they said it was fuller than they could remember with nearly all the aisles taken up with spectators. I watched TV closely on Sunday and you could see that the aisles and passageways were full of fans again.

Why is this happening? Are they printing more tickets for the Hill than is safe?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:36 pm

I agree that there was quite an anti-climax but the beauty of the replay is that you get it all over again - there is another countdown to match day, more expectation, more analysis, another potentially great game to be excited about.

It brings out the romanticism in sport. I like that.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:41 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:... another potentially great game to be excited about.

Or a potential dud, that one side wins by 8 points and also ends in silence.

I know what you are Par are saying, but I just feel that a great battle should have a result, not a replay. Each to their own, though, and at least the reduced ticket prices are a nice gesture.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:10 pm

I would be wary of another replay and another and another ... the scars of '91 remain ... Crying or Very sad
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down