GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connolly red card

+17
mossbags
Royal_Girl2k9
samin12
3inarow08
Thomas Clarke
Real Kerry Fan
The Puke
Grenvile
mullins
hurlingguru
Jayo Cluxton
bluearmy1
Boxtyeater
hipster 2
Loyal2TheRoyal
black&white
whiterbananas
21 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Connolly red card - Page 3 Empty Re: Connolly red card

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 pm

I hope that Diarmuid gets to play in the final. It would be a tragedy if he missed it after a not too serious skirmish.No blood spilt. As I said before I saw more trouble coming down from communion. Cool
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:I hope that Diarmuid gets to play in the final. It would be a tragedy if he missed it after a not too serious skirmish.No blood spilt. As I said before I saw more trouble coming down from communion. Cool

You won't be saying that on the 19th Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:I hope that Diarmuid gets to play in the final. It would be a tragedy if he missed it after a not too serious skirmish.No blood spilt. As I said before I saw more trouble coming down from communion. Cool

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:58 pm

As expected, Diarmuid Connolly has been proposed for a four-week suspension.

Dublin County Board has received official notification from Croke Park that the full forward faces four weeks on the sideline after his sending-off with a straight red card on Sunday.

A four-week ban would rule him out of the September 18th All-Ireland SFC final but Dublin have requested a hearing before the Central Hearings Committee.

Even if the CHC decides to uphold the ban, Connolly can then go to the Central Appeals Committee in a bid to be cleared for All-Ireland duty
Crying or Very sad
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:05 pm

well i hope the dublin county board follows this up to the hilt as we have always done what the gaa have asked us , its about time we get back to the old ways
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:53 pm

If he was cleared and if he was selected I would expect Connolly to have a big game v Kerry. I actually expect the final to be quiet open and high scoring.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:04 pm

I think it'd be in be Dublin's interests to keep it tight and low scoring......If it's a shootout between forward lines, it can only be a Kerry win.

As for Connolly - a very classy operator. I'd rate him far superior to McMenamin or O'Gara.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:05 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I think it'd be in be Dublin's interests to keep it tight and low scoring......If it's a shootout between forward lines, it can only be a Kerry win.

As for Connolly - a very classy operator. I'd rate him far superior to McMenamin or O'Gara.

Maybe true but I think Kerry's defence is much weaker than ours tbh.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:11 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I think it'd be in be Dublin's interests to keep it tight and low scoring......If it's a shootout between forward lines, it can only be a Kerry win.

Maybe true but I think Kerry's defence is much weaker than ours tbh.

Dublin's system of defending is certainly a lot sounder than Kerrys. But I wouldn't expect that Dublin will get anything more than their "fair share" out of the Kerry defence. Unless everything goes amazingly well for Dublin, I don't think Kerry will concede an unusually large amount (for a Kerry defence). Therefore, question I ask myself is what can Dublin limit this explosive forward line of Kerrys to? Enough to win? I think so.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:19 pm

Gooch was the only one that shone the last day - yet they scored 1-20 - that's a worry. I think we will score well enough - I see big weaknesses in the Kerry defence and midfield too.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:38 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Gooch was the only one that shone the last day - yet they scored 1-20 - that's a worry. I think we will score well enough - I see big weaknesses in the Kerry defence and midfield too.

Yeah, the o sullivans will have a big final after their poor showing in the semi, same for donaghy. I think theyre gonna put up a massive score. Kerry midfield not great but still alot better than dublin's - bastick and mcauley are not intercounty standard. If ya can get decent odds for a kerry win by 8+ then get on it
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo
Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:17 am

mullins wrote:

What about the 18th?Nothing much happening on 19th only that I will have an unmerciful hangover on train south with Sam. Razz
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:46 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
mullins wrote:

What about the 18th?Nothing much happening on 19th only that I will have an unmerciful hangover on train south with Sam. Razz

You will be reflecting more on the 19th....On the 18th you won't have time to think because you will be getting dragged a long by the family to a celebrate a Dublin victory in a Dublin pub.. Laughing
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Connolly red card - Page 3 Empty Free the Dublin 1

Post  mullins Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:47 pm

Dublin county board are eager for the Central Hearings Committee (CHC) to hear Diarmuid Connolly's case before the weekend.

The St. Vincent's clubman is facing the prospect of missing the All-Ireland final against Kerry on September 18 after he was shown a straight red by referee Maurice Deegan - on the advice of linesman Rory Hickey - following an altercation with Marty Boyle during last Sunday's win over Donegal.

Yesterday, the Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) proposed an automatic four-week ban for Connolly, but Dublin will be appealing the decision and will use video evidence in a bid to prove that the full forward was acting in a defensive rather than aggressive manner.

Should the hearing prove unsuccessful, Connolly has the option of taking his case to the Central Appeals Committee and then to the Disputes Resolution Authority. He will be accompanied to the CHC meeting by Dublin county board chief executive John Costello.
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:When he is cleared and if he was selected I would expect Connolly to have a big game v Kerry. I actually expect the final to be quiet open and high scoring.
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:46 am

whiterbananas wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Gooch was the only one that shone the last day - yet they scored 1-20 - that's a worry. I think we will score well enough - I see big weaknesses in the Kerry defence and midfield too.

Yeah, the o sullivans will have a big final after their poor showing in the semi, same for donaghy. I think theyre gonna put up a massive score. Kerry midfield not great but still alot better than dublin's - bastick and mcauley are not intercounty standard. If ya can get decent odds for a kerry win by 8+ then get on it

Daradona never impressed me until earlier this year but he is struggling again. Dec O is pure class. Donaghy is Donaghy. As for midfield ours not half bad and would even take our replacement lads on the bench to deal with a duo of the always flakey Sheehan and the unproven Maher. They even put Star out to contest the throw ins v Mayo .... thats confidence for you ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:30 pm

they also cleaned mayo out at midfield Jayo and we have a much better midfield than dublin. Much better
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:45 pm

whiterbananas wrote:they also cleaned mayo out at midfield Jayo and we have a much better midfield than dublin. Much better

Good point but i think Dublin will put 15 men behind the ball and concede Midfield to Kerry...But if we can get 3,4 frees around the Kerry 45 that should be enough to win this game with Clucko top scorer for the day...
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:IF, and that was deliberately a big IF, the red card is over-turned, do people still expect Connelly to start the final? Would the Dubs start him?

He was about to be hauled off before he was sent off, which would have made that 3 games out of 4 he was substititued in. As outstanding as he was against Tyrone, he was awful against Donegal. He looked completely lost and frustrated, and I'd have doubts as to whether or not he would be mentally strong enough for an experienced Kerry defence.

O'Gara may not be an appealing alternative, but maybe more suitable in a horses-for-courses sort of way.

Its CONNOLLY not connelly Tc Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:29 am

whiterbananas wrote:they also cleaned mayo out at midfield Jayo and we have a much better midfield than dublin. Much better

The O'Shea bros have about as much pace as Brian the Snail from the Magic Roundabout. Seamie not the worst but Aidan has no brain - football at least ...

Foster and Allen gave a better MF display than them two boys - sorry!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:54 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
The O'Shea bros have about as much pace as Brian the Snail from the Magic Roundabout. Seamie not the worst but Aidan has no brain - football at least ...

Foster and Allen gave a better MF display than them two boys - sorry!

Oh no problem. That's your opinion. The o shea's certainly have their faults but when compared to bastick and mcauley they suddenly look outstanding. Dont know how those two boys are even playing inter county. You think AOS doesnt have a football brain......... MDM is like a bull in a china shop
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:28 am

whiterbananas wrote: You think AOS doesnt have a football brain......... MDM is like a bull in a china shop

Ok WB -- agreed - and hate to own that china shop Razz ! MDMA is a lot better than he looks trust me! And there is a brain there for sure - I think his Da is a doctor!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
whiterbananas wrote: You think AOS doesnt have a football brain......... MDM is like a bull in a china shop

Ok WB -- agreed - and hate to own that china shop Razz ! MDMA is a lot better than he looks trust me! And there is a brain there for sure - I think his Da is a doctor!!!
Frankenstein? Razz
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Daradona never impressed me until earlier this year but he is struggling again. Dec O is pure class. Donaghy is Donaghy. As for midfield ours not half bad and would even take our replacement lads on the bench to deal with a duo of the always flakey Sheehan and the unproven Maher. They even put Star out to contest the throw ins v Mayo .... thats confidence for you ...

Donaghy always contests the throw ins, doesn't matter who we're playing. He's there for his jumping/height to knock down the first ball.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Connolly to rock Croker on the 18th......Justice Very Happy
mullins
mullins