GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerry GT News

+18
bocerty
mugsys_barber
Parouisa
GAA-Fan
hipster 2
RMDrive
ollie
Podger
OMAR
The Puke
3inarow08
Jayo Cluxton
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
long.dub.glic
Boxtyeater
mullins
Real Kerry Fan
22 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Kerry GT News - Page 5 Empty Re: Kerry GT News

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Very tragic story of a full of life good lad and footballer. I believe the news is grim. Very hard on his family.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:11 pm

Just heard the sad news that Brendan passed away today. Truly a very sad week for us with two young footballers taken down in their prime. R.I.P.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Sad news RKF. Nobody should be taken as young as 28. Rest In Peace Brendan.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Sad news indeed. RIP.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Bad news indeed, an all too frequent tragedy....R.I.P. Brendan.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:58 pm

On the wireless today Dara O'Cinnéide, for whom I'd have much respect, tentatively tipped Mid-Kerry to overturn Crokes tomorrow....
Dara's view was that Mid-Kerry were well balanced, for an amalgam of mediocre clubs, and every selection was justifiable....

Mid-Kerry is a fair tract of land all the same.... pale
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Dara got that fairly wrong alright.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:57 am

Boxtyeater wrote:On the wireless today Dara O'Cinnéide, for whom I'd have much respect, tentatively tipped Mid-Kerry to overturn Crokes tomorrow....
Dara's view was that Mid-Kerry were well balanced, for an amalgam of mediocre clubs, and every selection was justifiable....

Mid-Kerry is a fair tract of land all the same.... pale

Not much of a tract of land. Glenbeigh to Cromane = 10 miles. Then as Kilorglin is excluded on the other side about 8 miles Milltown/Castlemaine. Sin Sin.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:29 pm

I was very sorry to hear about Brendan "Bawnie" O' Driscoll's untimely death. My thoughts and prayers are with his mum and dad, brothers and sister, may he rest in peace.

Last edited by mugsys_barber on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:29 pm

awful news indeed, though it seems to be more and more frequent that we hear such news. Thoughts and prayers are with his family friends and team mates, may he rest in peace.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:38 am

I see Kerry have a new crest. Judging by the spokesman's comments below they seem to think that Kerry GAA is a brand!! Imagine ....

KERRY GAA chiefs have revealed their new crest, right, which will feature on all of the county jerseys, sportswear and official merchandise from 2012 onwards.

The development of the new logo is in attempt to protect commercial and merchandising rights as the board had been unable to secure copyright on the existing crest. A Kerry spokesman said that the design incorporated aspects of the county’s history: "A traditional looking crest was the preferred style but a with a clean, sharp, contemporary look.

"Green and gold dominate the design which features elements that represent the county: Kerry’s people, landscape, flora, fauna and artistry. Each component was carefully chosen, illustrated, and blended together to make a cohesive composition that is attractive to the eye and practical to reproduce in the many different applications required of a modern GAA county crest.

"The work was carried out by The Design Gang, a Tralee-based design studio with extensive experience in sports brand development."

Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:49 am

So much for agreeing to differ. Your desire to constantly have the last word (or, in this case add a further comment to the previous last word that you already had) is what gets you into tangles on here.

And talking of last words, the last word in the article you just quoted was 'development'. It doesn't claim that there is a brand already there and, even if it did, I would beg to differ, for the reasons that I tried to explain to you on the Dublin thread. There are no so blind as those who don't want to see....

Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:37 pm

I don't get into any tangles here and you obviously have not any ounce of humour in your body preferring to be the (self-appointed) oracle of all knowledge on every subject which is a bit wearying - but obviously not for you.

As you bring up the thread on Dublin development would you prefer to revisit your first comments on it when you said Dublin Co Board were demanding this and that when they clearly were not. More lies.

You zoom in on the word 'Development' and try to indicate that this means that something is new???? More nonsense from you. But as usual you divert away from things where you are wrong and try to nitpick on other issues to divert. As I say, all a bit wearying.

Anyway back to the issue - congratulations to the Kerry Board on their crest initaitive which will promote the well established Kerry GAA brand even further.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Your desire to constantly have the last word

Pot kettle black ..... Rolling Eyes

When you're wrong take it on the chin lad - the hole only gets bigger the more you dig.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Indeed, it is a shame that I don't have your knowledge of what a brand is, as evidenced on...oh, wait, you didn't actually know what the Dublin brand was, despite claiming that there was one. Your ignorance should be embarrassing for you, were you able to recognise it. I've tried to point it out, but my attempts at educating have fallen on deaf ears.

For an otherwise decent fella, you seem to be very petty, and unable to let things go. We've seen it in your multiple walk-outs from multiple forums. My mistake was to agree with the consensus that Tyrone left the 2010 all-ireland quarter final against Dublin behind them and, unfortunately, have not been forgiven for this perceived attack on the Dubs. Others have made similar mistakes, although maybe you wouldn't call them tangles.

Anyway, I'll leave it here as there is no point in ruining every thread with this, and also because I'm sure we both have better things that we can be doing with our lives than squabbling on here.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Podger Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:45 pm

some hypocricy from the Tyron man here
Podger
Podger
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Kildare
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Just seen the new crest and i love it, it looks brilliant and will be great for brand merchandising and looks fantastic on the shirt.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Indeed, it is a shame that I don't have your knowledge of what a brand is, as evidenced on...oh, wait, you didn't actually know what the Dublin brand was, despite claiming that there was one. Your ignorance should be embarrassing for you, were you able to recognise it. I've tried to point it out, but my attempts at educating have fallen on deaf ears.

For an otherwise decent fella, you seem to be very petty, and unable to let things go. We've seen it in your multiple walk-outs from multiple forums. My mistake was to agree with the consensus that Tyrone left the 2010 all-ireland quarter final against Dublin behind them and, unfortunately, have not been forgiven for this perceived attack on the Dubs. Others have made similar mistakes, although maybe you wouldn't call them tangles.

Anyway, I'll leave it here as there is no point in ruining every thread with this, and also because I'm sure we both have better things that we can be doing with our lives than squabbling on here.

Your ignorance on brands is breathtaking even in the face of proof and my posts explaining same no point in continuing this one. There are those who do not see and those who cannot see and those who won't accept what they see - c'est la vie.

You keep harping on about walkouts, other forums etc - I cannot for the life of me see the relevance of them when discussing Dublin Co Board plans, branding, Donegal discipline etc - other than to attempt to divert or to skew arguments - one of your chief weapons.

And now you throw something about 2010 into the mix. I think that really points to you having the problem tbh. I am not sad enough to remember posts from over a year ago let along carry a grudge or something - I'm sad but not that sad. Get rid off the chip man.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Thomas Clarke fairly cleaning house here
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:24 pm

The Puke wrote:Thomas Clarke fairly cleaning house here

The other stalker wades in! Rolling Eyes Razz
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Was going to comment on the new crest but sure its great fun seeing Tyrone,Dublin and Clare having a good old row on a Kerry thread. Shocked
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Wherever I go they will surely follow .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Sad to hear the news of the death of a great,Dr. Jim Brosnan. Son of the legendry Con Jim won All Ireland medals in 1953,1955 and 1959. He was Chairman of the county board for a number of years and he revamped the club competition system to give more games to players. Second member of 1955 team to pass away in the past month. Jim slan. R.I.P.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:02 am

Well the great Seamus Moynihan has decided to hang up his boots. I would say one of the greatest to don the famous jersey. Made his debut a week after his leaving cert in that fateful day v Clare in 1992. Played pwerful football,in even poor Kerry teams of the nineties. Half back line was his preferred position but although outstanding in the full back position was wasted there 2000 to 2002. Recoverd from a very bad back injury to come back again in 2006. Met the man often and always had time for a chat and was interested in others' opinions. Hope to see you in management in the not too distant future Seamus. You owe nobody anything.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:41 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Well the great Seamus Moynihan has decided to hang up his boots. I would say one of the greatest to don the famous jersey. Hope to see you in management in the not too distant future Seamus. You owe nobody anything.

Always appeared a good sort.....

In other news, I heard your Minister from Finuge and multi-medallist has now become the author of a book on Kerry football. The thrust of the tome is, I gather, the unifying force the jersey has had on Kerry people, tracing the old War of Independence differences and their solutions.
All proceeds go to clearing a debt of €40k (part of a €2m investment) in a mono-rail between Listowel and Ballybunion. The funny thing is that it's about 10 miles between the two towns and this "rail link" only goes 600 yards..... Shocked
The Healy-Raes are only trotting after them North Kerry bucks.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next