GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin GG News

+33
patsymc
Podger
bluearmy1
bald eagle
Parouisa
KerryKatriona
redhandman
hipster 2
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
The Puke
jimbodub
bocerty
Real Kerry Fan
Royal_Girl2k9
Grenvile
black&white
whiterbananas
Floops
Omagh RedHand
Loyal2TheRoyal
mid-mon man
mossbags
OMAR
JimWexford
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
AdamG
RMDrive
Shinners
Jayo Cluxton
mugsys_barber
mullins
37 posters

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 38 Empty Re: Dublin GG News

Post  champers Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:40 pm

Very harsh on kilkenny gone for the year looked like nothing,but there you go lost 2 players in the last month not great news for Dublin gaa

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 pm

The Dublin team for sunday starting to take shape now for the championship
1. Stephen Cluxton
2. Sean George
3. Philly McMahon
4. Michael Fitzsimons
5. Darren Daly
6. James McCarthy
7. Jonny Cooper
8. Cian O'Sullivan
9. Michael Dara Macauley
10. Davy Byrne
11. Paddy Andrews
12. Bryan Cullen
13. Kevin McManamon
14. Ciaran Reddin
15. Eoghan O'Gara

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:14 pm

Dublin GG News - Page 38 Smiley13
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Dublin GG News - Page 38 Smiley13

Your a funny guy clown 

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:18 am

champers wrote:The Dublin team for sunday starting to take shape now for the championship
1. Stephen Cluxton
2. Sean George
3. Philly McMahon
4. Michael Fitzsimons
5. Darren Daly
6. James McCarthy
7. Jonny Cooper
8. Cian O'Sullivan
9. Michael Dara Macauley

10. Davy Byrne
11. Paddy Andrews
12. Bryan Cullen
13. Kevin McManamon
14. Ciaran Reddin
15. Eoghan O'Gara

7 starters come championship time?

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Gaa_lover wrote:
champers wrote:The Dublin team for sunday starting to take shape now for the championship
1. Stephen Cluxton
2. Sean George
3. Philly McMahon
4. Michael Fitzsimons
5. Darren Daly
6. James McCarthy
7. Jonny Cooper
8. Cian O'Sullivan
9. Michael Dara Macauley

10. Davy Byrne
11. Paddy Andrews
12. Bryan Cullen
13. Kevin McManamon
14. Ciaran Reddin
15. Eoghan O'Gara

7  starters come championship time?

I would add daly kev mc o'gara to that 7 for the leinster championship with reddin with an outside chance,with so many of the top players not getting game time i guess gavin will be hoping to have them in full flow for the last 8,guess dublin A v B games would be a lot tougher than what they will meet in the championship so that should bring them on for literally just 2 games to win Sam A SEMI AND FINAL.

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:35 am

Watched the 2nd. half of this today and I thought the XV in the Dublin jerseys were poor enough. A complete horror show from the referee who clearly hasn't grasped the "Black Card" concept.
Both the Derry no's 2 & 3 were guilty of black card offences for drag-backs on Paddy Andrews who didn't cover himself in glory, as he, in true soccerball style complained bitterly for retribution from the ref. The ref issued yellow cards in both cases leading the full-back into another yellow prior to a justified red.

In the Philly McMahon case - a straight red was the only solution. Champers makes a witty observation regarding the A V B training games being the toughest they'll face before August. On the upside, at least they have Ger Brennan to return to the panel - he's cuter than McMahon anyway...... pale
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:24 pm

Big guns' back for Dubs v Mayo 28/03/2014

Jim Gavin has revamped his team for Saturday night's NFL Division 1 clash with Mayo in Croke Park (7.0).
Dublin have made seven changes in personnel from the side which was defeated last time out as Rory O'Carroll, Paul Flynn and Diarmuid Connolly make their returns the starting team.
The Dubs have an entirely different full-back line than the Derry game with Jonny Cooper, O'Carroll and Darren Daly selected - Seán George, Philly McMahon (suspended) and Mick Fitzsimons started against the Oak Leaf County.
James McCarthy returns from sickness, in place of Darragh Nelson, while Tomás Brady will play centre-back (manned by Jonny Cooper against Derry who is now corner-back) and Kevin Nolan in the left half-back berth with Darren Daly moving back into the corner.
Up front Flynn and Connolly, fresh from his All-Ireland Club final heroics with St Vincent's, will flank Alan Brogan with Kevn McManamon returning at corner-forward as Davey Byrne, Bryan Cullen and Paul Hudson lose out.

DUBLIN (SF v Mayo)
Stephen Cluxton (Parnell's)
Jonny Cooper (Na Fianna)
Rory O'Carroll (Kilmacud Crokes)
Darren Daly (Fingal Ravens)
James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams)
Tomás Brady (Na Fianna)
Kevin Nolan (Kilmacud Crokes)
Michael Darragh Macauley (Ballyboden St Enda's)
Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes)
Paul Flynn (Fingallians)
Alan Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh)
Diarmuid Connolly (St Vincent's)
Kevin McManamon (St Jude's)
Eoghan O'Gara (Templeogue Synge St)
Paddy Andrews (St Brigid's)

looks like gavin is starting to move it up a notch

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:37 pm

I wish I'd seen this team before I picked Mayo in the competition a few minutes ago. Gavin has responded to the Derry defeat by picking his strongest side of the year so far. Should be a great game tomorrow night and, with Mayo also picking a strong 15, the loser will be left with a lot of thinking to do.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I wish I'd seen this team before I picked Mayo in the competition a few minutes ago.  Gavin has responded to the Derry defeat by picking his strongest side of the year so far.  Should be a great game tomorrow night and, with Mayo also picking a strong 15, the loser will be left with a lot of thinking to do.

Mayo are not contenders for sam 2014.When they couldn't win it in 2013 they will never Gavin has plenty more options left to him after tomorrow night,Horan has none

I expect this Dublin team to have enough to see off mayo,i didn't expect to see such a strong Dublin team but Gavin obviously has his sights on extra games for his panel,rap up semi final final place,so dublin can just enjoy there trip to the UK next week as it looks like its the last one for this year as London could not fulfill there friendly fix with the dubs Very Happy 

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:06 pm

Mayo can win Sam - they are as likely as anyone bar Dublin to do it. The odds are, obviously, against it, but they are at least as much in the hunt as Cork, Tyrone, Donegal or Kerry.

Gavin has picked a strong side because he has lost 2 out of his last 3 games, and has only beaten a weak Kerry on opening night, and the usual Leinster fodder. I know what you are saying about players to come back, but nobody wants to get into a losing streak, or appear vulnerable to your rivals. Dublin had sides scared before they even played them last year, and Gavin doesn't want that mystique to be eroded in any way. This is the biggest game of the year so far for Dublin.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Mayo can win Sam - they are as likely as anyone bar Dublin to do it.  The odds are, obviously, against it, but they are at least as much in the hunt as Cork, Tyrone, Donegal or Kerry.

Gavin has picked a strong side because he has lost 2 out of his last 3 games, and has only beaten a weak Kerry on opening night, and the usual Leinster fodder.  I know what you are saying about players to come back, but nobody wants to get into a losing streak, or appear vulnerable to your rivals.  Dublin had sides scared before they even played them last year, and Gavin doesn't want that mystique to be eroded in any way.  This is the biggest game of the year so far for Dublin.

The handiest route to an All-Ireland final this year for a few teams is to avoid Dublin,i just don't see how Mayo are contenders to win Sam i don't buy in to it,they have brought nothing new to the table this year,they lost carolan who they had great hopes for and horan looks like he is out of his depth.

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:38 am

champers wrote:
The handiest route to an All-Ireland final this year for a few teams is to avoid Dublin,i just don't see how Mayo are contenders to win Sam i don't buy in to it,they have brought nothing new to the table this year,they lost carolan who they had great hopes for and horan looks like he is out of his depth.

I guess I'm looking at it like this: If Dublin don't win it, then who does? Mayo have question marks but, to my eyes, no more than any of the other supposed contenders (excluding Dublin).
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:39 am

champers wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:Mayo can win Sam - they are as likely as anyone bar Dublin to do it.  The odds are, obviously, against it, but they are at least as much in the hunt as Cork, Tyrone, Donegal or Kerry.

Gavin has picked a strong side because he has lost 2 out of his last 3 games, and has only beaten a weak Kerry on opening night, and the usual Leinster fodder.  I know what you are saying about players to come back, but nobody wants to get into a losing streak, or appear vulnerable to your rivals.  Dublin had sides scared before they even played them last year, and Gavin doesn't want that mystique to be eroded in any way.  This is the biggest game of the year so far for Dublin.

Leinster v Ulster in this years all Ireland semi final so Mayo could have another handy route to the final. Carolan wouldn't have made the starting line up the guy they have great hopes for is Adam Gallagher.

Diarmuid Connolly returning so soon proves that Dublin don't want Mayo to get one over them however Connolly is unlikely to get the freedom of Croke park like he did against Castlebar.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 am

[quote="Gaa_lover"] Connolly is unlikely to get the freedom of Croke park like he did against Castlebar.[/quote]

Good players always seem to have that craft/room/time/space that creates the image of greatness.
This is what differentiates between the likes of Colm O'Rourke, Maurice Fitz, Mickey Linden and Mike Sheehy.

These had the aforementioned, but allay accuracy/self-belief/vision and bravery and you have the real deal.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:25 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
Good players always seem to have that craft/room/time/space that creates the image of greatness.
This is what differentiates between the likes of Colm O'Rourke, Maurice Fitz, Mickey Linden and Mike Sheehy.

These had the aforementioned, but allay accuracy/self-belief/vision and bravery and you have the real deal.
Yes Connolly's a good player especially when given loads of room to display his skills however he isn't at the level of those aforementioned players who were all great and they only needed an inch to score or create a score. Connolly can be anonymous when marked right and sometimes his frustration can boil over.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:22 am

Gaa_lover wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

Yes Connolly's a good player especially when given loads of room to display his skills however he isn't at the level of those aforementioned players who were all great and they only needed an inch to score or create a score. Connolly can be anonymous when marked right and sometimes his frustration can boil over.

Correct. I didn't see the AI Club final, but i'll be a believer in Connelly when he consistently does it in big intercounty games. Until then, he doesn't belong within a hound's gowl of those names.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:59 am

Un-characteristically, Clarkey has spurned an opportunity that was cleverly created for him...... pale

I liked the "hound's growl" simile though. Cool
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Great football season so far, League champions, U21's Leinster champs and into the final and minors still going strong.

Players that didn't get a look in yesterday not a bad 2nd team

Currie - Daly, byrne, Fitzsimons - McCaffrey, Brennan, Lowndes - Bastick, o’conghaile - Carthy, McManamon, Rock - Costelloe, hudson, Mannnion

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:56 pm

At long last the champions take to the field sunday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

its looking good

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:40 pm

champers wrote:At long last the champions take to the field sunday

its looking good

Your 2 main rivals have already lost key players to cruciate injuries but, all the same, Gavin doesn't think that it will be a cakewalk. Interesting to see that the first/only name he mentioned outside of Sunday's opponents was Tyrone….

Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:40 pm

Dublin's starting team for Sunday's Leinster SFC quarter-final against Laois in Croke Park (4.0) contains 11 players who started last September's All-Ireland final victory.
At centre-back Nicky Devereux, following an impressive conclusion to the league, will line out at centre-back.
The Ballinteer St John's man replaces Ger Brennan, from the All-Ireland selection, as the St Vincent's man makes his way back to full fitness.
Darren Daly, who replaced Jack McCaffrey at half-time in the All-Ireland decider, will start at left half-back.
Up front Alan Brogan, who missed all last season through injury, has been selected at right full-forward with Eoghan O'Gara, who was also a sub used against Mayo last September.

Ticket info: The GAA Ticket Office, 52 Lr Dorset St, will be open from 10am to 4pm on Saturday.

DUBLIN (SFC v Laois)
1 Stephen Cluxton (Parnell's)
2 Philly McMahon (Ballymun Kickhams)
3 Rory O'Carroll (Kilmacud Crokes)
4 Jonny Cooper (Na Fianna)
5 James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams)
6 Nicky Devereux (Ballinteer St John's)
7 Darren Daly (Fingal Ravens)
8 Michael Darragh Macauley (Ballyboden St Enda's)
9 Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes)
10 Paul Flynn (Fingallians)
11 Paddy Andrews (St Brigid's)
12 Diarmuid Connolly (St Vincent's)
13 Alan Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh)
14 Eoghan O'Gara (Templeogue Synge St)
15 Bernard Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh)

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Happy with that team half back line has pace to burn,move alan to 11 completes the jigsaw its scary to think what subs Dublin have on the bench,and the new rule of 6 subs this will only benefit Dublin

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
champers wrote:At long last the champions take to the field sunday

its looking good

Your 2 main rivals have already lost key players to cruciate injuries but, all the same, Gavin doesn't think that it will be a cakewalk.  Interesting to see that the first/only name he mentioned outside of Sunday's opponents was Tyrone….

i guess he sees them as a an opponent further down the line not sure where though

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:08 pm

It must be slightly worrying for the future of Dublin that the youngest player involved on Sunday is 24. Granted an average age of around 27.5 which is what Dublin currently have is around about ideal but there ain't long left for a lot of them and once you've peaked, the decline can be quick. Why are none of the u21s from 2012 and 2014 involved? It's alright saying there's talented footballers coming through but if the cream of the bunch aren't getting their places now, it's a big ask to throw them in a year or two's time when the likes of Stephen Cluxton and Alan Brogan have retired, when for example someone like Rory O'Carroll is suffering a dip in form or for example someone like Diarmuid Connolly picks up a long-term injury.

The young stars from last year - Mannion and McCaffrey - have been dropped. Kilkenny and O'Brien would have been hard pressed to keep their places. Costello who looks a brilliant footballer hasn't been included.

I would also make the point that one of Jim Gavin's characteristics as a manager is loyalty or even an element of playing to the support. Alright, some will throw out the line that he's ruthless but the reality is Costello should be there instead of Alan Brogan. The younger man should be getting the nod when competition for places is that strong. He also favours Paddy Andrews and Johnny Cooper over what I would say are better options on the sideline.

Finally one other point worth making, does Pat Gilroy still the creditfor "discovering" McAuley and O'Gara? It's quite probably had Gilroy not taken a gamble on them, neither would be heard of. Then again, a different manager might have taken a gamble on someone like Ted Furman who could be a household name by now.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next