GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerry GT News

+18
bocerty
mugsys_barber
Parouisa
GAA-Fan
hipster 2
RMDrive
ollie
Podger
OMAR
The Puke
3inarow08
Jayo Cluxton
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
long.dub.glic
Boxtyeater
mullins
Real Kerry Fan
22 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Kerry GT News - Page 8 Empty Re: Kerry GT News

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:19 am

Sorry and 4th for Dubs. Razz
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:28 am

Love to take you up on that but will be in Croker. Can't let the punters down ... they need their burgers and hot-dogs ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed May 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Well Tom O'Sullivan has decided to retire. A great corner back and after playing in nine All Ireland finals surely he is entitled to take a rest.He never let us down and always played his best football in finals. A loveable rogue and will be missed. Enjoy your time Tom,relaxing between Moyvane and Rathmore. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri May 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Well it is that time of the year when I have to debate with myself the Kerry prospects for the year. Again not looking good. Tom O'Sull retired,Marc injured,Star goes to watch Chelsea in Munich and is dropped(Well allowances there Kieran as you went to watch a proper other sport and team) Tipp have introduced two damn good plyers from last year's minors and will give a good account of themselves. Trouble in the camp I hear also. Well I suppose one step at a time and hopefully will get over Tipp but then we probably come to abrupt halt against the Langers. Then its the backdoor maze Sad Kildare/Dublin and Cork its between ye I am afraid.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri May 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Well it is that time of the year when I have to debate with myself the Kerry prospects for the year. Again not looking good. Tom O'Sull retired,Marc injured,Star goes to watch Chelsea in Munich and is dropped(Well allowances there Kieran as you went to watch a proper other sport and team) Tipp have introduced two damn good plyers from last year's minors and will give a good account of themselves. Trouble in the camp I hear also. Well I suppose one step at a time and hopefully will get over Tipp but then we probably come to abrupt halt against the Langers. Then its the backdoor maze Sad Kildare/Dublin and Cork its between ye I am afraid.

Suspect

Having read this reasoned and tragic tale and being mindful of RKF's tipping prowess and all-round Kerry cute hoorness, I have come to one conclusion ....

Lump your money on the Kingdom.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon May 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Very, very disappointed with the display yesterday. Too many players not performing and I wonder is anymore left the tank by eg Tomas,Paul and probaly Eoin. Also full forward line were poor while our half backs were left struggling as Tipp just ran straight at them. If Tipp had taken their chances they could well have won the match.I worry about the Cork game because I cant see too many replacemens available and finally Jack for God's sake will they cut out the handpassing around our own half and get direct. They should have learned their lesson by now but it seems not. Tough nights ahead in Killarney!
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon May 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote: Too many players not performing and I wonder is anymore left the tank by eg Tomas,Paul and probaly Eoin.

While allowances have to be made for the inevitable rustiness that you'd expect in a 1st round match, I'd also share this concern, particularly regarding Tomas & Galvin.

Earlier in the year, I pondered on this thread as to whether Tomas' sendings off were frustrations caused by his inability to quite get to the pace of the game the way he used to. I still believe that to be the case. As for Galvin, it has been a long time since he sparkled, and hasn't really shown much since his Player of the year season (2009). The industry is still there, but the pace is not what it was.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:30 am

Well here we are. The match of the year in Killarney on Saturday. If my memory serves me right it is the first time that an All Ireland final was played in July. Very Happy What are Kerry's chances. Slim as per Mr. Spillane and he is always right. I note that Jack is getting it hot and heavy on Kerry websites etc. Now Jack is Kerrys 2nd most successful manager in the past 40 years and suddenly he is the worst ever. To any Kerry supporter who may view this thread please note we have no divine right to win All Irelands every year. Anyway in fairness this Kerry team owes nobody anthing and my one hope is if beaten fine but not hammered. Tyrone are staring a bit of momentum waith Mulligan in form plus some new lads stepping up to the mark. I fear for the Kerry backs based on this years performances. Tyrone I expect to win but I am clinging to the one big performance from Kerry. Expect at least two red cards as both teams know that they will have give all. Heres to a great game.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Jack O'Connor has stepped down as Kerry manager. The usual suspects will be trotted out as candidates.

An announcement from RKF regarding his intentions is expected later this evening.

From Reuters....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Dara being a tad pointed on the wireless

"Jack will be disappointed that in his last game he lost to a team whom only 2/3 would get on the Kerry team. "
"forget about the Tyrone games, Tyrone won those games, jack will be disappointed that an experienced team lost to Dublin from a winning position etc.

Revenge a dish best served cold as they say
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Darragh over the top not for the first time. Jack's record for seven seasons = 3 All Ireland and 3 National League. 2nd best record over the past 50 years. Got too much abuse this year from the usual sources but I agree that stepping down was the best option for him. Seamus Moynihan/Eamonn Fitmaurice seems the best available at present but whoever takes over has to be given time as there are not riches available to them.Was approached but the missus but the block on my return to Kerry in triumph. Thats the Dubs for you. Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Correction for Darragh. Tyrone won one championship game v Jack, Darragh was presnt for all three.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:34 am

Condolences to Mick O'Dwyer on the sad passing of his wife Mary Carmel.

RIP Mary Carmel
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Yes Boc. A very nice woman but strong in running her business over the years. She will be sadly missed in South Kerry. RIP. Also Aidan O'Mahony's dad who also passed away this week.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:20 pm

It maybe reflects the way things are with Kerry football that the last post here was September!

A lot has been made of their poor League showing and it certainly does seem to show a paucity of upcoming talent. A lot of bodies were rested and add in the fact that Gooch, Galvin and others were on club duty and you had a rookie league team with little experience especially in the earlier rounds. That said there were a couple of ok finds during the League.

A lot has been said about the age of the Kerry lads and it is the wrong side of 30 for a lot of them. So do people expect them to go through a season from January to September? Not likely. Kerry are doing all they can with their lads – keeping them for the C’ship. Staying in Division 1 would be good but not life or death – but I expect a mammoth effort in Omagh. (btw Donaghy to see red a good bet!).

Come C’ship even the older lads will be a bit fresher. Donegal ran them over last year – but they did that to all comers. Kerry will be in the last 12 with an oldish team but with little football in their legs and a hell of a lot of experience. They could give anyone a game on their day – still. Even now there are not many teams I would fear more than them.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Strong rumours that Gooch's scan has revealed a ruptured cruciate ligament in his right knee, and he is out for the season.

A huge blow to Kerry and to football in general - the summer won't be the same without his brilliance.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Strong rumours that Gooch's scan has revealed a ruptured cruciate ligament in his right knee, and he is out for the season.

A huge blow to Kerry and to football in general - the summer won't be the same without his brilliance.

a huge blow indeed not only for Kerry but personally for Cooper himself.

For a guy who went largely unscathed from injury despite the abuse he took he has been struck with the worst of them all.

Heres to a full recovery and hopefully see him back torturing defenders in the not too distant future.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Sad news alright wishing him a speedy recovery. Without trying to blame him the Castlebar defender made very poor/late challenge.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Gaa_lover wrote: Without trying to blame him the Castlebar defender made very poor/late challenge.

I'd say you succeeded.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Gaa_lover wrote: Without trying to blame him the Castlebar defender made very poor/late challenge.

I'd say you succeeded.

Not really Gooch has shipped many heavy challenges over the years however i'm sure most would agree that one was a poor one.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:28 pm

Gaa_lover wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

I'd say you succeeded.

Not really Gooch has shipped many heavy challenges over the years however i'm sure most would agree that one was a poor one.

Impossible to tell from that clip. I didn't see the game.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:37 pm

tough on copper but hopefully this won't be the end for him

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:41 pm

champers wrote:tough on copper but hopefully this won't be the end for him

He's likely to be back, but whether he is back as the same player is another matter. The biggest shame here is that Cooper was at his peak over the last couple of years. Early in his career, I felt at times he could be a bit anonymous on occasions, but by 2012/13 he had developed to the point where he could take over any game. He was stronger and better than he ever was in the early-mid noughties.

In Cooper's favour is that he seems to have the type of body which copes well with injuries, never having missed significant time in the past. On the other hand, the body doesn't heal as quickly at 31 as it does at 21.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Gaa_lover wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

I'd say you succeeded.

Impossible to tell from that clip.  I didn't see the game.

watched it on tv and as it happened i remarked to myself that he had been 'taken out' havent seen anything to change my mind since.

It was a clumsy last ditch tackle dont think the player meant to do that amount of harm to him but at the same time he wasnt holding back either.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:17 pm

bocerty wrote:
watched it on tv and as it happened i remarked to myself that he had been 'taken out' havent seen anything to change my mind since.

It was a clumsy last ditch tackle dont think the player meant to do that amount of harm to him but at the same time he wasnt holding back either.

It's very disappointing, especially for the Gooch and Kerry fans. We've seen it year after year in Tyrone with Stevie O'Neill - you finish the year wondering 'What if…?'
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next