GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prices 2012

+3
North Side Gael
bald eagle
Parouisa
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Prices 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Prices 2012

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:54 am

Parouisa wrote:
Its not twee sentiment either. Its looking after the very grass roots you speak of and ensuring they can attend games. Your logic is to shaft the grass roots so you can give them the money back - that makes huge sense alright. And they are not businesses at the end of the day either.

No its not, and for all your posturing on this thread it shows how out of touch you are here. Any member of a club can pick a ticket up for 20 euro off his club for these games. Again the grass roots are being looked after. Why drop the ticket price for the bangwagoner. How are the grass roots being shafted when they can get tickets for the price you are campaigning the Gaa to charge off their clubs if they are a paid up member
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:55 am

Parouisa wrote:I am not making the argument necessarily to put more bums on seats. To me €30 is simply too expensive.

In comparison to what?
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Are you for real? I have never ever heard of this in my life probably cos it doesn't happen I'd imagine. Who's posturing anyway? You're just doing your normal here - acting the complete bo**ox. Very Happy

You have advocated ripping people off (incl the grassroots) so that the money goes back into the clubs - ie the grassroots.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:02 pm

The Puke wrote:
Parouisa wrote:I am not making the argument necessarily to put more bums on seats. To me €30 is simply too expensive.

In comparison to what?

Why does it need a comparison?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Parouisa wrote:Are you for real? I have never ever heard of this in my life probably cos it doesn't happen I'd imagine. Who's posturing anyway? You're just doing your normal here - acting the complete bo**ox. Very Happy

You have advocated ripping people off (incl the grassroots) so that the money goes back into the clubs - ie the grassroots.

Both Leinster and Munster councils have a scheme in operation whereby each club can apply for a block of group tickets and they cost 20 euro each.

People are not being ripped off by being charged 30 euro.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:11 pm

Parouisa wrote:
The Puke wrote:

In comparison to what?

You feel it is too expensive, normally when people feels things are too high or too low they use some tool of comparison or analysis to lead them to this conclusion.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:14 pm

The Puke wrote:
Parouisa wrote:Are you for real? I have never ever heard of this in my life probably cos it doesn't happen I'd imagine. Who's posturing anyway? You're just doing your normal here - acting the complete bo**ox. Very Happy

Both Leinster and Munster councils have a scheme in operation whereby each club can apply for a block of group tickets and they cost 20 euro each.

Yes and what about the father with his 17 and 18 year old son who want to go to matches?

People dont have the money, prices need to come down, its an observation of society not a comparison.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:14 pm

The Puke wrote:Both Leinster and Munster councils have a scheme in operation whereby each club can apply for a block of group tickets and they cost 20 euro each.

Can you expand on this? How many in a block? I know nothing of this nor do any other member of Dublin GAA clubs I have spoken to here.

€30 is a rip-off I'm afraid. Paying the same for a semi as for the Munster Finals.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:15 pm

The Puke wrote:
Parouisa wrote:
The Puke wrote:

In comparison to what?

You feel it is too expensive, normally when people feels things are too high or too low they use some tool of comparison or analysis to lead them to this conclusion.

It is too expensive - doesn't need a comparison at all. Its clear as day.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:19 pm

North Side Gael wrote:
The Puke wrote:

Yes and what about the father with his 17 and 18 year old son who want to go to matches?

People dont have the money, prices need to come down, its an observation of society not a comparison.

but again, the tickets are competitively priced and 30 euro to enjoy the bones of 5 hours of live sport is far from a rip off. I agree that things are tough but the GAA isn't a charity case and it too needs to keep the wolf from the door
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:22 pm

The Puke wrote:but again, the tickets are competitively priced

Competitive to what?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:25 pm

The gaa far from needs to keep the wolf from the door and we certainly know with the amount of income they have they aint no charity, but its an organisation for the Irish people, a population suffering from unemployment and poverty, they are pricing those affected by the recession out of it, im not saying its a rip off but maybe intoduce a new pricing structure then one that allows for people on benefits.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:27 pm

North Side Gael wrote: but maybe intoduce a new pricing structure then one that allows for people on benefits.

... and medical cards.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Parouisa wrote:
The Puke wrote:but again, the tickets are competitively priced

Competitive to what?

To pretty much any other major events which the GAA competes with. It is cheaper than going to an Ireland match in either rugby or soccer and is less than a ticket for a Heineken Cup match. I would doubt that there would be any gigs in the O2 Arena that are less than 30 euro a pop either. the WWE wrestling is 35 to 70 euro a ticket as well. Just take a look at the ticketmaster site and you will see what the going rates are

The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:07 pm

So now you are comparing GAA to WWE wrestling and Westlife etc??? Ah you’re all over the place here Puke. First you are advocating ripping off grassroot members just so that the money can be given back to them. Then you are using the unrealistic Billy No-mates example of a guy going to a game on his own and it only costing him a tenner extra. Then you are throwing in this block booking thing that no-one I know is aware of. Add in the notion that the GAA is a money making business and the Leinster Council’s business is to ‘maximise revenue’ and that’s the cap on it alright …. You’re a funny man, no doubt.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Parouisa wrote:So now you are comparing GAA to WWE wrestling and Westlife etc??? Ah you’re all over the place here Puke. First you are advocating ripping off grassroot members just so that the money can be given back to them. Then you are using the unrealistic Billy No-mates example of a guy going to a game on his own and it only costing him a tenner extra. Then you are throwing in this block booking thing that no-one I know is aware of. Add in the notion that the GAA is a money making business and the Leinster Council’s business is to ‘maximise revenue’ and that’s the cap on it alright …. You’re a funny man, no doubt.

So just because nobody you know is aware of the cheap tickets available to clubs means that it isn't a valid point. It has been well advertised and is on both Munster and Leinster council websites. The fact is that the intercounty provincial championships are the main source of income for the provincial councils and it is entirely understandable that they want to maximise the revenue they get for these, it doesn't take a genius to figure out the more money they make from them the more money there is in their coffers come the end of the year, that is the main reason the Munster council wants to bring back seeding in the football to ensure a bumper pay day with Kerry and Cork in the final each year. the more money they make from this the more money their is to go to grass root projects and back to the individual county boards.

Again my issue is with the fact that some people seem to think that if 10 euro is knocked off the price of tickets that the crowds will flock through the turnstiles, this simply isn't the case and the price is not the issue, general apathy and a gap in quality betweens the sides has far more to do with the low attendances than the price of a ticket. There is nothing wrong with charging 30 euro for a stand ticket for a double header. The cost of a matchday itself is far from cheap when everything is factored in, 30 euro for a match ticket to see two intercounty championship matches is far from a rip off though. Some people are never happy though. If it was 15 euro to get in you would still have people complaining about the price
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:50 pm

The Puke wrote:So just because nobody you know is aware of the cheap tickets available to clubs means that it isn't a valid point.

I have contacts at the HIGHEST level who know nothing about it. Can you post a link or something to where they are 'well advertised' on the websites? It would be a great help for everyone.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by The Puke on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Highest level by bollix
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:04 pm

The Puke wrote:Highest level by bollix

Yeah that's a great deal alright and well promoted there at the bottom. Sure all you need there is a minimum of 15 people - not much good to your Billy No-Mates. Then they are SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY .... indeed .... - And through an application form too - and the end of which you may be told they are all gone.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Parouisa wrote:
The Puke wrote:Highest level by bollix

Yeah that's a great deal alright and well promoted there at the bottom. Sure all you need there is a minimum of 15 people - not much good to your Billy No-Mates. Then they are SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY .... indeed .... - And through an application form too - and the end of which you may be told they are all gone.

I have yet to hear of any club that applied for them that was yet to get the allocation they asked for. But sure nit pick away, it is what you normally do when proven wrong. You do realise that clubs do apply to their county board for ticket allocations anyway under normal circumstances.

Highest level my bollix, you insufferable spoofer

"I have contacts at the HIGHEST level who know nothing about it" Laughing Very Happy Razz what a clown
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Now now no need to get personal. You have fooked up enough on this thread already - perhaps its going to all the WWE events thats doing it. This is not practical for the vast majority of people - the grass roots - who you condone ripping off. You must be a blazer.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Parouisa wrote:Now now no need to get personal. You have fooked up enough on this thread already - perhaps its going to all the WWE events thats doing it. This is not practical for the vast majority of people - the grass roots - who you condone ripping off. You must be a blazer.

Far from it, gas that you and your friends on high haven't a clue about something that is fairly common knowledge either. I am not advocating ripping off anyone, 30 euro is a fair price and when compared with other alternatives it is actually quite cheap. But sure why don't you make up some more mealy mouth assertions there.

Some friends on high you have
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:26 pm

No lets take €30 off people who haven't got it and then give it back to the grassroots - great idea.

I don't get tickets from a club but was not aware of this nor were about 20 people I spoke to - many of whom hold committee positions. I never have a problem getting tickets - for any game -- I am only thinking of the less fortunate others ... thats just the kind of guy I am. S'pose thats where we differ I don't like to see people getting ripped.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Puke totally diverted away from a very valid point modern inter county gaa has followers beyond the club and they dont go to matches in 20s and 30s they go in ones and twos, im well aware of what your posting here but 30 euro is an awful lot for someone unable to find work.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next