GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club championship football....Last Four.

+2
OMAR
Boxtyeater
6 posters

Go down

Club championship football....Last Four. Empty Club championship football....Last Four.

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Cusack Park Mullingar hosts the semi-finals of this wonderful event on Sunday. I shall be in attendance, hopefully. The betting:

Crossmaglen 2/5
Dr.Crokes 4/7
Ballymun Kickhams 7/4
St.Bridgets 5/2

Depending on the refeering allocation and fair play all round, I think Kiltoom will have enough for Cross and perhaps Crokes will overcome Ballymun.
Crossmaglen are the finest of club sides IMO, playing it in a fashion (direct) that I endorse, but this time, I think, Kiltoom will have their cloth cut to suit.
Killarney will have the Gooch, (worth 5+) maybe enough to turn over Ballymun although I wouldn't begrudge them a final day.

Discuss:
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Club championship football....Last Four. Empty Re: Club championship football....Last Four.

Post  OMAR Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:17 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Cusack Park Mullingar hosts the semi-finals of this wonderful event on Sunday. I shall be in attendance, hopefully. The betting:

Crossmaglen 2/5
Dr.Crokes 4/7
Ballymun Kickhams 7/4
St.Bridgets 5/2

Depending on the refeering allocation and fair play all round, I think Kiltoom will have enough for Cross and perhaps Crokes will overcome Ballymun.
Crossmaglen are the finest of club sides IMO, playing it in a fashion (direct) that I endorse, but this time, I think, Kiltoom will have their cloth cut to suit.
Killarney will have the Gooch, (worth 5+) maybe enough to turn over Ballymun although I wouldn't begrudge them a final day.

Discuss:

The bookies margin on that offering would Cover the sceptic tank charge for the population of leitrim
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Club championship football....Last Four. Empty Re: Club championship football....Last Four.

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 pm

If I could get away with the septic tank charge I wouldn't give a fook........

It's the skewed tangent the piping past said septic tank took circa 05 that has me worried.....

Mercifully, there's been a great growth of briars, whins and boughalás in suspect areas.. Wink Wink

Meanwhile, on the issue of wind turbines.... pale
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:20 am

I hope you don't think you are gettng a double header in Mullingar there old man - the Mun will be alighting on Thurles - many of them on Friday night.

Crokes would be favourites and have more pedigree - and the Gooch. But Ballymun are a good young team who have constantly beaten the odds - ask Portlaoise and Kilmacud. They have a very astute manager in Paul Curran and are a hard working group. James McCarthy is a real midfield dynamo ably assisted by Davy Byrne. They have a solid defence incl Dubs Philly McMahon and Alan Hubbard and guys up front who know where the posts are - Dean Rock and Ted Furman - and a player who has really stood out for me in the Mun's campaign in Jason Whelan.

The other will be a tight affair but I have a feeling Brigid's will upset the odds and take it.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:16 am

Hi lads

Previews of the Dr Crokes vs Ballymun (with video) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and St Brigid's vs Cross [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] games now up.

Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:50 pm

I've lost a 5 paragraph post FFS.

Small crowd in Thurles. Brigids met fire with fire and triumphed. Cake Curran is some man. MOTM wrongly called, Aaron Kernan or David McKenna.
The Mun eclipsed Crokes who looked flat and unfit. Mun forwards lack cohesion, should have bagged 4-16 there against poor backs. Cooper lacks fitness I fear, no threat 50yds out. MOTM, wrong again. Philly McMahon a clear winner.

Kerry football is finished...... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Parouisa wrote:IBut Ballymun are a good young team who have constantly beaten the odds - ask Portlaoise and Kilmacud..................

The other will be a tight affair but I have a feeling Brigid's will upset the odds and take it.

Hope ye got on the nice double lads ...
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:05 pm

Cross game was very niggly, granted i didnt see an awful lot of it but it looked like a real war of attrition the bit i did see. Football certainly didnt look to be the priority for either side.

Caught a few minutes of the other game today looked to be a better game from a viewing perspective. Some very tenacious and well timed tackling from the Dublin lads, there was a lad wearing 24 and he put in a few great tackles in the bit i seen.

Should be an interesting final!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:31 pm

bocerty wrote:Cross game was very niggly, granted i didnt see an awful lot of it but it looked like a real war of attrition the bit i did see. Football certainly didnt look to be the priority for either side.

Caught a few minutes of the other game today looked to be a better game from a viewing perspective. Some very tenacious and well timed tackling from the Dublin lads, there was a lad wearing 24 and he put in a few great tackles in the bit i seen.

Yerrah! It was hardly niggly, more lazy tackling. The fall on his ****, when side-footed, by Domican, when he threw the leg typfied the manevolance of the contest. Kiltoom have learned the "Fakey" stuff viz. Cake indulges in his famous buck-leppery act, waving fists,
buck-leppin' and roaring blasphemous incantations.....Carragher (much like most Leitrim folk, transform desire into reality and plant the daft kunt) but gets caught.....

In fairness, after all the years at the top, the loss of Oisín and Paul Kernan seemed to affect their game. The replacements, one of whom was the un-fit Aaron Cunningham were incredolous. Their defeat in no way diminishes my opinion of Aaron Kernan....9+

Senan Kilbride, as a go/to guy, a long-ball claimant, a quick-thinker, a scoring machine, remains the best forward in it...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:32 am

St Brigids v Crossmaglen was the best of the two semi finals, Dr Crokes v Ballymun only got interesting in the last 10-15 mins.

I thought Senan Kilbride didn't play as well as he can probably because Cross did a better job marking him than they did in 2011 final. IMO number 12 Cathal McHugh was the best forward on display (one of the 2006 Roscommon minors i understand) scored two good points,made the first goal and won number of frees for his team. The team that wanted it more won it fair play to Brigids but Cross will certainly be back again.

Should be a good final both scoring well and not giving much away at the back i think Brigids time has come and should win by a point or two.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:00 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
bocerty wrote:Cross game was very niggly, granted i didnt see an awful lot of it but it looked like a real war of attrition the bit i did see. Football certainly didnt look to be the priority for either side.

Yerrah! It was hardly niggly, more lazy tackling. The fall on his ****, when side-footed, by Domican, when he threw the leg typfied the manevolance of the contest. Kiltoom have learned the "Fakey" stuff viz. Cake indulges in his famous buck-leppery act, waving fists,
buck-leppin' and roaring blasphemous incantations.....Carragher (much like most Leitrim folk, transform desire into reality and plant the daft kunt) but gets caught.....

In fairness, after all the years at the top, the loss of Oisín and Paul Kernan seemed to affect their game. The replacements, one of whom was the un-fit Aaron Cunningham were incredolous. Their defeat in no way diminishes my opinion of Aaron Kernan....9+

Senan Kilbride, as a go/to guy, a long-ball claimant, a quick-thinker, a scoring machine, remains the best forward in it...

i only seen a few minutes Boxty and the bit i seen was niggly enough but perhaps thats not a fair reflection on the game at all - apologies if it painted the wrong picture.

Is lazy tackling not another name for niggly!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:53 am

Later than planned, my tactical analysis of how St Brigid's adopted a lot from Basketball (and I'm not talking hand-passing) to beat Crossmaglen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:28 pm

And here's my take on Ballymun's win over Dr Crokes with illustrations [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi lads,

Finally got video together analysing St Brigid's and Cross. You can check it out here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:10 pm

almost a week has gone by since Oisin announced his retirement from the game and not a mention of it on here............................
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Oisin who?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Must be this man, a top forward to be fair. Accurate, possessed of a good temprement and a solid grafter who has an enviable collection of medals to his name. Possibly the top marksman in Ulster c/ship. Oisin McConville owes Armagh or Cross nothing.

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down