GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would they let me in O'Neills Irish Pub for the game?

+7
RMDrive
old98!
mossbags
GAA-Fan
6inarow
Jayo Cluxton
SamiPremier08
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

would they let me in O'Neills Irish Pub for the game? - Page 2 Empty Re: would they let me in O'Neills Irish Pub for the game?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:29 pm

RMDrive wrote:
6inarow wrote:I've no idea what's happening over here since Setanta went bust, as I've been out of the pub for most of the summer saving for the odd trip down to Newquay and the like. I've basically been doing my best to watch games on the net. I'm going to give a couple of places down here a ring later in the week to see if and how they're showing it as I fancy watching the final on the old big screen, I'll let you know what answer I get.

Newquay, Co. Clare? Have you ever hit a golf ball over the bay? I've happy memories of Newquay. One of my best mates is from there.

Obviously Newquay in Cornwall RMD - don't be showing up your parochiality!! Rolling Eyes Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

would they let me in O'Neills Irish Pub for the game? - Page 2 Empty Re: would they let me in O'Neills Irish Pub for the game?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:31 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
can I come?

Umm ..........let me think about that for a while .... give it some really serious consideration ...... eh ...... No! Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:32 pm

whats that I see? is it JayoCluxton at the bottom of the hurling tipster table? ....I think it is...
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:33 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:whats that I see? is it JayoCluxton at the bottom of the hurling tipster table? ....I think it is...

It must be upside down so!! Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:35 pm

ahhh yeah....I knew standing on my head all day would have it's down sides...
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:36 pm

RMDrive wrote:
6inarow wrote:I've no idea what's happening over here since Setanta went bust, as I've been out of the pub for most of the summer saving for the odd trip down to Newquay and the like. I've basically been doing my best to watch games on the net. I'm going to give a couple of places down here a ring later in the week to see if and how they're showing it as I fancy watching the final on the old big screen, I'll let you know what answer I get.

Newquay, Co. Clare? Have you ever hit a golf ball over the bay? I've happy memories of Newquay. One of my best mates is from there.

I spent most of my time getting hit in the head by my own bodyboard!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:42 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:ahhh yeah....I knew standing on my head all day would have it's down sides...

Its also probably causing you to see black spots on your screen ......... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:45 pm

no that was something else...it was quite interesting really, I trained it to follow the cursor around the screen. Smile
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:30 am

would they let me in O'Neills Irish Pub for the game? - Page 2 6th11[img][/img]
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Samin I'd be very surprised if O Neills were not showing the game. The O Neills chain are a ghastly incarnation of faux Irishness but in fairness they were always good for showing the matches. You can be sure your not the only Irish person making these enquiries in York.I'd nearly guarantee you they'll have it on somehow. As for you getting in, theres usually at least one or two Irish bucks working in O Neills pubs so try and locate him/her and they'll be able to give you the low-down.You might as well be talking to the wall as to talking to a non-Paddy(/Gael) on important matters like this. Cant see it being an issue at that hour of the day.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:12 pm

mossbags wrote:Samin I'd be very surprised if O Neills were not showing the game. The O Neills chain are a ghastly incarnation of faux Irishness but in fairness they were always good for showing the matches. You can be sure your not the only Irish person making these enquiries in York.I'd nearly guarantee you they'll have it on somehow. As for you getting in, theres usually at least one or two Irish bucks working in O Neills pubs so try and locate him/her and they'll be able to give you the low-down.You might as well be talking to the wall as to talking to a non-Paddy(/Gael) on important matters like this. Cant see it being an issue at that hour of the day.

ta mossbags, I'm sure they'll have it on now setanta have confirmed they're showing it through InfoTV (see above pic), I think that's all they were waiting for.

I hope there's a big crowd in there - bringing a mate along who's eager to see a game - should be great. just got a lot of coursework to do between now and then ! Very Happy
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:26 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
mossbags wrote:Samin I'd be very surprised if O Neills were not showing the game. The O Neills chain are a ghastly incarnation of faux Irishness but in fairness they were always good for showing the matches. You can be sure your not the only Irish person making these enquiries in York.I'd nearly guarantee you they'll have it on somehow. As for you getting in, theres usually at least one or two Irish bucks working in O Neills pubs so try and locate him/her and they'll be able to give you the low-down.You might as well be talking to the wall as to talking to a non-Paddy(/Gael) on important matters like this. Cant see it being an issue at that hour of the day.

ta mossbags, I'm sure they'll have it on now setanta have confirmed they're showing it through InfoTV (see above pic), I think that's all they were waiting for.

I hope there's a big crowd in there - bringing a mate along who's eager to see a game - should be great. just got a lot of coursework to do between now and then ! Very Happy

Good man Sami, Ill have an orange juice in your honour if Tipp somehow miraculously manage to win Very Happy
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:14 am

Good to see that this young man appears to be sorted. Try to enjoy it Sami lad, though I fear it could be painful....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:36 pm

mossbags wrote:Samin I'd be very surprised if O Neills were not showing the game. The O Neills chain are a ghastly incarnation of faux Irishness but in fairness they were always good for showing the matches.

Depending on where the bar is Mossy, a good few of our lads went into the local O'Neills to us (that sponsor our Gaelic club) every Sunday and without fail they would refuse to put the GAA on either because of the cricket, golf, flower arranging or whatever other crap that was on.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:38 pm

rang them up just now, under 18s are allowed in without adult supervision during the day and they have confirmed if they can show it they will show it.

i told them about setanta streaming through InfoTV and she said they'd used that before...so it looks all right and dandy.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:04 pm

bald eagle wrote:
Depending on where the bar is Mossy, a good few of our lads went into the local O'Neills to us (that sponsor our Gaelic club) every Sunday and without fail they would refuse to put the GAA on either because of the cricket, golf, flower arranging or whatever other crap that was on.

Probably saw your lads playing in the local park - formed a view of GAA from that - and decided that the punters would prefer to watch flower arranging etc. Razz Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:08 pm

bald eagle wrote:

how can they sponsor a GAA club and not show GAA?! How can they even call themselves an Irish pub and not show GAA? It's pathetic, what is this country coming to!

RTE to broadcast into homes in England - please!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:40 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

how can they sponsor a GAA club and not show GAA?! How can they even call themselves an Irish pub and not show GAA? It's pathetic, what is this country coming to!

RTE to broadcast into homes in England - please!

You think that's bad, I've had the same respones in the actual Irish Centre in Birmingham! They're useful for something though, I gave them a call today and they're showing the game which means all the pubs in Digbeth will be too so I'll be off to the Anchor or the Swan on Sunday, happy days!

Glad you got it sorted Sami, I'll drown one for your sorrows after the game!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:12 pm

well it's pretty much sorted so I'm grand, will hang the flags out tomorrow. thanks everyone.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Good stuff Sami. Best of luck.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:34 pm

Boy, but he'll need buckets of it......breaking news....outbreak of swine flu in Castle......baldwin. it's OK not in Castlecomer..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Boy, but he'll need buckets of it......breaking news....outbreak of swine flu in Castle......baldwin. it's OK not in Castlecomer..

would they let me in O'Neills Irish Pub for the game? - Page 2 Eek
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:53 pm

well done Sami - if the Tipp team put in half the effort during the game that you have just to see the game they could actually win the match Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:14 pm

ta bocerty, just hope the results goes the right way!

heres my plans for tomorrow:

9.00am - Get up, switch on Absolute Radio, maybe fry an egg for breakfast and mooch about with the music for a bit.

10.00am - 11.00am - perhaps squeeze in some coursework (although probably too excited to actually do it).

11.00am - head off for the bus to York. Meet Chris Mac and give him the compulsory blue and gold regalia (a scarf, a flag if he's lucky).

12.00pm - Stroll through the city towards the river and O'Neills pub on Low Ousegate.

12.15pm - 6.00pm - Watch the minors, have a bar meal? Watch a brilliant final.

Can't wait. Very Happy
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:00 am

I drove thru Tipp today and almost ... almost bought the colours .......... but I reckoned black'n'amber on a silver car would look naff!!!

Enjoy it Samuel!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next