GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAA Congress 2012

+3
Parouisa
Boxtyeater
RMDrive
7 posters

Go down

GAA Congress 2012 Empty GAA Congress 2012

Post  RMDrive Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:31 pm

It's going to be great!!!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

GAA Congress 2012 Empty Re: GAA Congress 2012

Post  RMDrive Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Joe McDonagh - 'There wasn't a cow milked for a week when the Mongol Khans won div 4 of the Asian Games.'
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:00 pm

GAA Congress 2012 41857410

Doubtless this legendary character will make an impact....

He's probably forgotten his treatment of Boxty in the aftermath of Hurling Final day in Thurles in '84 but Boxty hasn't.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:45 am

Hope it runs well - especially on Sunday when Fingal and Monaghan hurlers are watching the FA Cup semi final .......
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:07 am

Gumshields compulsory - when has this ever been a problem?

Instead on one square ball rule, we now have two. One for free-kicks and one for open play.

And the training ban has been made even more complicated. Handicapping the All-Ireland champions and finalists.

The controversial fist pass wasn't even addressed.

What kind of jokers are these people? Are they living in the real world at all.

There's no need for gumshields, the square ball and the square should be scrapped altogether. No training ban rule and either give a mandate to referees to implement the underhand fist pass rule or else take it out of the rulebook.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Seems to be lots of committees and talking shops coming out of congress .... Rolling Eyes
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  banjo Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:20 pm

I gave up hurling when helmets were made compulsery and now it will be football in 2 years

banjo
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Gumshields compulsory - when has this ever been a problem?

Instead on one square ball rule, we now have two. One for free-kicks and one for open play.

And the training ban has been made even more complicated. Handicapping the All-Ireland champions and finalists.

The controversial fist pass wasn't even addressed.

What kind of jokers are these people? Are they living in the real world at all.

There's no need for gumshields, the square ball and the square should be scrapped altogether. No training ban rule and either give a mandate to referees to implement the underhand fist pass rule or else take it out of the rulebook.

havent a clue that shower - they are in their own little cocoon far removed from the reality and the challenges facing the GAA. It doesnt take a genius to see what changes need made but these knobs are too concerned with their own egos to see it
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:06 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Gumshields compulsory - when has this ever been a problem?

Making gumshields compulsory is a foolish move, but I can see the reasoning that they are following. Dental work is currently the most expensive single element of the GAA's insurance coverage, and most dental injuries can be prevented by gumshields. By bringing in the rule, the GAA think they they now have a justification for refusing to pay out on any dental injury where the injured party wasn't wearing a gumshield.
Problem is, some players won't be actually able to play if they have to wear a gumshield. I've a sinus problem which means I have restricted airflow through my nose. A number of years ago I lost a tooth playing for NUIG, and after approx €5k worth of dental work I have a gumshield fitted. I was forced to abandon it 15 minutes into the first game because it was causing too much difficulties with my breathing.

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:..... the square ball and the square should be scrapped altogether .

That'd work brilliantly alright. Just get the full forward line to make a little ring around the goalkeeper everytime someone has the ball inside 30 metres and then we'll be finishing matches with more goals scored than points.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down