GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAA Season Ticket

+6
mossbags
bocerty
redhandman
Boxtyeater
KerryKatriona
JimWexford
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GAA Season Ticket Empty GAA Season Ticket

Post  Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:15 pm

I want to get 3 of these, but can ya get that many for the same household? Ya can only get 2 it seems from the website when ya try and buy them.

Also, Am I guaranteed a seat in Lower Cusack for say the Quarter-final, Semi-Final and more than likely an All-Ireland final for Mayo? Wink

Thanks!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

GAA Season Ticket Empty Re: GAA Season Ticket

Post  JimWexford Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:16 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:I want to get 3 of these, but can ya get that many for the same household? Ya can only get 2 it seems from the website when ya try and buy them.

Also, Am I guaranteed a seat in Lower Cusack for say the Quarter-final, Semi-Final and more than likely an All-Ireland final for Mayo? Wink

Thanks!

Very Happy
yes you can
No
No
No
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:23 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:I want to get 3 of these, but can ya get that many for the same household? Ya can only get 2 it seems from the website when ya try and buy them.

They have restricted them to two per household because Irish GAA families are notoriously small in terms of numbers. Also more so now that the Childrens Allowancw is cut.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:25 pm

I want to get 3 Season Tickets(Mayo) but would I be able to get this amount for the one household?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:36 pm

And just another quick Q.

I'm buying it now, will I get them before Galway V Mayo on 6th Feb?

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:39 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:And just another quick Q.

Answer to both should be yes.
Rem there is a limited supply of these season tickets to the best of my knowledge only Dublin, Tyrone are sold out and the 4 for Leitrim are gone as well.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:45 pm

JimWexford wrote:

Rem there is a limited supply of these season tickets to the best of my knowledge only Dublin, Tyrone are sold out and the 4 for Leitrim are gone as well.

Are there any left for Mayo?

And Jim, is it a bit late getting them? Will this mean we don't get the best seats?

Ya see, it's a birthday present for someone so this is why I haven't bought them before now.

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:48 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
JimWexford wrote:

And Jim, is it a bit late getting them? Will this mean we don't get the best seats?

Ya see, it's a birthday present for someone so this is why I haven't bought them before now.
you don't get a seat per say Ess.
If you have a ticket you are entitled to access to the stand of the ground you county are playing against.
For more info contact your county board or croker but I can't see any issue with you getting them
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:50 pm

JimWexford wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
JimWexford wrote:

you don't get a seat per say Ess.
If you have a ticket you are entitled to access to the stand of the ground you county are playing against.
For more info contact your county board or croker but I can't see any issue with you getting them

Thanks Jim! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:57 pm

This is the last Q Jim, I promise! Embarassed

If I'm to qualify for tickets to the All-Ireland final, if Mayo were to get there, I have to attend i think, 7 of their games, which isn't many. But does that only include NFL games, or could that include Championship games as well as the quarter and semi-final?

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 am

EstherMayo1951 wrote:This is the last Q Jim, I promise! Embarassed

If I'm to qualify for tickets to the All-Ireland final, if Mayo were to get there, I have to attend i think, 7 of their games, which isn't many. But does that only include NFL games, or could that include Championship games as well as the quarter and semi-final?

Very Happy
National league games.
All you have to do if you can't make it is give the ticket to someone else and once the stub is in the system you qualify.
Please note I not to sure if they qualify you for AI tickets.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:16 am

JimWexford wrote:

Rem there is a limited supply of these season tickets to the best of my knowledge only Dublin, Tyrone are sold out and the 4,000 for Leitrim are gone as well.

Fixed that there for you Jim.... GAA Season Ticket Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:15 am

JimWexford wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:This is the last Q Jim, I promise! GAA Season Ticket Icon_redface

GAA Season Ticket Icon_biggrin
National league games.
All you have to do if you can't make it is give the ticket to someone else and once the stub is in the system you qualify.

as long as you attend 60% of the games you are entitled to the next ticket. so 5 games attended ( 4home league games plus first round championship ) gets you ticket for next match and you are guaranteed the offer of a ticket for the final.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:30 am

redhandman wrote:
JimWexford wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:This is the last Q Jim, I promise! GAA Season Ticket Icon_redface

GAA Season Ticket Icon_biggrin
National league games.

as long as you attend 60% of the games you are entitled to the next ticket. so 5 games attended ( 4home league games plus first round championship ) gets you ticket for next match and you are guaranteed the offer of a ticket for the final.

dont think thats right - i think your name is put into a hat for a draw for tickets to the final if your team qualifies for it.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am

boc i am pretty sure you are offered a final ticket as its less than 1000 tickets per county and they are going to people who have put their money into the gaa coffers from feb to september. also would people be so keen to pay €75 upfront if they werent gonna get a ticket to the final ? i know men who only help out at gaa clubs because they think it qualifies them for a ticket for the final.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:38 am

redhandman wrote:boc i am pretty sure you are offered a final ticket as its less than 1000 tickets per county and they are going to people who have put their money into the gaa coffers from feb to september. also would people be so keen to pay €75 upfront if they werent gonna get a ticket to the final ? i know men who only help out at gaa clubs because they think it qualifies them for a ticket for the final.

And rightly so if the work - for whatever reasons- the deserve the ticket.
I was my club's sec for over 10 years and all bar 2 of those years I gave up the ticket to those who sponsored us or worked in the club.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:22 pm

yeah jim but on some occassions they think that well there was one saturday i went down to help with u10's or whatever so you's owe me a ticket for the final yet there may be fellas who are playing adult football, managing youth teams, sitting on the committee, selling tickets and attending every function going yet dont kick up the same fuss. they do it for the love of their club. im not havinga go a people who sponsor teams or whatever but it gets my goat that some people turn up and think they are owed a ticket for one act they carried out in the clubs behalf.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:36 pm

redhandman wrote:yeah jim but on some occassions they think that well there was one saturday i went down to help with u10's or whatever so you's owe me a ticket for the final yet there may be fellas who are playing adult football, managing youth teams, sitting on the committee, selling tickets and attending every function going yet dont kick up the same fuss. they do it for the love of their club. im not havinga go a people who sponsor teams or whatever but it gets my goat that some people turn up and think they are owed a ticket for one act they carried out in the clubs behalf.

Lads playing don't deserve a ticket because they are getting the max a club has to offer a chance to play the game the club owes them nothing they owe the club for giving them that chance. Those in bold i agree with should get the tickets that incident you highlighted is an arsehole who deserves a kick in the balls and told where to go.
had to deal one a n ass like that a few years ago and that is more or less what I did in a room full of people, i just cut the ground from underneath him, case closed.

don't mean to be nit picking here but what in the name of jaysus are youth teams to quote boxty we ain't soccorballs people here. Minor teams or underage i my mind would be the correct term.
A grumpy and very wet but not to cold wexfordian
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:46 pm

JimWexford wrote:
redhandman wrote:yeah jim but on some occassions they think that well there was one saturday i went down to help with u10's or whatever so you's owe me a ticket for the final yet there may be fellas who are playing adult football, managing youth teams, sitting on the committee, selling tickets and attending every function going yet dont kick up the same fuss. they do it for the love of their club. im not havinga go a people who sponsor teams or whatever but it gets my goat that some people turn up and think they are owed a ticket for one act they carried out in the clubs behalf.

Lads playing don't deserve a ticket because they are getting the max a club has to offer a chance to play the game the club owes them nothing they owe the club for giving them that chance. Those in bold i agree with should get the tickets that incident you highlighted is an arsehole who deserves a kick in the balls and told where to go.
had to deal one a n ass like that a few years ago and that is more or less what I did in a room full of people, i just cut the ground from underneath him, case closed.

don't mean to be nit picking here but what in the name of jaysus are youth teams to quote boxty we ain't soccorballs people here. Minor teams or underage i my mind would be the correct term.
A grumpy and very wet but not to cold wexfordian

youth - well i couldnt be bothered to type u10's u12's etc (which is what i was going to do!) most of our senior reserve players would do there fair share round the club with relation to a cleaning rota and helping out with being a taxi service for young fellas to underage games and all buy their lotto tickets every week as well as joinin the club grand draw (£20 p/month or £200 up front)

we have a few assholes who think they deserve a ticket no matter what and would be insistent on gettin the best ones at that too! some actually left our club over this matter and not many were too sad to see them go!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:40 pm

I think I'll just ring Croke Park-but thanks anyway! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:50 pm

JimWexford wrote:[A grumpy and very wet but not to cold wexfordian

I think you'll find the apprpiate term here is Wexican, Jimbo GAA Season Ticket Icon_study
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:22 pm

mossbags wrote:
JimWexford wrote:[A grumpy and very wet but not to cold wexfordian

I think you'll find the apprpiate term here is Wexican, Jimbo GAA Season Ticket Icon_study

Mossbags "knows the score" on this one. The oft-used phrase "portly Wexican" has a nice ring to it.... GAA Season Ticket Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:59 am

EstherMayo1951 wrote:I think I'll just ring Croke Park-but thanks anyway! Very Happy

i think RHM is right Essie - my post about the draw applies to people whose own county dont make the final, they are put into a draw for the tickets.

If you have a season ticket and have attended the games then you are guaranteed one for the final.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:12 pm

I always manage to get tickets for the final even when I haven't been to a game that season.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:15 pm

KerryKatriona wrote:I always manage to get tickets for the final even when I haven't been to a game that season.

well you are from Kerry is that not the norm.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next