GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Club Championship Betting

+2
hurlingguru
tc09731
6 posters

Go down

All Ireland Club Champions

All Ireland Club Championship Betting Tag1043%All Ireland Club Championship Betting Tag10 43% 
[ 3 ]
All Ireland Club Championship Betting Tag1043%All Ireland Club Championship Betting Tag10 43% 
[ 3 ]
All Ireland Club Championship Betting Tag1014%All Ireland Club Championship Betting Tag10 14% 
[ 1 ]
All Ireland Club Championship Betting Tag100%All Ireland Club Championship Betting Tag10 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

All Ireland Club Championship Betting Empty All Ireland Club Championship Betting

Post  tc09731 Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Hello all!

I'm just wondering what way people think the club championship is going to go?
I half think O Loughlin Gaels are worth a serious punt at 4/5. I say this taking the other three teams in the championship into consideration;

I don't think the Ulster champions Loughgiel Shamrocks have enough to go the whole way.

I saw Clarinbridge in a recent challenge match and wasn't impressed with there standard of hurling. Also while not intending to take anything away from them I think they were lucky to get out of Galway. Credit them with coming through a few tight games in the latter stages but if the came up against O Loughlin Gaels in a tight dog fight I think the Kilkenny outfit would come out on top.

I see De la Salle as the main contenders to the Gaels. They have great heart and good fight in them. The memory of the trouncing they got from Portumna a few years back might give them extra motivation to avoid a similar result. John Mullane is one of the top 5 dangerous forwards and is potentially unmarkable, he is also a talismanic figure so a goal from him at the right time could be worth more than 3 points. However I recall the Munster Final against Thurles Sarsfields which the won by a narrow margin, this was a very disappointing low scoring game. The Sars didn't turn up which they are liable to doing now and again. The De La Salle forwards apart from Mullane seemed underwhelming.

The reason I fancy O Loughlin Gaels so strongly is their performance in the Kilkenny Co. Final. I watched that game shortly after seeing the Tipp final and the difference in physicality and intensity was huge, this was also in some way down to good refereeing in Kilkenny, the man in black just threw it in and let them at it. I was so impressed with the Gaels after the final I considered backing them then but I had heard good things about Oulart the Ballagh so I left it. The Gaels also have leaders in Brian Hogan and Martin Comerford in vital postions in their side as well as a good free taker.

I'm interested to see what public opinion is like or if anyone has heard anything from the team camps. I think there could be money to be made here.

tc09731
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Club Championship Betting Empty Re: All Ireland Club Championship Betting

Post  hurlingguru Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:34 pm

I don't mean to be rude or anything but I think its a very poor All Ireland Club Championship. O'Loughlin Gales are a class act when they play to their capacity but that has happened in a while. I'm not at all impressed with De La Salle. They have many failings and when they come against a good team like against Portumna they are exposed. I honestly don't know how Portumna didn't win the Galway County Championship. I didn't get to see the Galway Co Final but I believe it was very poor.

Don't know much about Loughiel Shamrocks. They were totally dominated in the Antrim Co Final but still won by a point. That shows they took there chances. They won the Ulster final fairly handy but having Liam Watson full forward anything can happen.

Overall I haven't a clue and will be keeping my money in my pocket.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Club Championship Betting Empty Re: All Ireland Club Championship Betting

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:00 pm

tc09731 wrote:Hello all!

I'm just wondering what way people think the club championship is going to go?
I half think O Loughlin Gaels are worth a serious punt at 4/5. I say this taking the other three teams in the championship into consideration;

Firstly, as nobody else has had the courtesy to welcome you to the site before now, let me bid you a hearty welcome. An insightful opening post leaves you in the somewhat invidious position of having to maintain this standard, so feel free to blast away.
Before addressing the substance of your post a kindly word of advice....RMD is the King man here, what he says goes...and that's final!!!!!
On peril of your continuing existence here do not, repeat, do not fall foul of RMD... affraid

I don't personally think that at 4/5 OLG represent value. DLS, given their experience and committment, will be a force to be reckoned with, even if Mullane fails to fire on all cylinders. He's sure to draw two shadows to him for the duration of any game, thus leaving a free man and space somewhere. ClB have come out of Galway fully on merit and were Port still left in the competition would be roaring favourites.
Loughgiel are representing Antrim, a county with more titles in all sports from hurling to kick-boxing than any other province combined and cannot be underestimated. Patrique will fill you in on the combined totals by way of Excel/Spreadsheet later should you wish.

OLG at 4/5..hmmmm....not for me.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Welcome TC. I'd like to see either Clarinbridge or DLS do it (there's just something very "GAA" about Mullane Laughing ). Head would say Gaels though but what's the fun in that. I went up for the club finals last year and the hurling didn't live up to expectations. Maybe I'll spin up again this year to watch the oyster eaters pick up the cup!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:05 am

Sorry or not welcoming you! Embarassed
Welcome!

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:11 am

Loughiel have a top, top class goalie in D.Quinn. The current county goalie, O'Connell is the sub. (says something about Antrim and club v County)

A few years ago when Antrim did really well at minor, we had three emerging "stars" called Neil. Neil McAulay plays for Loughiel.

County centre back Johnny Campbell, a long serving stalwart who is a particular favourite of mine as he never lets anyone down, even when making daft mistakes LOL, is there. and a few Scullions who hurl now and again for the county.

Strong, very strong, defence, but alas the scoring threat for the last ten years has been Winker.

Liam watson. A toss up between him and Mullane as the best forward left in the competition. Winker is miles ahead of Mullame for skill and first touch, but Mullane is more level headed and pleasent!!!!!Winker recently playing soccer for Donegal Celtic in the Irish league got sent off after 15 SECONDS against Coleraine.

So Mullane might be more reliable these days as Winker has also lost a touch of that lightning pace which set him apart, certainly in Ulster.Mind you, he did manage 6 from play against Cork in the championship this year......

I expect the Gaels to beat them, but Loughiel are past WINNERS of this competition.......
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:16 am

Neil McGarry plays for Loughiel. Neil McAulay is ballycastle and antrim, and the star man himself, Neil McManus, Cushendall and Antrim.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:24 am

Neil a fhios agam....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:45 pm

De La salle by the way needed a lot of luck and extra time to beat Cushendall a few years back...can't see them beating Clarinbridge.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down