GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gentle Sex....Tyrone Style:

+3
mossbags
Royal_Girl2k9
patrique
7 posters

Go down

The Gentle Sex....Tyrone Style: Empty The Gentle Sex....Tyrone Style:

Post  patrique Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:50 am

The Tyrone Ladies' Board has launched an investigation into separate attacks which left two individuals unconscious at the end of a county Football final.

The match referee was struck unconscious after St Macartan's beat Carrickmore in the decider at Beragh.

An official from the ladies' board was then also knocked out after being struck while trying to intervene.

Both men were stretchered off the field and the county board has wished them "a speedy recovery".

St Macartan's won thanks to a dramatic late goal.

A statement from the county board confirmed that there had been a "serious incident" involving county officials.

"The County Board roundly condemn the perpetrators of the assaults and confirm that a full investigation into the matter has been launched," continued the statement.

Now if the men were that hard..............don't know what Mr Spillane would make of this
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

The Gentle Sex....Tyrone Style: Empty Re: The Gentle Sex....Tyrone Style:

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:58 am

Wouldn't be into the gentle sex myself but they don't really sound too gentle at all.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:29 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:Wouldn't be into the gentle sex myself but they don't really sound too gentle at all.
REPORTED!!
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:39 pm

mossbags wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:Wouldn't be into the gentle sex myself but they don't really sound too gentle at all.
REPORTED!!

What? I'm not into ladies football and they don't sound very gentle from what Patrique said.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:28 am

This is pretty shocking stuff tbh. What TF do these guys (maybe only one guy actually) be thinking???

And the media are lapping it up too ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am

I heard it was only handbags Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Disgraceful scenes after this match on Friday night. Unfortunately the Carrickmore clubs name is being dragged through the mud by the actions of a few numb-skulls - Most of whom have never pulled on a Carmen jersey in their lives.

Reports from the match would be that the referee probably did make the wrong decision but it certainly doesn't excuse the thugs that attacked him and the Ladies Chairman. Carrickmore have been involved in several fracas over the years and whilst they might be the most successful Tyrone club and know how to celebrate, some within their support base are going to have to learn to accept defeat, swallow their pride and get on with everyday life.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:55 am

I must apologise as I was being light hearted when I started this, before I realised how serious it waqs.

Problem is you have eejits going on and on in the Sunday game examining minor referee decisions, such as Dublin V Kildare last Sunday, as though it was important. In soccer the like of Sir Alex Ferguson and most of the others never give over.

So it is hardly surprising that some eejits are going to go too far.

Soccer managers, and GAA pundits, should shut up. About referees.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:01 am

mugsys_barber wrote:Disgraceful scenes after this match on Friday night. Unfortunately the Carrickmore clubs name is being dragged through the mud by the actions of a few numb-skulls - Most of whom have never pulled on a Carmen jersey in their lives.

Reports from the match would be that the referee probably did make the wrong decision but it certainly doesn't excuse the thugs that attacked him and the Ladies Chairman. Carrickmore have been involved in several fracas over the years and whilst they might be the most successful Tyrone club and know how to celebrate, some within their support base are going to have to learn to accept defeat, swallow their pride and get on with everyday life.

sadly Mugsy some of the perpetrators in the past have been well decorated carmen players - i had the misfortune of doing the line in a match between the same two teams about 3-4 years ago and Carrickmore won it easy but the abuse they dished out to the ref that night was a disgrace. As we all know this is almost the norm with this club when they get beat - if i had a pound for every time i seen them instigate a row when they were beat or getting beat i would be a wealthy man - i can even remember quite a few eyars ago were a ref was followed into the changing rooms after a championship defeat and assaulted.

the sad thing is they will get away with this incident too ..................
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:54 am

bocerty wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:Disgraceful scenes after this match on Friday night. Unfortunately the Carrickmore clubs name is being dragged through the mud by the actions of a few numb-skulls - Most of whom have never pulled on a Carmen jersey in their lives.

sadly Mugsy some of the perpetrators in the past have been well decorated carmen players - i had the misfortune of doing the line in a match between the same two teams about 3-4 years ago and Carrickmore won it easy but the abuse they dished out to the ref that night was a disgrace. As we all know this is almost the norm with this club when they get beat - if i had a pound for every time i seen them instigate a row when they were beat or getting beat i would be a wealthy man - i can even remember quite a few eyars ago were a ref was followed into the changing rooms after a championship defeat and assaulted.

the sad thing is they will get away with this incident too ..................

I remember them objecting when they lost to Gortnamona in the Ulster Intermediate Hurling final over something daft.

I know Carmen rate themselves in the physical stakes but the Gorts are something else, could have been serious trouble involving opening up concrete sealed dumps.......

And the Gorts beat them again, in the replayed game.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down