GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 NFL Division 2

+10
Boxtyeater
bocerty
patrique
Loyal2TheRoyal
mullins
Thomas Clarke
Jayo Cluxton
mugsys_barber
Royal_Girl2k9
RMDrive
14 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2011 NFL Division 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 NFL Division 2

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Tyrone team V Antrim
1 Johnny Curran - Oileán a’Ghuail
2 P J Quinn Baile na Móna
3 Damian McCaul Domhnach Mór
4 Dermot Carlin Coill an Chlochair
5 Davy Harte Aireagal Chiaráin
6 Conor Gormley An Charraig Mhór
7 Ryan McMenamin An Droim Mhór
8 Kevin Hughes Cill Íseal
9 Aidan Cassidy Eochar
10 Colm Cavanagh An Mhaigh
11 Brian McGuigan Ard Bo
12 Sean Cavanagh An Mhaigh
13 Martin Penrose Achadh Uí Aráin
14 Stephen O’Neill Clann na nGael
15 Owen Mulligan An Chorra Chriochach

16 Pascal McConnell An Baile Nua
17 Mark Donnelly An Charraig Mhór
18 Cathal McCarron An Droim Mhór
19 Aidan McCrory Aireagal Chiaráin
20 Stephen McNally Oileán a’Ghuail
21 Joe McMahon An Omaigh
22 Justin McMahon An Omaigh
23 Sean O’Neill An Droim Mhór
24 Martin Swift Coill an Chlochai

I see Mickey hasn't included any of the under 21's in the panel for this weekends match. A big game in Newry awaits them on Wednesday. Hopefully going to get in to this one as I didn't see either the Sligo league game or the McKenna cup final defeat to Derry. If results go our way at the weekend promotion is still a real possibilty. I'm glad that both McMahons are available for selection after lengthly layoffs.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Antrim v Tyrone: Chris Kerr, Anto Healy, Andy McClean, Kevin O'Boyle (c), Tony Scullion, Justin Crozier, Terry O'Neill, Kevin McGourty, Sean Burke, Aodhan Gallagher, Kevin Brady, Conor Murray, Paddy Cunningham, Kevin Niblock, Brendan Herron.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:40 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:Antrim v Tyrone: Chris Kerr, Anto Healy, Andy McClean, Kevin O'Boyle (c), Tony Scullion, Justin Crozier, Terry O'Neill, Kevin McGourty, Sean Burke, Aodhan Gallagher, Kevin Brady, Conor Murray, Paddy Cunningham, Kevin Niblock, Brendan Herron.

Kevin McGourty will bate you on his own.... Razz
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:48 pm

Oh no....... affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:59 pm

I'm quite surprised at the position we are in at the moment. I'm actually getting a bit worried that we will get promoted which I honestly believe would be bad for this team at this time. This is year one of a 4-5 year programme and I believe that long-term success will be best served by us spending at least one more year in division 2. The standard is quite high and it will allow the younger lads to build confidence and develop.

So it's the short trip into Celtic Park for us tomorrow night. Derry are going well and I find this game very hard to call. We are looking fairy tight at the back and with Big Jims defensive philosophy we'll make it difficult for Derrys forwards to get going. The loss of Leo McLoone to a bad leg injury is a massive blow to us though. He was by far our best player this year and he's exactly the type of player that is needed for Donegals system to be effective. Murph seems to be settling into things nicely. He'll be much more of a marked man this year and he will have to be able to cope with the extra attention he will get. There's a whole load of pressure on those broad shoulders this year - every more so as he is captain. Still he seems like he is well able to cope with it.

Anyway, I'll go for Donegal by 2 points in a low-scoring horrible-to-watch puke-fest. Derry 0-09 Donegal 0-11.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Half time Derry 1-09 Donegal 1-11. Cracking game by all accounts.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Full time in Celtic Park - Derry 2-12 Donegal 2-18.

Huge score for Donegal. Fair play to the lads. The workrate seems to be absolutely massive from every single player and the full forward line of Murphy, McFadden and Molloy are as dangerous as you will get in most counties.
Murphy got a cracking goal seemingly.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:05 pm

RMDrive wrote:Full time in Celtic Park - Derry 2-12 Donegal 2-18.

Huge score for Donegal. Fair play to the lads. The workrate seems to be absolutely massive from every single player and the full forward line of Murphy, McFadden and Molloy are as dangerous as you will get in most counties.

Donegal appear to be going well. Amazing what a good u21 team can do for a side.

Cracks appearing in Derry? Celtic Park could be a place for struggling Meath to target some vital points in a fortnight's time.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Laois 0-11 1-12 Tyrone

great result for Tyrone and one i wasnt expecting to be honest. Perhaps things are looking up after all.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:29 pm

seems Derry only scored 1-1 in the second half - Mr Brennan wont be a happy camper!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:32 pm

Murphy is some player heard a rumour hes on his way to a Dublin club..

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Meath beaten again - I've nearly given up following them at this stage. A shadow of the side we were under the stewardship of a Meathman. However, I would not like to get into that - the blame should portioned out in fair quantities and it's the players who are deserving of most of the criticism. It's also too early to be writing Where To Now posts but I get the feeling that is where Meath posters are headed. Derry next in Celtic Park. What chance have we got up there against the mighty Oak Leafers (reigning McKenna Cup champs)? No chance I would say.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:21 pm

bocerty wrote:

seems Derry only scored 1-1 in the second half - Mr Brennan wont be a happy camper!!!!

Meath will be easy pickings for a team of Derry's calibre in a fortnight's time, wouldn't you say Bocerty?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Meath beaten again - I've nearly given up following them at this stage. A shadow of the side we were under the stewardship of a Meathman.

In fairness Loyal, the last time you played Kildare, under the stewardship of a Meathman, you got an awful hammering.

Meath have a number of problems, but lack of character is one of the biggest. They have had enough good performances in recent years to prove that they have some quality players, but they have also had several real stuffings, which indicates that heads drop when things don't go their way.

I wrote on here last summer that a defeat to Kildare could be the end of that Meath side, and I stand by that. Banty has to find some new leaders, either within the squad, or elsewhere in the county.

Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:39 pm

I was at the Antrim game today, awful but not helped by some absolute clown of a referee called sludden.

8 (EIGHT) times he blew for technical fouls of overcarrying, including one where Scullion of Antrim was lying on the ball with blood pouring out of him, and a blood sub had to be used (Mr Sludden did not seem interested in blood, just technicalities) and 5 (FIVE) times for lifting off the ground and on one of those occasions the Sligo olad had to jump for the ball.

What a useless fool. Right at the end McGourty gets his leg raked, has a minor retaliation and shown a straight red by this clown.

If I had known who the ref was I would have vbeen over the fence and slapped him properly.

A pompous fool. Didn't favour either side, just hasn't a clue.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Meath beaten again - I've nearly given up following them at this stage. A shadow of the side we were under the stewardship of a Meathman.

In fairness Loyal, the last time you played Kildare, under the stewardship of a Meathman, you got an awful hammering.

Meath have a number of problems, but lack of character is one of the biggest. They have had enough good performances in recent years to prove that they have some quality players, but they have also had several real stuffings, which indicates that heads drop when things don't go their way.

I wrote on here last summer that a defeat to Kildare could be the end of that Meath side, and I stand by that. Banty has to find some new leaders, either within the squad, or elsewhere in the county.

We played Kildare this time last year in the League and won with a surplus of five points. The Lilywhites are different beast as the year wears on. Let's not get involved in a debate about EOB, it's slowly being proven that that we weren't doing too bad with the resources available.

Along with the character issue, Meath have a number of players with tall reputations but not got the class to back it up. For example, the only players we have who would not be out of place in a Kerry, Cork or Dublin team are the two Bray brothers and both are yet to start a game this year for various reasons. So ever their form is something to be taken on trust. Playing alongside the current dirt might cause a drop in ability.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:10 pm

patrique wrote:I was at the Antrim game today, awful but not helped by some absolute clown of a referee called sludden.

8 (EIGHT) times he blew for technical fouls of overcarrying, including one where Scullion of Antrim was lying on the ball with blood pouring out of him, and a blood sub had to be used (Mr Sludden did not seem interested in blood, just technicalities) and 5 (FIVE) times for lifting off the ground and on one of those occasions the Sligo olad had to jump for the ball.

What a useless fool. Right at the end McGourty gets his leg raked, has a minor retaliation and shown a straight red by this clown.

If I had known who the ref was I would have vbeen over the fence and slapped him properly.

Patrique its not often i agree with you but i will in this instance as far as Mr Sludden is concerned - last year was no lesson to the man - he has his head so far up his own hole its unbelievable
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:47 am

bocerty wrote:
patrique wrote:I was at the Antrim game today, awful but not helped by some absolute clown of a referee called sludden.

Patrique its not often i agree with you but i will in this instance as far as Mr Sludden is concerned - last year was no lesson to the man - he has his head so far up his own hole its unbelievable

Antrim were very poor, Sligo got some good long distance scores and were very deserving winners as the score suggests, so this is not sour grapes, as he blew both sides in the wrong.

Just an awful, pompous ref.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Patrique, I would say its safe to say that Sludden stepped into his car on Sunday with the possibility of sending McGourty off in the back of his mind. His fellow club men are glad that he's from there because he doesn't get to referee their matches and I suppose we're privilidged being from Tyrone in that we don't have him officiating the county matches either. The man revels in being centre of attention, the actual game becomes irrelevant and poeple go away from matches he's involved in talking about him and not the two teams playing as you found out for yourself on Sunday. Agree with your sentiments and that of Boc.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

2011 NFL Division 2 - Page 3 Empty NFL 2 - Dún na nGall v Aontroim - Béal Átha Seanaid - 3ú Aibreán

Post  RMDrive Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:51 pm

This is a preview of this years Ulster Championship preliminary round and a loss here will virtually guarantee relegation for Antrim. A win for Donegal will mean the game against Laois will be for a place in the league final for us. It's a good opportunity to set the scene for the meeting later in the year and I think that we will be well up for it. Assuming we don't have 17 wides again, I think we'll edge it by 3-4 points
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:21 pm

Some make or break fixtures this weekend, with Donegal and Antrim being one of them RMDrive. Donegal would go a long way to sealing their place in the League final with a win, while an Antrim result would no harm to their chances of survival. Donegal do look an improved side going on the results, and should probably have enough. Tyrone and Kildare looks like a mouth-watering contest, virtually impossible to call but the stakes are very high for this one. A win for either team would probably produce plenty of encouraging signs but a loss could leave lots of doubts. Laois and Sligo - has to be Laois who look to be on an upward curve this season with Kevin Walsh's Sligo struggling to build on last season. There was a time when a Meath Derry encounter would have been a great source of amusement to me on this website but alas the Derry batallion no longer shame themselves by posting on here anymore. Meath have dropped a lot of weight divisions since the arrival of Banty and Derry continue to be an enigma. This is a must-win for the Royals and the players are surely aware that this game could possibly define the season - I think Meath will come out on top.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:34 pm

Antrim alas are doomed, and struggling for players this Sunday.

If you notice an elderly gentleman looking like a better version of Brian McGuigan playing, you will know it is me.

McGouty is suspended for attacking a Sligo lads studs with the back of his leg, Michael Mccann might never be back, Tomas is injured as is Niblock, and maybe even Paddy Cunningham.

Does not look good.

antrm will go down, with either Meath or Sligo, I suspect.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Oh my god - Derry 1-18, Meath 3-08, are we really worse than Derry?

Bring back Eammon O'Brien.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Full time in Ballyshannon Donegal 1-17 Antrim 1-08
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Derry 1-18 Meath 3-8 FT. Division three here we come..
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next