GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerry GT News

+18
bocerty
mugsys_barber
Parouisa
GAA-Fan
hipster 2
RMDrive
ollie
Podger
OMAR
The Puke
3inarow08
Jayo Cluxton
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
long.dub.glic
Boxtyeater
mullins
Real Kerry Fan
22 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Kerry GT News - Page 6 Empty Re: Kerry GT News

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:56 pm

I agree Box. The story about the civil war/Kerry football has been well documented over the years. Politician local votes etc. Rolling Eyes
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 am

Doesn't he spin a yarn about getting Sam back when it went missing in the US? And I don't think Pickles found it either!!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:11 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:I agree Box. The story about the civil war/Kerry football has been well documented over the years. Politician local votes etc. Rolling Eyes

Beautiful John Egan-esque sidestep from RKF, skillfully avoiding the on-rushing monorail ....Cute Kerry hoors and all that.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Real Kerry Fan wrote:I agree Box. The story about the civil war/Kerry football has been well documented over the years. Politician local votes etc. Rolling Eyes

Beautiful John Egan-esque sidestep from RKF, skillfully avoiding the on-rushing monorail ....Cute Kerry hoors and all that.
Parish rail politics. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:29 am

RKF slipping up in matters of importance here....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:35 am

Boxtyeater wrote:RKF slipping up in matters of importance here....

And these bucks were in the Junior Club last year..? scratch

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:RKF slipping up in matters of importance here....

And these bucks were in the Junior Club last year..? scratch

Swad were lucky then so that the great man took a year off.... affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:12 pm

Well Box I have arrived in the deep south. Saw the great man today in Cahirciveen.Just nodded towards him and he smiled and I knew we are going to have the oldest supersub in history next year if he and Jack resolve their difference. Pity he did not play in juniorfinal tjis year. seriously when Maurice and Fizmaurice were main players in divisional finals this year is a poor reflection of Kerry football. Well we will see maybe the oldest team in history capturing Sam this year. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Kindergarden compared to these warriors

Rumour has it that Manus was due to be called back into the county panel but stasitical analysis of the 92 final showed he spend 45% of the time inside the opposition 65 which clearly rules him out as a no. 15.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Disturbing tales doing the rounds of a former county footballer having bouts of amnesia, particularly at a specific filling station in the South Midlands....Two fills of diesel remained unpaid and when "accosted" attempting the hat-trick (tank filled and paying for sandwich Laughing ) blustered and blathered to bate the band......
Not good.....

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Disturbing tales doing the rounds of a former county footballer having bouts of amnesia, particularly at a specific filling station in the South Midlands....Two fills of diesel remained unpaid and when "accosted" attempting the hat-trick (tank filled and paying for sandwich Laughing ) blustered and blathered to bate the band......
Not good.....

Which of the Cork lads is it? Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:Disturbing tales doing the rounds of a former county footballer having bouts of amnesia, particularly at a specific filling station in the South Midlands....Two fills of diesel remained unpaid and when "accosted" attempting the hat-trick (tank filled and paying for sandwich Laughing ) blustered and blathered to bate the band......
Not good.....

Now now RKF....The appropriate information is in the correct thread..... affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Real Kerry Fan wrote:
Not good.....

Now now RKF....The appropriate information is in the correct thread..... affraid

Dont believe it. Cant see any decent Kerryman entering a petrol station when he normally uses the red diesel. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:43 pm

So another has decided to hang up his boots. Tommy Griffin was one of my favourite players over the past 12 years. He was ravaged by injuries but kept coming back and never let us down in midfield or defence. Won 5 All Ireland medals and I reckon would have knocked this year out of it as he says only for the injuries. Enjoy your retirement Tommy, you owe nobody anything and hopefully I will have a pint in your pub(if still open) soon. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Well how does the Gooch expect to regain his place? Kildare transfer in the news I heard tonight. Smile
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:47 pm

RKF Kerry had one decent player in 2011 who single-handely guided them to an All-Ireland final and for a period in the second half of that game, looked like doing the impossible and actually winning the competition by himself. Alas Dublin's 15 were better than Kerry's 1. He'll walk back into the team and as usual, it'll be left to himself to drag Kerry through to Croke Park.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:42 pm

Loyal I would use him as an impact sub. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Suprising news coming from Kerry with the re-retirement of Sean O'Sullivan. The surprise in this is that O'Sullivan came out of retirement a couple of months ago, and started both Kerry's NFL games to date.

I always thought Sean O'Sullivan to be an average player - lightning fast when he was young, but not much more to him than that. I was shocked to see him come out of retirement in the first place, and equally so to see him making Kerry's first 2 line-ups.

In fairness to Sean, he obviously has a better understanding of what he can/can't do than Jack O'Connor, and has removed himself from the squad after realising that he can no longer contribute at the top level. A poor decision by O'Connor to invite him back, and he has been bailed out by the player himself. All the best in your second retirement, Sean.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:33 pm

TC. It was a major surprise that Sean Sullivan came back at all. Played quite well in the County Championship in 2011 but had a poor final and was taken off. May have had an agreement with Jack and selectors, Give me a run and see how it goes. Two bad displays and gone. Good luck Sean as you gave good service over the years and often did create an impact as sub.
I would say that the panel will be pared down after the league but the younger players must be given their head in the remaining matches or we could suffer the consequences in the summer. Cant depend on the older lads forever.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 pm

If the Kerry management developed some kind of 3D glasses that made all opposition look like they were wearing Dublin jerseys at least you'd get 100% effort for EVERY game .... Evil or Very Mad
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote: I would say that the panel will be pared down after the league but the younger players must be given their head in the remaining matches or we could suffer the consequences in the summer. Cant depend on the older lads forever.

I totally agree RKF. As Kerry did in last September's AIF, in 2010 Tyrone lost a championship match to Dublin that they probably should have won. Getting close seemed to convince Mickey Harte that he could go back the following year with the older fellas again, but it quickly became apparent that he couldn't. Judging by his early team selections, O'Connor also believes there is one more All-Ireland in his older players. I'm pretty sure that there isn't, at least, not with them all on the field together.

Jack has to introduce more youth, even if he isn't convinced by them just yet. A defence with all of Marc, Tomas, Brosnan and O'Mahony will not be good enough (on that subject, I can't remember if Tom O'Sullivan has decided to come back or retire?). Similarly, Scanlon and Galvin have started sluggishly, while Star has had one good game in 3 years. Kerry strangely didn't play in the Walsh Cup, which would have been a good chance to see new faces. Now, with Donnacha Walsh and Cooper to return in attack, the window for trying new players is closing.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Sam 12 wrote: in 2010 Tyrone lost a championship match to Dublin that they probably should have won.

And 2011 probably too ...... Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 pm

No, in 2011 we were well beaten by a better side.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Suprising news coming from Kerry with the re-retirement of Sean O'Sullivan. The surprise in this is that O'Sullivan came out of retirement a couple of months ago, and started both Kerry's NFL games to date.

I always thought Sean O'Sullivan to be an average player - lightning fast when he was young, but not much more to him than that. I was shocked to see him come out of retirement in the first place, and equally so to see him making Kerry's first 2 line-ups.

In fairness to Sean, he obviously has a better understanding of what he can/can't do than Jack O'Connor, and has removed himself from the squad after realising that he can no longer contribute at the top level. A poor decision by O'Connor to invite him back, and he has been bailed out by the player himself. All the best in your second retirement, Sean.

funnily enough having watched both of Kerrys league games to date and watching O'Sullivan being withdrawn before half time in both if my memory serves me right i remarked to a mate of mine that it wouldnt surprise me to see O'Sullivan pull out of the Kerry panel. He certainly wasnt alone in being rubbish against Armagh on Saturday night and would rightly be aggrieved at being the only one withdrawn but for me he never really showed anything that would make you think he could make it as a regular on the Kerry team.

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Sean asked for a chance. Jack and the boys gave him and it did not work out. Sean said bye and the best of luck to him. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next