GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAA Ticket Prices

+3
Jayo Cluxton
hurlingguru
clash-of-da-ash
7 posters

Go down

GAA Ticket Prices Empty GAA Ticket Prices

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:25 am

Anybody else find them a bit steep, €35 for 2 senior matches, one of which I'm not really bothered about and a minor match. They have a habit of having these double headers so they can hike up the prices. I can see maybe 30k max the next day in Croke Prak and then the suits will be scratching their heads wondering why there is such a poor turnout.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

GAA Ticket Prices Empty Re: GAA Ticket Prices

Post  hurlingguru Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:30 am

It's better value than at the Leinster final.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:39 am

Yep Clash - they will justify by saying its a double header but a lot of people won't bother with the two. Also the family tickets (still €5 for kids?) are usually in the worst spots and down near the front - which you don't need when it rains - which is often. Prices have definitely been a factor with the Dubs downturn and its very likely at this stage that the only two full houses will be the Finals. They are gonna have to look at this because they are losing millions this year and there is no more rugby or soccer revenue coming either.

On the flipside you could leave €35 in Quinn's in two hours handy enough - or double that if the other half is with you! GAA Ticket Prices Icon_biggrin
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Yep Clash - they will justify by saying its a double header but a lot of people won't bother with the two. Also the family tickets (still €5 for kids?) are usually in the worst spots and down near the front - which you don't need when it rains - which is often. Prices have definitely been a factor with the Dubs downturn and its very likely at this stage that the only two full houses will be the Finals. They are gonna have to look at this because they are losing millions this year and there is no more rugby or soccer revenue coming either.

On the flipside you could leave €35 in Quinn's in two hours handy enough - or double that if the other half is with you! GAA Ticket Prices Icon_biggrin

Strangely enough my combined spend when the other half is with me tends to be less than the damage that can be inflicted when one is given a free reign.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:15 pm

OMAR wrote:
Strangely enough my combined spend when the other half is with me tends to be less than the damage that can be inflicted when one is given a free reign.

Could you express that in a mathematical equation where peace with the wife = 0?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:30 pm

OMAR wrote:Strangely enough my combined spend when the other half is with me tends to be less than the damage that can be inflicted when one is given a free reign.
GAA Ticket Prices Icon072 ............................... GAA Ticket Prices Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:50 pm

GAA have lauched an offer now for tickets seems a reasonable enough offer - they are starting to feel the pinch by the look of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:44 pm

bocerty wrote:GAA have lauched an offer now for tickets seems a reasonable enough offer - they are starting to feel the pinch by the look of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

AA Quarter & Semi Combo
Purchase tickets for one quarter final and the corresponding semi final in one code together
€65 per person
Includes a quarter final and semi final combination (based upon draw)
Seat in 308 (Cusack Lower) or 708 (Cusack Upper) in Croke Park

yes great deal if your are from Cork, kerry, Tyrone and Kildare
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Too little - far too late. I love the 'menu'. 'Heaven and Feast' packages - who TF thought that one up? Sounds like an outing for a group of people trying to escape from Weight Watchers!

Then ('for the confident county fan' - in other words the Tyrone lads GAA Ticket Prices Icon_biggrin - no actually then it would read over-confident GAA Ticket Prices Icon_lol ) there is the ... wait for it GAA Quarter & Semi Combo!! Did ye ever hear the like. Somebody who used to work in McDonalds marketing department has obviously got themselves a job in HQ!

I can just picture myself on Dorset St "Can I have a GAA Quarter & Semi Combo please?"

"Yes sir - would you like fries with that? What drink would you like? Would you like anything from our eurosaver menu? (sponsored by Brendan Cummins obviously). Would you like it to go? Any sauce? Have a nice day!"

Or maybe the GAA Quarter & Semi Combo is a not too subtle kick at the Dubs! You go up and ask for one and next thing all the staff are rolling around behind the counter - in stitches! 'Did he say quarter AND semi tickets - and him a Dub - ho! ho! ho!!"

And the rest of the fans? Oh yes Mr Fan you can have a GAA Quarter & Semi Combo but you can **** right off if you think you are getting a ticket for the final should your team get there!

Heaven and Feast packages. Heaven indeed! I have sat in Croker many times in the last few seasons getting drowned like a wet rat - just my idea of heaven alright. And watched my beloved Blues take the odd hiding too GAA Ticket Prices Icon_redface - really my idea of heaven.

"Hey St Peter, great to be here after all that purgatorial penance. What are we up to today?". "Well Jason I thought we might take a trip up to the GAA Elysian Fields there and have a look at Dublin getting torn apart by 15 points."

And what's a Feast package? Do they keep gorging you with food as you sit in your seat? 'C'mon sir have another hot dog - you have only eaten 12 so far. Burger? Chips? Get it into you - grease is good for the soul. Here have some more polyunsaturates, lets get that cholesterol count up to record levels. Fit fans me ****!'

Can't say I am enamoured with this ticket package terminology at all. Call it like it is I say! Use a bit of imagination - spice up the ticket sales!

For Kerry fans, the Stud Package - for those who always seem to deliver the goods and ultimately get their hands on the cups!

For Tyrone there is the Gatecrasher Package - for those who have just arrived at the party uninvited and think they are the best thing that ever lived.

For Rocommon there is the Celibate package - always looking to get to the party but rarely get to come.

For Cork we have the Rampant Rabbit package - always create a deadly buzz but are never quite the real thing.

For Meath fans we have the Condom package - always safe when you have members who would throw it into anything.

For Down fans we have the Wonderbra package - for those with lots of support but no cups!

For Kildare we have the Virgin package - just the thing for Lily whites who are looking to win but will invariable end up losing it!

For Dubs fans there is the Dominatrix package - you are guaranteed to get a good spanking and won't feel like sitting in Croker again for a long time!

Sell outs guaranteed!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:14 pm

The marketing could have been a bit better JC - in fact they should have got you on board to assist with the 'wording'.

But you have to admit it is a decent idea - granted it offers feck all in terms of a ticket for the final bu then that is unlikely to change.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down