GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic

+3
Thomas Clarke
Jayo Cluxton
North Side Gael
7 posters

Go down

Celtic Empty Celtic

Post  North Side Gael Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:50 pm

Well playing tonight against Sion in europe dont know much about them to be honest, celtic are going well, Stokes is on fire and unlucky not to have scored a second the other day, i feel they could do well in Europe this year is the can get over the initial rounds, confidence will grow and there is a better feeling about the place this year.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Celtic Empty Re: Celtic

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Scottish football = Division three .... and they couldn't even win the title ... Champions out to Malmo ... runners up could follow ..
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:58 pm

I think everyone including the dog on the street knows celtic handed them that title last year, bit of inexperience in terms of managment, i think lennon will cut it with better teams as time goes on, a manager who is passionate like him can work well with a club as passionate as celtic.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:12 pm

United Churches League - half the teams in the Phoenix Park on Sunday morning would survive in the SPL. If they can't attract the top players to England they ain't gonna go to Scotland ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:18 pm

North Side Gael wrote: bit of inexperience in terms of managment, i think lennon will cut it with better teams as time goes on, a manager who is passionate like him can work well with a club as passionate as celtic.

Inexperience or lack of ability? Some managers have it from day 1 (O'Neill, Mourinho, Cryuff, Guardiola) while others take longer. But passion, on its own, is a pretty useless quality in a manager. It is what they have between their ears that counts, and I'm not sure that Lennon will ever cut it.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Two horse race 99% of the time ... like the Munster football championships ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
North Side Gael wrote: bit of inexperience in terms of managment, i think lennon will cut it with better teams as time goes on, a manager who is passionate like him can work well with a club as passionate as celtic.

Inexperience or lack of ability? Some managers have it from day 1 (O'Neill, Mourinho, Cryuff, Guardiola) while others take longer. But passion, on its own, is a pretty useless quality in a manager. It is what they have between their ears that counts, and I'm not sure that Lennon will ever cut it.

I dont know to date i feel hes done well, i know a scottish cup isnt ideal for your first year as manager of celtic but i mean he really did hand them that title with lack of experience.

The only area i would question him on would be his eye for talent coming in as to what can strengthen the squad and so on, but i will give him this season and ive every confidence he can do well.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Friend a mine has a tenner on Celtic to win the Europa League at 50/1. What a dope.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 am

hurlingguru wrote:Friend a mine has a tenner on Celtic to win the Europa League at 50/1. What a dope.

Thats defo not happening HG lol.

Dont know why samaras was playing last night, they had stokes, Hooper and commons up front in all the league games theyve won then lennon changes it, inexperience again or has TC hit the nail on the head, they had a bad experience with away goals a couple of times so maybe it was a case of shut up shop and go for it out there!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:53 am

Hooper was injured hence why Samaras started
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:57 am

The Puke wrote:Hooper was injured hence why Samaras started

Didnt know that, seen very little of the coverage i forgot he had come off injured at the weekend, celtic should go for roque santa cruz on loan from city as cover hes looking a new club.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:59 am

North Side Gael wrote:

Didnt know that, seen very little of the coverage i forgot he had come off injured at the weekend, celtic should go for roque santa cruz on loan from city as cover hes looking a new club.

Absolutely not, one good season at Blackburn aside he has been average at best and is vastly overrated. His wage demands would be far too much for an SPL club too.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:07 am

The Puke wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:

Absolutely not, one good season at Blackburn aside he has been average at best and is vastly overrated. His wage demands would be far too much for an SPL club too.

Never know with city being so rich you could maybe negotiate that they would continue to pay half his wages, scotland may be a league he could do well in though do you not think?
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:11 am

North Side Gael wrote:
The Puke wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:

Never know with city being so rich you could maybe negotiate that they would continue to pay half his wages, scotland may be a league he could do well in though do you not think?

Even if they picked up half the tab it would mean Celtic would have to pay out 40K a week, which isn't going to suit. He is injury prone and if you were to look at his scoring record at club level minus his one good season at Blackburn 4 seasons ago it is fairly poor, it was the only time since coming to europe that he got into double figures.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:25 pm

Celtic could be put back into Euorpe after FC Sion fielded players they were not allowed.

Celtic may get Europa League reprieve after protest against Sion

Celtic crashed out of the Europa League in Sion on Thursday night

Celtic's Europa League campaign may not be over after all, despite the Scottish club's defeat in Switzerland on Thursday night. Their opponents, the Swiss club FC Sion, face being kicked out of the competition for fielding ineligible players – a situation that could mean Neil Lennon's side being reinstated.

Uefa says Celtic have lodged an official protest that Sion breached a one-year Fifa transfer ban, which was originally imposed in 2008 but took effect in January. The Uefa president, Michel Platini, says Sion fielded summer signings "in clear violation of the ban".

Celtic lost 3-1 at Sion on Thursday but the Swiss side had five players signed with the club still under the transfer ban imposed by Fifa after breaching rules over the signing of the Egypt goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary three years ago. Sion have since been found by Fifa, the court of arbitration for sport, and the Swiss supreme court to have breached the transfer ban but are challenging the decision in a local court.

"The rules have not been respected," said Platini. "FC Sion has not respected the rules of the transfer ban – they signed players and then played those players."

The Uefa general secretary, Gianni Infantino, said the case would be dealt with by the organisation's control and disciplinary body, with a hearing expected on Tuesday.

"The civil court ruling does not affect Uefa," he said. "We will look at our rules and the Fifa rules. There is a ruling by Fifa, CAS have ruled, it went to the Swiss supreme court and everything was confirmed but it has been challenged again.

"It is an interpretation question which is complicated – whether a two transfer-window ban means two transfer windows or parts of several transfer windows. Sion will be in the draw but they can be subsequently excluded. The control and disciplinary body will make a decision certainly before the group stage starts."

Platini also called on the Scottish Premier League to take action over their clubs' failure to qualify for Europe. If Celtic do not get a reprieve it would be the first time since European competition began in 1956 that there have been no Scottish clubs in contention beyond August following defeats for Rangers, Celtic and Hearts.

Platini, speaking before the Europa League draw in Monaco, said: "I am very disappointed with Scottish football which has such a great history in European football. They have such great clubs and it is a shame none of them have qualified but these things are decided on the pitch. The Scottish league have to look at this situation very seriously now.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:30 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Celtic could be put back into Euorpe after FC Sion fielded players they were not allowed.

Celtic's Europa League campaign may not be over after all, despite the Scottish club's defeat in Switzerland on Thursday night. Their opponents, the Swiss club FC Sion, face being kicked out of the competition for fielding ineligible players – a situation that could mean Neil Lennon's side being reinstated.

Uefa says Celtic have lodged an official protest that Sion breached a one-year Fifa transfer ban, which was originally imposed in 2008 but took effect in January. The Uefa president, Michel Platini, says Sion fielded summer signings "in clear violation of the ban".

Celtic lost 3-1 at Sion on Thursday but the Swiss side had five players signed with the club still under the transfer ban imposed by Fifa after breaching rules over the signing of the Egypt goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary three years ago. Sion have since been found by Fifa, the court of arbitration for sport, and the Swiss supreme court to have breached the transfer ban but are challenging the decision in a local court.

"The rules have not been respected," said Platini. "FC Sion has not respected the rules of the transfer ban – they signed players and then played those players."

The Uefa general secretary, Gianni Infantino, said the case would be dealt with by the organisation's control and disciplinary body, with a hearing expected on Tuesday.

"The civil court ruling does not affect Uefa," he said. "We will look at our rules and the Fifa rules. There is a ruling by Fifa, CAS have ruled, it went to the Swiss supreme court and everything was confirmed but it has been challenged again.

"It is an interpretation question which is complicated – whether a two transfer-window ban means two transfer windows or parts of several transfer windows. Sion will be in the draw but they can be subsequently excluded. The control and disciplinary body will make a decision certainly before the group stage starts."

Platini also called on the Scottish Premier League to take action over their clubs' failure to qualify for Europe. If Celtic do not get a reprieve it would be the first time since European competition began in 1956 that there have been no Scottish clubs in contention beyond August following defeats for Rangers, Celtic and Hearts.

Platini, speaking before the Europa League draw in Monaco, said: "I am very disappointed with Scottish football which has such a great history in European football. They have such great clubs and it is a shame none of them have qualified but these things are decided on the pitch. The Scottish league have to look at this situation very seriously now.

I would be a celtic fan and would love to see it, however i dont feel they deserve it.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:34 pm

North Side Gael wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:Celtic could be put back into Euorpe after FC Sion fielded players they were not allowed.

I would be a celtic fan and would love to see it, however i dont feel they deserve it.
]]

Im in no way a fan of celtic or league football. Would take a sligh interest in European football though. Did Majstorović deserve his sending off last night?
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:09 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
North Side Gael wrote:

]]

Im in no way a fan of celtic or league football. Would take a sligh interest in European football though. Did Majstorović deserve his sending off last night?

Havent seen it, the mate has it recorded so im for his tonight for a few and to watch it. I dont know why they dont raid the championship for another couple of players, likes of andy o brien at leeds would go, max gradel would be a genius up there and so would snodgrass who is a celtic fan and glaswegian and wouldnt cost much.

They need some quality likes of alan smith is on a free at the min can play up front or in mid, celtic need to span their wings again, when wim jansen and venglos where scouts under o neill they came up with some players between them all but nothing recently is even near english premiership standard or possibly league of ireland standard in some cases and they pay decent enough wages!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:07 pm

North Side Gael wrote:Havent seen it, the mate has it recorded so im for his tonight for a few and to watch it.

Beyjasus NSG, I'd deem it a weak effort at getting a life if you're reduced to this on a Friday night. I can accept your going to a mate's for a few scoops and a bit of banter, but if you're going to afflict yourselves with watching Glasgow Celtic succumb to some unknown collection of goat herders and silage contractors I'd be fearful for both of you....

Load up on the oul' Jamacian Woodbines to experience the "spectacle"..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down