GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St.Bridgets (Kiltoom) V Crossmaglen Rangers...Club football final 17/03/2011.

+9
black&white
mugsys_barber
jimbodub
Jayo Cluxton
mullins
The Puke
patrique
GAA-Fan
Boxtyeater
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

St.Bridgets (Kiltoom) V Crossmaglen Rangers...Club football final 17/03/2011. Empty St.Bridgets (Kiltoom) V Crossmaglen Rangers...Club football final 17/03/2011.

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:33 pm

In what promises to be a massive sporting 7 days, this, for many, will, with it's hurling counterpart be the highlight...(particularly if from Kiltoom).

Cross have been here many's the time in the past and have given many great exhibitions. The one thing I'll miss this time around is the languid style of John McEntee, as he was always good for a few rakers with that sweet citeĆ³g....They aren't however short of experience or the strong motivation that has attached itself to them over the years and while he may have lost a yard of pace, Oisin McConville is always worth a fair scatter of points (plus the odd green flag)..

Bridgets will enter the arena with no fears, having seen off Connacht's best comfortably and managed to to hold the vaunted Nemo at arms length for the duration.
They will be looking to their big names, Karol Mannion, Peter Domican and the experienced Senan Kilbride for the leadership and in all probability, Frankie Dolan for the scores. Dolan can blow hot and cold but I believe they have every chance to pull it off....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

St.Bridgets (Kiltoom) V Crossmaglen Rangers...Club football final 17/03/2011. Empty Re: St.Bridgets (Kiltoom) V Crossmaglen Rangers...Club football final 17/03/2011.

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:16 am

Im really looking forward to the final next week, have watched most of Cross' games this year. When Kilmacud went 0-6 up without reply I thought Cross were going to be destroyed but they didnt panic in the slightest and won the game. Unfortunately Armagh dont have a few players for the league and I can see them being relegated.

Haven't seen St Brigids play but no doubt they will was to make amends for the 3 point loss a few years ago.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

St.Bridgets (Kiltoom) V Crossmaglen Rangers...Club football final 17/03/2011. Empty Re: St.Bridgets (Kiltoom) V Crossmaglen Rangers...Club football final 17/03/2011.

Post  patrique Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Based on nothing, I think St Bridget's might win this.

The top two sides met in the first round this year at Cross, Cross and St Gall's, sio everything pooints to a cross win especially after the superb display in the semi.

Just something telling me Bridget's win.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:02 pm

From the gaelic life:

If Cross win on Thursday, Jamie Clarke, Francis Hanratty, Danny O'callaghan, Kyle and Gavin Carragher, Stephen Finnegan, Aaron Cunninghamand Paul McKeown have won league and championship doubles the whole way through from u-10 to senior level in Armagh as well as the Ulster club title and now one win away from an All Ireland senior winners medal.

GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Boxtyeater wrote: Frankie Dolan for the scores. Dolan can blow hot and cold..

Rolling Eyes

you bitter auld pill
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:12 pm

The Puke wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote: Frankie Dolan for the scores. Dolan can blow hot and cold..

Rolling Eyes

you bitter auld pill

Not a Dolan fan.....though Joe was fair good in his day. No change in my views I'm afraid.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 pm

This game is set up nicely for Brigids....
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 pm

A much better Roscommon team (Clan na Gael) failed 4 or 5 times on the big day .... Frankie Dolan is no Tony McManus let me tell you...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:09 pm

All Ireland Final day in Croker ..... Bridget's wearing the Mayo colours .... Cross wearing Kilkenny colours .... omens not good for the Rossies ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  jimbodub Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm just back from the game... Congrats to Cross

St Brigids insisted on running the ball at every opportunity and that's bread and butter for Cross

Played right into their hands... far too slow getting the ball into the forwards

But a gutsy performance from St Brigids they were right in the game until the very end...

Again Congrats to Cross - Incredible club

Francie even got a run...
jimbodub
jimbodub
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:37 pm

Congratulations to Cross, hopefully this win will lift the spirits in the area after the amount of diesel that was lost about it yesterday Evil or Very Mad
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:10 am

Well done to Cross, proving themselves to be one of the best club sides the country has ever produced.

Think the contrast between the two elder statesmen of the teams summed up the differences - Frankie Dolan missing vital frees that he'd normally put over in his sleep; McConville rarely putting a foot wrong.

Have to say though, it was an atrocious game. Bridget's played most of the game with 13 men in their own half, and didn't get up to support the front men nearly enough. One of the most negative approaches to a game I've seen in a long time.

Cross played their patented game of funnelling back in huge numbers, and once they got their noses in front with 10/15 to go, the cynical fouling between the 65s was chronic.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:56 pm

The only cynical foul worth taking note of is when the brigids player flung kernan to the ground.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:11 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:The only cynical foul worth taking note of is when the brigids player flung kernan to the ground.

I must have imagined all the times Cross players dragged down Bridget's men to stop quick ball going in. Or balls being booted up into the stand then?

Kernan being dragged down should have been a red, but it's patheticly predictable how defensive Cross fans get when confronted about the negative tactics they employ.
They're a great team, but they aren't above using "cute" fouling to stop their opponents attacking quickly.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 pm

black&white wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:The only cynical foul worth taking note of is when the brigids player flung kernan to the ground.

I must have imagined all the times Cross players dragged down Bridget's men to stop quick ball going in. Or balls being booted up into the stand then?

Kernan being dragged down should have been a red, but it's patheticly predictable how defensive Cross fans get when confronted about the negative tactics they employ.
They're a great team, but they aren't above using "cute" fouling to stop their opponents attacking quickly.

like you say it was a red card and like I said it was the most cynical foul worth taking note of, never said cross were saints either. its like what joe brolly said in gl...cross arent your friends and they will do whatever it takes to dismantle teams.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:51 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
black&white wrote:

like you say it was a red card and like I said it was the most cynical foul worth taking note of, never said cross were saints either. its like what joe brolly said in gl...cross arent your friends and they will do whatever it takes to dismantle teams.

Most cynical is very different to saying it was the only cynical foul.
The two instances of Cross players dropping knees into players on the ground were equally deserving of red cards, but I suppose that's just part of doing "whatever it takes" as well?
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:13 pm

black&white wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:
black&white wrote:

They might have been cynical but were worthy of a yellow card at best. Both teams got away with their fouling, dont say that cross were more cynical than st b's.

Most cynical is very different to saying it was the only cynical foul.
The two instances of Cross players dropping knees into players on the ground were equally deserving of red cards, but I suppose that's just part of doing "whatever it takes" as well?
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Take of the Armagh tinted glasses GF - Cross pulled several cynical stunts yesterday most notably the dropping the knees on the chest, and with two minutes to go the tackles the Cross men were putting in would not be out of place in the Aviva stadium tomorrow.

It wasnt a great game of football and i am sure Nemo Rangers and Kilmacud are kicking themselves at the thought of what might , have been, but I applaud Crossmaglen and in particular their management team who have achieved this all in their first season.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:14 pm

bocerty wrote:Take of the Armagh tinted glasses GF - Cross pulled several cynical stunts yesterday most notably the dropping the knees on the chest, and with two minutes to go the tackles the Cross men were putting in would not be out of place in the Aviva stadium tomorrow.

It wasnt a great game of football and i am sure Nemo Rangers and Kilmacud are kicking themselves at the thought of what might , have been, but I applaud Crossmaglen and in particular their management team who have achieved this all in their first season.
dont you get bored of saying that boc....at what point did I say cross were angels?...I'm not defending cross I'm saying that st brigids committed the most cynical tackle of the game, look at the reports. Cross are a team that will win at all costs, thats why they are great.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:19 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
bocerty wrote:Take of the Armagh tinted glasses GF - Cross pulled several cynical stunts yesterday most notably the dropping the knees on the chest, and with two minutes to go the tackles the Cross men were putting in would not be out of place in the Aviva stadium tomorrow.

dont you get bored of saying that boc....at what point did I say cross were angels?...I'm not defending cross I'm saying that st brigids committed the most cynical tackle of the game, look at the reports. Cross are a team that will win at all costs, thats why they are great.

not really GF - IMO you implied St Brigids were a 'dirtier' team than Cross which is far from the truth, they committed more cynical fouls, the severity of which is hard to measure but dropping two knees on a mans chest with full force must rank quite high up the list.

Winning at all costs doesnt exactly make a team great does it????????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:26 pm

bocerty wrote:Winning at all costs doesnt exactly make a team great does it????????

Wow ... just wow! Razz Razz Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bocerty wrote:Winning at all costs doesnt exactly make a team great does it????????

Yeah that's exactly what I thought.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:31 pm

bocerty wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:

not really GF - IMO you implied St Brigids were a 'dirtier' team than Cross which is far from the truth, they committed more cynical fouls, the severity of which is hard to measure but dropping two knees on a mans chest with full force must rank quite high up the list.

Winning at all costs doesnt exactly make a team great does it????????

No, I was saying that st brigids are not completely innocent. And same for cross

As for winning at all costs, sport is competitive nobody wants to lose. While it might not sit well with some people it is now a part of sport.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:13 am

Christ... them tyronies are as BITTER!
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Ah now Jayo, we don't have to bring up Dublin's last 2 all-irelands again do we!

Leaving aside the slagging, Boc is right though. Sport is about more than just racking up statistics for the archives - it is about creating memories, and that is not done through cynical fouling, time-wasting and the likes.

Cross are an exceptional club and deserve great credit, but they are not exactly a side for the purists.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next