GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+23
hurlingguru
mugsys_barber
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
samin12
Larry Murphy
3inarow08
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
JimWexford
bald eagle
hipster 2
bocerty
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
patrique
Grenvile
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
27 posters

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Premier League - Page 20 Empty Re: The Premier League

Post  Grenvile Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:39 pm

The Puke wrote:

What huge money have Spurs shelled out would you mind telling me

Pavlyuchenko, Bentley, Bent, Modric, Defoe all bought in the past 4 years or so costing around 16 Million each. Along with a host of 10 million players. Since 2006 Tottenham have paid out more money on transfers than anyone in the League apart from City and Chelsea.. 230 million roughly I think? The only big sales money they made were Berbatov and Carrick. They put in a failed bid of 50 million or something for Aguero this summer..

Marseille to go through 7/2 is a great price considering they only need a score draw.. Can't see it myself though.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:04 am

United at home is as good as a banker bet at the minute. cant see MUFC losing here.

if they play like they did against arsenal that will more than be enough to get them through.

was reading an article yesterday about platini and the french league already meeting uefa requirements re spending within your means. the net result is a poorer standard of players less tv money fewer fans at ligue1 games and no money coming in from the spanish italian english or german leagues after they pilfer the best players.

i will agree that away from home UTD have been poor but at home they cant be touched. they have beat the blue noses liverpool and arsenal all at home this season, usually one of them teams would nick a result - but not so this year.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:23 pm

Lump it on the score draw I tell ye ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Lump it on the score draw I tell ye ....

Be wary of United at home Jayo, they're not a cert by any means but people were tipping AC to get a result at OT last year and they got hammered, Inter the year before that.. Rooney to score anytime is a much safer bet. Form striker in the League at the moment.. Smile

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Lump it on the score draw I tell ye ....

Be wary of United at home Jayo, they're not a cert by any means but people were tipping AC to get a result at OT last year and they got hammered, Inter the year before that.. Rooney to score anytime is a much safer bet. Form striker in the League at the moment.. Smile

like!!!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:21 pm

They'll be shatting themselves tonight JS - get on 1-1 I tell ya -easier money than Cheltenham!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:They'll be shatting themselves tonight JS - get on 1-1 I tell ya -easier money than Cheltenham!

Vidic out for this according to sources.. It's looking more and more dangerous for United..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Go 1-0 up - retreat into shell - invite Marseilles on to them and ...... bang! 1-1! Slán!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:24 am

Oh ye of little faith.

Come April, when it really counts, fergie will produce his ace and unleash......bebe.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:47 am

Game turned out pretty much as we predicted.. Dangerous for United but they did what they had to do. Finished up with 4th choice right back and 3rd and 4th choice central defenders on the field but hung on. Rooney was excellent in his deeper playmaking role, Hernandez a real poacher up front. Valencia looked lively when he came on..

United will be hoping to just get past Bolton at the weekend and then the international break gives players a chance to recover.. Huge injury list in midfield and defence.. The draw on Friday for the rest of the competition should prove interesting.. I'd love to see United getting Barca.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:09 am

If Cheyrou took his chance on 75 minutes ... instead of United neeting 30 seconds later then ..... But anyway well done United .. I'd say Barca are praying they won't get United in Friday's draw .... Very Happy
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Game turned out pretty much as we predicted.. Dangerous for United but they did what they had to do. Finished up with 4th choice right back and 3rd and 4th choice central defenders on the field but hung on. Rooney was excellent in his deeper playmaking role, Hernandez a real poacher up front. Valencia looked lively when he came on..

United will be hoping to just get past Bolton at the weekend and then the international break gives players a chance to recover.. Huge injury list in midfield and defence.. The draw on Friday for the rest of the competition should prove interesting.. I'd love to see United getting Barca.

Will they not be playing in internationals?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:If Cheyrou took his chance on 75 minutes ... instead of United neeting 30 seconds later then ..... But anyway well done United .. I'd say Barca are praying they won't get United in Friday's draw .... Very Happy

So would I.

Complacency undermined many a team........
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Piss poor stuff from the Bridge tonight but then Chelsea didn't need to do anything. The soccer snobs (probably wisely) opted for the Bernabeau (?) - Puke probably ringing them all week and annoying the heads off them!

But there are a few thousand Chelsea fans around. They do it with Arsenal and Chelsea but wouldn't dare not show United - even if they were playing Cowdenbeath ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Piss poor stuff from the Bridge tonight but then Chelsea didn't need to do anything. The soccer snobs (probably wisely) opted for the Bernabeau (?) - Puke probably ringing them all week and annoying the heads off them!

But there are a few thousand Chelsea fans around. They do it with Arsenal and Chelsea but wouldn't dare not show United - even if they were playing Cowdenbeath ....

Naturally enough.. United's games would have a much higher audience. It's about pleasing the majority and tonight nobody wanted to see a Chelsea tie that was won 2 weeks ago..

Or maybe Fergie bullies them into showing the United games.....?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Naturally enough.. United's games would have a much higher audience. It's about pleasing the majority and tonight nobody wanted to see a Chelsea tie that was won 2 weeks ago..

I'd say he does - wouldn't surprise me at all! I know what you're saying but they have shown United dead rubbers all the time over the years - even if there is an Inter-Barca type game on. And there are more Chelsea fans than Real Madrid - but fook them and their licence fees .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:Naturally enough.. United's games would have a much higher audience. It's about pleasing the majority and tonight nobody wanted to see a Chelsea tie that was won 2 weeks ago..

I'd say he does - wouldn't surprise me at all! I know what you're saying but they have shown United dead rubbers all the time over the years - even if there is an Inter-Barca type game on. And there are more Chelsea fans than Real Madrid - but fook them and their licence fees .....

Wow... Are you really stretching that far to get a dig at United?? I think you're incorrect anyway to be honest. I'm sure the amount of neutrals who would have preferred see the tie that was still alive than Chelsea's game would completely outnumber Chelsea fans, do their licence fees not count??
Can you even give an example of when a dead rubber United game was shown as opposed to a more interesting clash? Or is that just the usual vague shots at United that seem to always consist of the term "Over the years"

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:01 am

I can recall United playing Turkish opposition when they were ***** alright at the expense of better games. I don't have all the TV schedules here over the years at the moment (they are in the basement beside the mountainous file of clippings which are titled 'Disciplinary trouble for Alex') so I can't give examples but I know I'm right. Not digging at United anyway - more at RTE. I remember they showed fook all of Leeds to when they got to the semis of the Champs League before they ended up like Ireland inc...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:00 pm

City crash out of the Euro Disney Cup.. Has Balotelli got more goals or Red Cards this year? He must have been wound up after facing a difficulty with his clothing at the beginning of the game.. City have someone employed to help him dress himself though it seems... Laughing

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:58 pm

I watched a lot of the Utd game and nearly all the Chelsea and Liverpool games - and it was shocking stuff. I am beginning to agree with Boxty about this soccerball stuff - pure ***** tbh. Liverpool especially ... players couldn't clear the first man when trying to get a cross in - and earning €50+ per week. At least we'll have a couple of decent teams in Dublin for the Final. Can't wait for a decent game tomorrow ... c'mon Oireland!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I watched a lot of the Utd game and nearly all the Chelsea and Liverpool games - and it was shocking stuff. I am beginning to agree with Boxty about this soccerball stuff - pure ***** tbh. Liverpool especially ... players couldn't clear the first man when trying to get a cross in - and earning €50+ per week. At least we'll have a couple of decent teams in Dublin for the Final. Can't wait for a decent game tomorrow ... c'mon Oireland!

May I make a subtle correction to that....All EPL soccerball is sh1te.....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Aye JC, that's one thing I have never been able to understand - the poor quality of corners that are taken. Surely to god someone who is paid to play football and has all the time in the world can learn to place a ball within +/-3 feet of where they want it to go. How many time do we see cross not clearing the first man!!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:03 pm

The Puke wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:I watched a lot of the Utd game and nearly all the Chelsea and Liverpool games - and it was shocking stuff. I am beginning to agree with Boxty about this soccerball stuff - pure ***** tbh. Liverpool especially ... players couldn't clear the first man when trying to get a cross in - and earning €50+ per week. At least we'll have a couple of decent teams in Dublin for the Final. Can't wait for a decent game tomorrow ... c'mon Oireland!

Surely a lot of the ******* is common in most leagues and certainly in most european ones?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 pm

RMDrive wrote:
The Puke wrote:

Surely a lot of the ******* is common in most leagues and certainly in most european ones?

The EPL is based far more on physical strength and playing at a high tempo as opposed to having a team of technically gifted players.....The aesthetics of the games are going to be poorer as a result, but don't expect too many of the hoards of EPL fans to admit this as Sky have them brainwashed to it being the best league in the world....The fact is that as a spectacle it is poor and kick and rush football is the order of the day....At least in La Liga, the Bundeslig and Serie A there is far more emphasis on technical abilityand teams try and play far more football in a classical sense
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:14 pm

And it looks like Route 1 is Liverpool's preferred (and only) weapon with Andy Carroll there now. Diabolical stuff really....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next