GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Joe Canning thread for Mossbags

+15
mullins
bocerty
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
scoopmine
3inarow08
SamiPremier08
Boxtyeater
johnnos bulls
clash-of-da-ash
mossbags
lino_de_legend
oisinboy
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Joe Canning thread for Mossbags - Page 3 Empty Re: The Joe Canning thread for Mossbags

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:39 pm

Now Galway's all time top scorer in the championship after just 4 seasons, he passed out PJ Molloy during the Cork game.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

The Joe Canning thread for Mossbags - Page 3 Empty Re: The Joe Canning thread for Mossbags

Post  mossbags Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:A handpass.
There there, It's ok to be wrong sometimes mate
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Richie Hogan has been doing that move for years without the fanfare
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:07 pm

The Puke wrote:Richie Hogan has been doing that move for years without the fanfare
Sweet, 2 birds with one stone Razz
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:41 am

Touch of class - lovely to see players produce moments of magic and this was one. King Henry would have approved. Worth paying in to see these gems. Go hana mhaith ar fad Joe!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:48 am

Was a great piece of skill alright - had to watch it a few times to see just exactly what he done.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:08 pm

mossbags wrote:
The Puke wrote:Richie Hogan has been doing that move for years without the fanfare
Sweet, 2 birds with one stone Razz

How did hayes end up with 2 hurleys, that was better than cannings pass..

i thought
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue May 22, 2012 10:26 pm

don't youtube videos embed here anymore whats the story?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed May 23, 2012 8:21 am

Simpleton alert.....You need to go to Share....Embed....Copy the shaded gibberish.....move to the video section of the forum and paste as usual. It improves the presentation to the forum if you sorta trim off the [youtube] pieces at the both ends....

Bags, if Boxty can manage it surely to God you can.....The Joe Canning thread for Mossbags - Page 3 Food-s73
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed May 23, 2012 9:27 am

Don't blame mossbags, blame his upbringing
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed May 23, 2012 5:09 pm

I have unearth some rare unseen footage of the great one that will have ye all frothing at yer respective hay chewin' mouths Basketball
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Wed May 23, 2012 8:34 pm

A story I heard of young Joe.

Out for pints one night he was crossing the road to catch a taxi. He managed to lose one of highly shiney white adidas runners on the trip. It was picked up by a passer by who shouted at him. Joe replied sure I get get a new pair anytime and threw the other runner at him. I'd say its grown a few legs by the time I heard but it made me smile!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed May 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Half the intruders in Leinster are already gone .... the others may not be far behind.

And its a few stone Joe needs to lose ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Wed May 23, 2012 11:07 pm

i really thought he would be one of the greats,but hes not even close at the moment
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:21 pm

A solid free-taker nonetheless...Eddie Keher comes to mind, knock the handy one's over all day.

No Joe Cooney all the same.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:11 pm

All Hail the new High King of Leinster
The Joe Canning thread for Mossbags - Page 3 00061e95-642
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Mossbags in full flow on another forum..... Modesty becomes him greatly.  Wink  Wink 
Joe's levelling point will live long, fabulous lift and strike from almost an acute angle. Galway will come on a ton from this game. Referee Johnny Ryan had a nightmare.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Mossbags in full flow on another forum..... Modesty becomes him greatly.  Wink  Wink 
Joe's levelling point will live long, fabulous lift and strike from almost an acute angle. Galway will come on a ton from this game. Referee Johnny Ryan had a nightmare.

killkenny players should have put him in row z they stood of him

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:57 pm

champers wrote:
killkenny players should have put him in row z they stood of him

What Kilkenny players are you on about - half them should have been in the stand themselves, such was the poverty of their effort. Tyrrell is clearly not a c/h/b/ - apart from avoiding red cards (2), he made no impression (apart from thunderous frontal charges), JJ at fault for 2 of the last 3 goals, Kennedy anonymous, goalie shipped 5....da de da....

Cody is falling for Conor Counihane's ill-founded idealism in trying to finish with his strongest 15. The game practically in the bag, he sends on Tommy, Shefflin, Taggy and Hogan to give them game-time  pale 

Richie Hogan is now the main man for Kilkenny. TJ Reid has overcome 2 bad injuries to blossom this year, but their years of dominance are over. They need to beat Galway Saturday to avoid a bruising dog-fight the following Saturday in Tom Semple's field against another waning "giant".

Lump onto Galway.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Joe Canning is a great player. I always said he was. Whether he can continue on this path and join the great greats remains to be seen. I'd be more convinced that he would than I was a few years ago that's for sure.

What I also like about Joe is that he's not just a great hurler with a bag of tricks, he's a leader and a fierce competitor. Players used to target a young Joe and it probably took a year or two for him to get to grips with it, but he handles it all now and gives it back. He's probably at his best in games where they are a few late strokes and "coming togethers".....games like yesterday where the contest is at it's fiercest. He probably thrives on it.

I'll be surprised if by the end of his career he has not carried Galway to at least one All-Ireland. He has help there now in the shape of Conor Cooney and a few other buzzy type of forwards.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
I'll be surprised if by the end of his career he has not carried Galway to at least one All-Ireland. He has help there now in the shape of Conor Cooney and a few other buzzy type of forwards.

For a start, neither David Burke or young Mannion are up to it at this level. Glynn offers physical presence, but only off the bench IMO. Joseph Cooney would be a better option starting, along with Damian Hayes.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3