GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clare in Connacht

2 posters

Go down

Clare in Connacht Empty Clare in Connacht

Post  Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:42 pm

I was listening to a radio show recently and there was the topic of the county of Clare being made into a Connacht county. It was siad in the early 1600s, Clare, which was in Connact, was kicked out for not complying with the rules. Clare, subsequently was named as a Munster county and has remained so ever since.
I wouldnt mind Clare becoming a Connacht county-I love the county itself and It's people are lovely. The level of hurling played in Munster is of a high standard, but the standard of hurling in Connacht is poor. If Clare were to come into Connacht as a county, they could be entered into the connacht hurling championship and Galway could come back-hence improving the standard of hurling in Connacht. Anyway, there's lots of arguments for either side-The proposal will be made to county councils in Connacht in the near future-'tis something to look out for!!!

Back to top Go down

Clare in Connacht Empty Re: Clare in Connacht

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:31 am

EstherMayo1951 wrote:I was listening to a radio show recently and there was the topic of the county of Clare being made into a Connacht county. It was siad in the early 1600s, Clare, which was in Connact, was kicked out for not complying with the rules. Clare, subsequently was named as a Munster county and has remained so ever since.
I wouldn't mind Clare becoming a Connacht county-I love the county itself and It's people are lovely. The level of hurling played in Munster is of a high standard, but the standard of hurling in Connacht is poor. If Clare were to come into Connacht as a county, they could be entered into the connacht hurling championship and Galway could come back-hence improving the standard of hurling in Connacht. Anyway, there's lots of arguments for either side-The proposal will be made to county councils in Connacht in the near future-'tis something to look out for!!!

Esther, God-oh-God. Who would want Clare in Connacht?
A tribe of semi Spanish/Limerick rejectees/goat-eating mucksavages to squirrel into the land of:
The O'Rourke's of Breffní (Leitrim), the Gore-Booth/Countenss Marcz of Sligo:
the Graínne Wáil lands of Mayo:the men who stood with pick-axe handles shrouded in sacks at the bridge in Ballyfarnon(Roscommon)in 1922 and culminating with the the stand of Patrick Sarsfield on the bridge of Athlone (circa 1690)- no google here- to defend the West and mainly Galway.
Clare: over-run by immigrants going back 1,000 yrs.
Dr.Bamjee a TD for Clare when Paddy couldn't buy a vote.
Clare, like their Messiah, Ger Loughnane, for Van Diemen's Land. For Connacht....No and No and No.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 am

Who would want Clare?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:16 am

Guys, I meerly said 'I wouldnt mind Clare coming into connacht-not that I wanted Clare to come in! I was just expressing my own opinion-I couldnt care less what will haoppen there-just thought i'd let ye all know whats going on-youll be hearing alot more of it in 2010 when the county councils are approaced formally and there was the suggestion a referendum would be held in Connacht and Clare-i havennt actually googled it yet-I heard it on Midwest about 2 weeks ago, no harm in being aware!!!What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down