GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diarmuid Connolly - A Rosebush upon a dungheap....

3 posters

Go down

Diarmuid Connolly - A Rosebush upon a dungheap.... Empty Diarmuid Connolly - A Rosebush upon a dungheap....

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:54 pm

The title says it all.

I've been at HQ since 1956 and in the interim years I haven't witnessed a display such as Connolly's today.

Purcell dominated Padraig's father Paddy in '56, Jim McKeever wiped out the Timmons/Joyce axis in '58 and lost, Gerry O'Malley single-handedly curtailed Kerry in '62 and the aside observation of the entry of Colm O'Rourke into the final of '91 pales into insignificance.

Joe Cooney's 1st. half circa 89/90 at s/f stage versus Cork is also recallable, but nothing trumps Connolly.

I'm leaving it open for discussion:
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Diarmuid Connolly - A Rosebush upon a dungheap.... Empty Re: Diarmuid Connolly - A Rosebush upon a dungheap....

Post  Gaa_lover Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:15 am

I presume the dungheap was the Castlebar defenders or management who did a useless job marking him. Castlebar were lucky they didn't concede 8 or 9 goals one of the worst defensive displays i have ever witnessed in Croke park.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Diarmuid Connolly - A Rosebush upon a dungheap.... Empty Re: Diarmuid Connolly - A Rosebush upon a dungheap....

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm

seen something from former Dublin great Anton O' Toole over the weekend where he said it was the best individual performance in Croke Park he had ever seen.

Still havent watched the game myself but it is sitting waiting on the old Sky+
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down