GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Club Football Final

+12
clash-of-da-ash
Jayo Cluxton
patrique
up.the.oak.trees
mossbags
mid-mon man
Shinners
Loyal2TheRoyal
Real Kerry Fan
bocerty
Dougal
bald eagle
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All Ireland Club Football Final Empty All Ireland Club Football Final

Post  bald eagle Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:19 am

Just 17 days until the biggest day in the club football calender and we have the line up in place, Antrims St. Galls will be hoping to put in a performance after their last club final ended in disappointment while Kilmurry Ibrickane of Clare will be hoping for the perfect end to their dream season!

So there you have it, after almost a year of playing Championship football the final 2 clubs are from the counties of Clare and Antrim, how refreshing to see that the football final will be between 2 sides that would be lazily perceived as hurling counties!

Antrim already have club All Irelands in Hurling and Camogie, will they get the trilogy this time? Clare have as well so they will be on the hunt for their treble as well! Let's not forget, it's not that long since St Galls lost in the Intermediate Hurling Final, are they the strongest Dual club in Ireland at the moment? That said, who would begrudge a club side from Clare getting their hands on the prize, sure they deserve it being from a "weak" county, that right essie? Razz

How do we think/hope it'll go? I really hope St Galls do it, not just for Ulster football but i have quite a few mates from the club are they are really sound lads. Hopefully they can make up for the heartache of previous final they lost.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Club Football Final Empty Re: All Ireland Club Football Final

Post  Dougal Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:33 am

id like to see kilmurry win because of the cavan manager,but id also like to see st.galls win.no particular reason why id like st.galls to win,just have a soft spot for them i suppose.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:54 am

Cavan Gales will be regretting their cardfest now

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:47 pm

dont think they have too much to regret,they wouldnt have made it out of ulster.i feel cavan gaels should have won that day but it would of been a shame because st.galls are a better team,they were just very bad on the day.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:26 pm

i wouldnt mind St Galls winning but we would only have to listen to P rambling on about another title for the most successful GAA county in Ireland.

C'mon the Clare lads ..............
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Really looking forward to Croke Park on Paddy's day. Will cheer on my neighbours from Clare but if Galls win fair play a great club. Also the hurling should be a cracker also. Looking forward to to a great sporting occasion in Croke Park when we can be proud to be Irish All Ireland Club Football Final Icon_sunny
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Is it time to move this final to a weekend slot and away from Paddy's Day?

With Irish stars such as Rite of Passage, Forpadydeplasterer and the usual brilliant Bumper bunch all set to run on the same day at Prestbury Park, interest in the pinnacle of club football and hurling will surely be an all low time low?

The Queen Mother Champion Chase goes to post at 3.20pm, around the same time the Ballyhale and Portumna game reaches its climax? And who would you rather watch? The Prodigy tap over a few frees or the Forpadydeplasterer crowned the champion chaser? Forpadydeplasterer obviously.

Plus all Banner eyes will be on the Cotswolds too as the Crusheen pair of Noel Glynn and Kieren Fallon attempt to land the Champion Bumper with Old McDonald.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Is it time to move this final to a weekend slot and away from Paddy's Day?

Whens "Paddys Day"?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Hopefully the GAA will market it properly.
I stand corrected but its been a while since the 4 provinces were represented on the one day. In the hurling, we have representatives from 2 strong hurling counties which promises to be a cracking game the king v the prince.
In the football, Galls have been there or there abouts for the last number of years, should go all the way this year. Kilmurray are probably just enjoying the experience and will play freely as there is little or no expectation on them.
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:21 pm

bald eagle wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Is it time to move this final to a weekend slot and away from Paddy's Day?

Whens "Paddys Day"?

Post of the day. Loyal, 'tisn't Paddy, it's Patrick.

Moving on, Kilmurry Ibrickane(coming from a weak county and all Razz ) will win it-although St. Gall's are a strong team. I think the Clare team have it in them to finish a so far perfect season on a high note. O' Dwyer is a superb talent for them and Coughlan as well.

But above all else, have ye checked their colours?? That's the deciding factor in me going for them! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:06 pm

Always said Galls would win it out ever since I seen them demolish us, when on form they are devastating. Kilmurry-Ibrickane have done seriously well to get to the final and will relish the underdog tag again, but I don't see Gall's letting this slip after coming so close in 2005. Alot of those players are at or near their peak now and I think they've enough experience to see off the challenge of the Clare men.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:10 pm

KIB will ate them
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:11 pm

mossbags wrote:KIB will ate them

Just like Corofin did! Wink
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:16 pm

A true Wesht of Ireland saying!

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:18 pm

mid-mon man wrote:

Just like Corofin did! Wink

Corofin were put off by the stale taste. Those Clare buggers would ate their own children though, believe me.

btw, check your txts mmm afro
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Im going for the GALLS Very Happy
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:53 pm

At the start many of us went for St galls, especially when they got past cargin in Antrim, and then Cross went out in Armagh.

However nothing is ever easy at club level. st galls have the best team in Ireland on paper, but the game is played elsewhere.

Against Cavan and Corofin they hit a million wides, so if they steady up you would expect them to win this.

But......
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:59 pm

bocerty wrote:i wouldnt mind St Galls winning but we would only have to listen to P rambling on about another title for the most successful GAA county in Ireland.

Ulster, Boc, most successful side in Ulster.

Have you seen Corks record, or the Dubs, or Mayo, Kerry, even dare I say it, Galway?

So most successful side in Ulster, by some distance.

If we lose EVERY game for the next 150 years someone could catch us.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Galls nearly kicked it away all right - but look a very good side too. If they got their shot selection and kicking boots on they could run up quite a score. Except KIB have the meanest defence around conceding about 0-2 a game - ne'er a goal conceded. Their brains trust were there the other night and anyone who thinks this is a dream for them and they are just happy to be there couldn't be more wrong. Be interesting to see how they defend in the wide open spaces of Croker but it promises to be an intriguing battle.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:33 pm

If St Galls play the way they did against Corofin they'll win, however KIB have a habit of dragging teams down to their level if they succeed in doing this against Galls it could go either way.

Verdict: St. Galls.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:33 pm

patrique wrote:
bocerty wrote:i wouldnt mind St Galls winning but we would only have to listen to P rambling on about another title for the most successful GAA county in Ireland.

Have you seen Corks record, or the Dubs, or Mayo, Kerry, even dare I say it, Galway?

Your not still going on about those Scor titles Patrique!! All Ireland Club Football Final Icon_biggrin

I would like to see St Galls win the All Ireland club all the same especially after the dissapointment of the Intermediate hurling final defeat.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:39 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:If St Galls play the way they did against Corofin they'll win, however KIB have a habit of dragging teams down to their level if they succeed in doing this against Galls it could go either way.

Verdict: St. Galls.

Plenty of clubs wouldn't mind being dragged down to the level of a senior all-Ireland final appearance.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Yeah Clash - I think thats a bit harsh. Portlaoise shot themselves in the foot - KIB played some nice football and scored a very respectable 1-14 in the process. The London game was in poor conditions and both teams seemed to be concentrating on the physical - but there is plenty of footballing ability in KIB.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:19 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Galls nearly kicked it away all right - but look a very good side too. If they got their shot selection and kicking boots on they could run up quite a score. Except KIB have the meanest defence around conceding about 0-2 a game - ne'er a goal conceded. Their brains trust were there the other night and anyone who thinks this is a dream for them and they are just happy to be there couldn't be more wrong. Be interesting to see how they defend in the wide open spaces of Croker but it promises to be an intriguing battle.

Dead right Jayo, Croker does strange things to teams, especially those there for the first time. It should be a really interesting game to watch i must say, i'll have to get the t'internet on in work to get a peak at it!!

I think whoever said that KIB drag teams down to their level, i feel they are very wrong! Reason, until now they must have dragged a lot of teams down before they get to Croker. They can't be a bad team or someone would have caught them out!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:51 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:
patrique wrote:

Your not still going on about those Scor titles Patrique!! All Ireland Club Football Final Icon_biggrin

I would like to see St Galls win the All Ireland club all the same especially after the dissapointment of the Intermediate hurling final defeat.

My God, the place is going to wreck and ruin. I expect Dell to appear soon.

However, I don't think losing to a Kilkenny side was much of a disappointment.

Rumour is that St Galls will stay on the pitch on the 17th and take on Portumna in the hurling which could be interesting.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next