GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prices 2012

+3
North Side Gael
bald eagle
Parouisa
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Prices 2012 Empty Prices 2012

Post  Parouisa Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Tickets for Sunday are €30. Sources tell me that they don't expect the Upper Decks to be open. Granted it is 2 Leinster semis but is it not a bit expensive? A lot of fans will only go to see their own team after all.

If they pitched it cheaper (€20) would they not have nearly filled the place? Economies of scale and all that. Also if you are bringing a kid the €5 tickets are always in a crappy place at either end of the stands or in the Davin. Its like they won't 'waste' central tickets on kids.

Any obs anyone?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Prices 2012 Empty Re: Prices 2012

Post  bald eagle Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:04 pm

It always surprises me that they don't do exactly that for games, surely it would be better to fill the place at slightly reduced ticket prices than have it half empty for full price.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:12 am

Yeah its clearly the same old fools in croke park who if you say anything will say back youd pay for plane tickets and match tickets for the euros! No sense at all. Said before about national league as well other than croke park games it should be 5 pound in everywhere as at least you will get a crowd.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:18 am

North Side Gael wrote:Said before about national league as well other than croke park games it should be 5 pound in everywhere as at least you will get a crowd.

affraid They the lads with the queen's head on them?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:43 am

Parouisa wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:Said before about national league as well other than croke park games it should be 5 pound in everywhere as at least you will get a crowd.

affraid They the lads with the queen's head on them?

No do we not still have the big silver with the grey hound? oh why we sold that too!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:51 am

I don't think dropping the price of tickets by a tenner is going to magically fill the stadium. The fact is that going to matches is an expensive day out and 10 euro isn't going to make a huge difference in the numbers. i don't think 30 euro is a huge price to pay for a double header either especially when compared with the pricing model used by other sports
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:02 am

I feel it would help quite a bit when it comes to it, granted the running costs of the stadium have to be covered but reducing the ticket prices to fill the ground would help. It's all about how it is marketed, the GAA have said themselves that they need to reach a wider audience, what better way than to reduce the price of tickets? Surely if this wasn't an option then the introduction of family passes for these games would be a step forward, 50yoyos for 2 adults and 2 children under 16 (not sure if this is done already)

Thing is, while 30yoyos may not be a lot to pay for some, there are those watching the money carefully and the GAA needs to become affordable again, especially if they want people to attend matches rather than watch them in the comfort of their own home with a few Dutch Gold (Par).

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:07 am

bald eagle wrote:I feel it would help quite a bit when it comes to it, granted the running costs of the stadium have to be covered but reducing the ticket prices to fill the ground would help. It's all about how it is marketed, the GAA have said themselves that they need to reach a wider audience, what better way than to reduce the price of tickets? Surely if this wasn't an option then the introduction of family passes for these games would be a step forward, 50yoyos for 2 adults and 2 children under 16 (not sure if this is done already)

Thing is, while 30yoyos may not be a lot to pay for some, there are those watching the money carefully and the GAA needs to become affordable again, especially if they want people to attend matches rather than watch them in the comfort of their own home with a few Dutch Gold (Par).

Ive said many times dropping prices and proper marketting would sell out far more games in the summer.

Puke while i partly agree, we dont have marketing like other sports so i still think dropping prices is the best way to do so and let it spread by word of mouth.

Perfect example unless your a gaa fan in antrim you would not know we were playing in two games this weekend, yet if its harlequinns rugby club we see tv adverts radio adverts ticket giveaways on local radio, yet with gaa - nothing unless you watch sunday game.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:11 am

Nobody said it would fill the stadium but €30 in the current climate for a provincial semi final is steep - no getting away from that. And if you are bringing a missus and a kid over 16 then it makes a huge difference - more than a tenner.

I don't think see what the pricing model used by other sports has much to do with it either. This is about trying to promote gaelic games and get people into stadiums - not look at soccer and rugby and say 'well they charge X amount too' ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:20 am

It is a double header, a stand alone game would be 25 euro a pop. 30 is not too much to ask for the bones of 5 hours live sport. In comparision to anything else on the market it is value and that is how tickets are priced in the real world and not on twee sentiment, the Gaa and Leinster councils are businesses at the end of the day and they will make the decision that makes the most financial sense. It is easy talk about promoting games, but these games are the money spinners for the Leinster council and getting the best financial return in order to have more money available to pump into the grass roots is far more important than attracting on a few thousand fair weather fans who's decision on attending the game is affected by a tenner

For arguements sake 40,000 attend this weekand and 30,000 of them pay the full 30 euro to get in. If ticket prices were dropped to 20 euro then you need 45,000 people to pay full whack to make up for the shortfall. If anyone thinks that a tenner a ticket is going to attract another 15k (excluding concessions) through the gates they simply aren't living in the real world
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:25 am

But if you get them in then they will buy more, they'll buy more programs, food, drink etc. Merchandise profits would go up, so while the gate money may be the same, it looks better that the ground is full first of, and secondly, you will sell more when the punters get in the ground.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:33 am

bald eagle wrote:But if you get them in then they will buy more, they'll buy more programs, food, drink etc. Merchandise profits would go up, so while the gate money may be the same, it looks better that the ground is full first of, and secondly, you will sell more when the punters get in the ground.

Do you not think this is taken into account?

The fact is the price is fair but people will always say that because the ground isn't full that more should be done to attract people, the fact is that the Irish by nature are bangwagoners and when teams are doing well we will all go in our droves to follow them and when they are struggling the numbers will drop. I can guarentee you there are plenty of Dublin and Kildare fans who will give this weekend a skip as they will feel there are bigger days ahead this summer while there will be Wexford and Meath fans who won't be too pushed due to the average showings of their sides in the championship thus far. But you can be guarenteed that if Meath were to win they will bring far far more fans to the Leinster final. That is just the way it is. The same way there will be around 30k at the Leinster hurling final the week after, and you can lower ticket prices all you want and market it all you want but neither set of fans will be hugely pushed, the Irish mentality is what it is.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:37 am

The Puke wrote:It is a double header, a stand alone game would be 25 euro a pop. 30 is not too much to ask for the bones of 5 hours live sport. In comparision to anything else on the market it is value and that is how tickets are priced in the real world and not on twee sentiment, the Gaa and Leinster councils are businesses at the end of the day and they will make the decision that makes the most financial sense. It is easy talk about promoting games, but these games are the money spinners for the Leinster council and getting the best financial return in order to have more money available to pump into the grass roots is far more important than attracting on a few thousand fair weather fans who's decision on attending the game is affected by a tenner

Fair weather fans or simply making it affordable to fans who cannot afford an extra tenner or twenty? And there are many out there. Very flippant attitude to people here considering the economic climate. I would argue that the fact that its a double header affords the GAA the chance to drop prices as obviously the costs associated with the staging of one game are cut considerably when its a double header.

Its not twee sentiment either. Its looking after the very grass roots you speak of and ensuring they can attend games. Your logic is to shaft the grass roots so you can give them the money back - that makes huge sense alright. And they are not businesses at the end of the day either.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:39 am

bald eagle wrote:But if you get them in then they will buy more, they'll buy more programs, food, drink etc. Merchandise profits would go up, so while the gate money may be the same, it looks better that the ground is full first of, and secondly, you will sell more when the punters get in the ground.

You can not get blood out of a stone. If the whole exercise is about extracting as much money out of people as possible then you may rename it the Premiership GAA Championship ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:39 am

The Puke wrote:the fact is that the Irish by nature are bangwagoners and when teams are doing well we will all go in our droves to follow them and when they are struggling the numbers will drop. I can guarentee you there are plenty of Dublin and Kildare fans who will give this weekend a skip as they will feel there are bigger days ahead this summer while there will be Wexford and Meath fans who won't be too pushed due to the average showings of their sides in the championship thus far.

And there will be those who won't be able to afford/source tickets for the bigger days out and would fancy taking their kids to this weekends fixtures but for the price.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:40 am

Parouisa wrote:

You can not get blood out of a stone. If the whole exercise is about extracting as much money out of people as possible then you may rename it the Premiership GAA Championship ....

Hardly the point i was making Par, but you can't say it doesn't go on.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:43 am

bald eagle wrote:
Parouisa wrote:

I am just saying that in this climate many people cannot afford the admission price - never mind the add-ons. At least give them a chance to attend by reducing the admission.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 am

As i said earlier, there are far more costs associated with going to a match than just the ticket price. Transport, food, drink etc. 10 euro isn't going to be the be all and end all of the decision and the ticket cost would be secondary for those travelling up from Wexford for the match. 30 euro is a very fair price to pay for an Intercounty double header.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 am

Parouisa wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
Parouisa wrote:

I am just saying that in this climate many people cannot afford the admission price - never mind the add-ons. At least give them a chance to attend by reducing the admission.

100% totally agree
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 am

The Puke wrote:As i said earlier, there are far more costs associated with going to a match than just the ticket price. Transport, food, drink etc. 10 euro isn't going to be the be all and end all of the decision and the ticket cost would be secondary for those travelling up from Wexford for the match. 30 euro is a very fair price to pay for an Intercounty double header.

Yes puke but if it was 10 in on sunday the other twenty could be used for food and travel, that would be 30 for the day not 50.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 am

Parouisa wrote:I am just saying that in this climate many people cannot afford the admission price - never mind the add-ons. At least give them a chance to attend by reducing the admission.

Yes, and i am saying that an extra bonus of reducing the admission prices is that those sales will ultimately go up, not everyone will buy stuff but with there being more in attendance, you will shift more stock therefore making more money. If people can't afford to buy the stuff then they won't, simple as!

Last edited by bald eagle on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:50 am

North Side Gael wrote:
The Puke wrote:As i said earlier, there are far more costs associated with going to a match than just the ticket price. Transport, food, drink etc. 10 euro isn't going to be the be all and end all of the decision and the ticket cost would be secondary for those travelling up from Wexford for the match. 30 euro is a very fair price to pay for an Intercounty double header.

Yes puke but if it was 10 in on sunday the other twenty could be used for food and travel, that would be 30 for the day not 50.

So the Leinsteer Council should just lie the loss of revenue for the sake of upping the attendance by a few thousand. Again whether fellas want to admit it or not the Keinster council is a business at the end of the day and these are their biggest money spinners, they are quite rightly trying to maximise as much revenue as they can from these games. Reducing ticket prices to a attract a few more fair weather fans and losing revenue is not the right thing to do here.

i appreciate that things are tough and people are stretched but the Leinster council aren't a charity case and like everyone else in the country need the money

Last edited by The Puke on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:50 am

Never mind the 5euro for the fella to 'look after your car' when you park in the side streets!

People usually kitty the fuel money anyhow, and i for one never think about the cost of the drive to a game as this is usually shared by all travelling.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:51 am

The first thing people will look at is the admission price. If it is unaffordable then their consideration (of attending) stops there. Your tenner argument is based only one adult attending on their own - not something you see a lot at matches and so not really what is being discussed here.

And also a lot of people will go to see their own county only (I know your attitude is going to be 'well there are two matches') - so they are actually being penalised by having it staged with another match that they don't necessarily want to see. And this is by no means a Dublin thing either!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:53 am

I am not making the argument necessarily to put more bums on seats. To me €30 is simply too expensive.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next