GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Canning My A**e!

+3
North Side Gael
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
7 posters

Go down

Joe Canning My A**e! Empty Joe Canning My A**e!

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:36 pm

I wasn't on all day but can't believe that nobody has mentioned Declan Hannon's exploits for Adare yesterday in the Munster Senior Hurling Semi Final v Newtownshandrum. He scored 1-13 of his team's 1-14 total - 1-09 from frees. Oh .... and he is only 16 years old!

Joe Canning my a**e!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Joe Canning My A**e! Empty Re: Joe Canning My A**e!

Post  mossbags Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:44 pm

Joe Canning My A**e! 654413 Joe Canning My A**e! 654413 Joe Canning My A**e! 654413
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:15 am

Thats some going JC, was much from play?

Must be a smashing player, with Shaughnessy unfortunate with illness which is incredably sad, limerick will need another rising star!

Wonder if anyone on here could give me an update on shaugh's i only seen it in headlines.

I was away in dongegal yesterday and didnt see a game. Trying to look at hotels with the misus for a wedding!!!!! Not bad a complimentary night up in donegal, free dinner and beers and i was thinking my bank account would take a battering with all this wedding stuff..................................watch this space!! lol
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:56 am

Quick and un-simple update on Saughs NSG, seen as you asked.
Rumours abounded for some time that he was not well. Rumours were confirmed and published by Limerick Leader, the countys local newspaper.
In the midst of all this Justin decided to announce his cull of the county panel. This, it must be stressed is a complete side issue to the fact that Saughs has MS. Justin announcing his cull of the county side was embellished by many journalists as your typical player power vs manager squabble, lazy journalism/analysis or whayever you want to call it. Many somehow made the stupid mistake of equating a sad and devestating illness that overcame a human being just like the rest of us, with a player who was getting the chop from an intercounty panel and had a grudge.
Saughs family however were said to be unhappy that his illness was broadcast without their sayso(although some within the Treaty would appear to be diputing this).
Coverage within the county has rightly ceased and certain things are discussed and certain things are not. Keep it to PMs NSG from here on.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:22 pm

4 points from play but even 1-9 from frees by a 16 year old is fairly impressive and included a blaster of a free to the net!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Sure Canning was finishing top scorer in the Galway championship at 16.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:22 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Sure Canning was finishing top scorer in the Galway championship at 16.

Yeah but that's Galway club stuff with the two clubs. Different in Limerick .... Joe Canning My A**e! Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:Sure Canning was finishing top scorer in the Galway championship at 16.

Yeah but that's Galway club stuff with the two clubs. Different in Limerick .... Joe Canning My A**e! Icon_lol

Its different in Limerick alright

Joe Canning My A**e! Majadk47_narrowweb__300x432,0
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Declan Hannon? that was me - it's the name I use when I'm abroad
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Moss, next time I'm over in Galway I have to buy you a pint or two because that last post you sent has had me crying with laughter for the last ten minutes, comedy gold mate!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Time to revive this thread.

Declan Hannon has fledged out to attaining Senior status for Limerick and has a good season, rounded off with a Munster Final victory. Bit of an off day in the s/f when things went somewhat awry for him but he's young and talented and will be the better for it.

Joe is clearly the man. I was beyond at the oul' ploughing yesterday, where the intrepid Joe had a stand, selling autographed hurls of his own making at €25 a pop. Nice work if you can get it.....

He was solidly swamped...Young lads, aul' lads, young wans', aul wans', Kilkenny wans', the full lash....

He grinned, he leapt, he looked serious, he looked goofy when the occasion demanded, all the time
glad-handling the punter as the moolah rolled in......Joe and his like are the future, entrepreneurial gurus.

Joe is a big bugger when you're beside him, but a charming lad in all fairness.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down