GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 NFL Division 2

+10
Boxtyeater
bocerty
patrique
Loyal2TheRoyal
mullins
Thomas Clarke
Jayo Cluxton
mugsys_barber
Royal_Girl2k9
RMDrive
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2011 NFL Division 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NFL Division 2

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Oh my god - Derry 1-18, Meath 3-08, are we really worse than Derry?

Bring back Eammon O'Brien.

What is Banty at... Like we were not this bad last year I'm sure of it. What's changed? Sad
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:25 pm

I haven't seen enough of Meath this year to know what is going wrong, but I wonder are we seeing something similar to what happened in Kieran McGeeney's first year in Kildare, when he and Grimley tried to implement a new (Armagh) style of football, but the players just didn't seem able to make the change.

It could, on the other hand, be what happened in Galway under Joe Kernan, when the problem appeared to be a lack of willingness of players to change, rather than ability to adapt.

Either way, with the league almost over, Meath seem to be on the wrong track.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Oh my god - Derry 1-18, Meath 3-08, are we really worse than Derry?

Bring back Eammon O'Brien.

What is Banty at... Like we were not this bad last year I'm sure of it. What's changed? Sad

Well firstly, Stephen Bray was around. Secondly, EOB applied common sense and stuck with the tried and tested, aristocratic long ball style. Thirdly, players like Graham Reilly (injured a lot this year) were unearthed. We probably over-achieved under EOB but that's testament to him. As Jayo Cluxton often said, he dosen't rate this current Meath side, and he's probably right.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I haven't seen enough of Meath this year to know what is going wrong, but I wonder are we seeing something similar to what happened in Kieran McGeeney's first year in Kildare, when he and Grimley tried to implement a new (Armagh) style of football, but the players just didn't seem able to make the change.

It could, on the other hand, be what happened in Galway under Joe Kernan, when the problem appeared to be a lack of willingness of players to change, rather than ability to adapt.

Either way, with the league almost over, Meath seem to be on the wrong track.

Galway part two possibly. Although I'd disagree that Meath have the ability to adapt.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Some good Meath forwards - always lacking in midfield and defence. When you lose some of those good forwards then ...... Not sure about the no 12s commitment to the League either.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Laois were very good today but I am worried about Justins tactics up front, Fancy them to give Donegal a good game next day out and we may find ourselves in a league final but cant see them winning it however if Laois do play Dublin on June 5th it potentially could be another great game between the two counties.
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo
Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 pm

GAAGenious wrote:Laois were very good today but I am worried about Justins tactics up front, Fancy them to give Donegal a good game next day out and we may find ourselves in a league final but cant see them winning it however if Laois do play Dublin on June 5th it potentially could be another great game between the two counties.

Haven't seen you here in a while welcome back-Good to see Laois going well Leinster is yours to lose at the moment Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:42 pm

GAAGenious wrote:however if Laois do play Dublin on June 5th it potentially could be another great game between the two counties.

Jaysus GaaGenious all I can remember in recent times is hammering ye out the gate! Laughing Mind you if you look at the Tips thread you will see that I suggested Laois at 16/1 for Leinster were worth a look. McNulty is a serious operator.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
GAAGenious wrote:however if Laois do play Dublin on June 5th it potentially could be another great game between the two counties.

Jaysus GaaGenious all I can remember in recent times is hammering ye out the gate! Laughing Mind you if you look at the Tips thread you will see that I suggested Laois at 16/1 for Leinster were worth a look. McNulty is a serious operator.

Haha ! Ah sure I cant remember that Cool dont know what you on about haha ! Mc Nulty im reserving judgement as of yet, very poor against Tyrone and Should of beat Kildare. I just amnt getting too excitied yet in the knowing that the teams we have beaten arnt what you call the best teams going including Meath who have lost all form and Derry who played a weakend team against us because of the Mc Kenna final the wednesday after. I think the Leinster draw is very difficult for Laois but would fancy them to beat dublin on dublins first day out come june.
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:54 pm

We are notoriously bad first time out alright. Even Meath got a draw with us a few years back. If ye do turn Dublin over - and I wouldn't rule it out - ye will win Leinster.

ps Yourself aside I don't like the Laois fans much .... Mad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:We are notoriously bad first time out alright. Even Meath got a draw with us a few years back. If ye do turn Dublin over - and I wouldn't rule it out - ye will win Leinster.

A draw which we should have won if I remember correctly.. The ref just didn't like Graham..
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:We are notoriously bad first time out alright. Even Meath got a draw with us a few years back. If ye do turn Dublin over - and I wouldn't rule it out - ye will win Leinster.

I blame their parents Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:00 pm

[quote="mullins"]

Yourself aside I cant stand the Dubs Smile
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:01 pm

mullins wrote:I blame their parent Rolling Eyes

Fixed ... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Fixed ... Laughing

And the sheep...
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Fixed ... Laughing

And the early release prisoners before they get the train back to DUBLIN Razz
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 pm

i wasnt at the Tyrone game yesterday but have spoken to several people today who were and they are very upbeat about Tyrones championship credentials following this easier than expected victory. Tyrone seem to have played some decent football with Brian McGuigan and Joe McMahon being singled out for particular praise and Sean Cavanagh getting a few more positive comments than he has been lately.

One guy in particular who i spoke to is off the opinion that SAM is there for the taking if Tyrone want it enough!!! Whilst the victory over Kildare was certainly very welcome and achieved a lot handier than many expected it shows we are heading in the right direction compared to earlier performances, i would still have my doubts about this Tyrone team having an All-Ireland in them. Granted there isn't much out there in terms of competition but Tyrone have yet to prove they can hold their own against teams with at least one marquee forward such as Brogan or Cooper.

That said Down and Mayo faired a lot better against Cork and Dublin than many would have thought so all is not lost yet!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:44 pm

bocerty wrote:i wasnt at the Tyrone game yesterday but have spoken to several people today who were and they are very upbeat about Tyrones championship credentials following this easier than expected victory. Tyrone seem to have played some decent football with Brian McGuigan and Joe McMahon being singled out for particular praise and Sean Cavanagh getting a few more positive comments than he has been lately.

One guy in particular who i spoke to is off the opinion that SAM is there for the taking if Tyrone want it enough!!! Whilst the victory over Kildare was certainly very welcome and achieved a lot handier than many expected it shows we are heading in the right direction compared to earlier performances, i would still have my doubts about this Tyrone team having an All-Ireland in them. Granted there isn't much out there in terms of competition but Tyrone have yet to prove they can hold their own against teams with at least one marquee forward such as Brogan or Cooper.

That said Down and Mayo faired a lot better against Cork and Dublin than many would have thought so all is not lost yet!!!

Jasus Boc Have you actually seen Tyrone in action since the '08 final????? Razz
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Don't tell me your coming back up.. affraid affraid affraid
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:37 pm

Look lads, this recent lack of form by Meath is just a ploy by Banty. We are in fact not as bad as we seem, it's all just to lure everyboyd else into a false sense of security for when the championship comes. The plan is if we're really bad at the moment, people will forget all about last summer and they won't remember that we do actually have a couple of good footballers stalling it around the county. So come June when we arrive in Croke Park for our first match nobody will think that we'll be up for anything so they won't even start their best team. This win for us as under dogs will get some of the true Meath fighting spirit back in the lads so it will greatly improve the already good couple of players so we will then actually be a good team. We will be beaten in Leinster but go on a good run through the back door and eventually meet Dublin in the All Ireland Final. It will be a tight match that will have three replays. Meath will score the winning goal (Kevin Foley style as opposed to Joe style) in the last seconds of the match and we will be crowned All Ireland Champions, legitimately.

I hope.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Good Start by Laois against Donegal, Impressive start. League Final beckons.
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Bye bye Sligo and Antrim.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Laois in Divison 1 now i think ? Still at maych have not seen final score from Navan
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:48 pm

GAAGenious wrote:Laois in Divison 1 now i think ? Still at maych have not seen final score from Navan
Draw

Donegal and Laois in D2 final
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Good luck to Laois and Donegal in the final and next year in Div 1, To be perfectly honest I'll lose no sleep over Tyrone not gaining promotion to Div 1 this year, Only too glad to do our friends in Meath a big favour helping them to stay in the second division even though they wouldn't know a good referee if he jumped up and bit them in the ****.
Its quite amazing to see how much work the cccc had to do this year given the amount of tyrone games televised.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next