GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+23
hurlingguru
mugsys_barber
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
samin12
Larry Murphy
3inarow08
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
JimWexford
bald eagle
hipster 2
bocerty
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
patrique
Grenvile
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
27 posters

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Premier League - Page 11 Empty Re: The Premier League

Post  patrique Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:05 pm

bocerty wrote:
patrique wrote:Boc,

EVERY team in the Premiership is composed of MILLIONAIRES.

why should one lot of millionaires beat another lot?

At least the City players are not paying £200 for twenty Marlboro.

every team may have its millionaires P but in Citys case they are ALL millionaires even the third choice keeper is one!!!

WTF has the price of 20 Marlboro got to do with anything

Best ask the "White Bebe" that. That's what he allegedly paid for 20 fags while sharing the room with a £1,200 working girl.

Thank heaven for model pros (pun intended) like Balotelli.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:10 am

I just went out and bought a couple of grands worth of gear from Leeds Utd and texted all my mates to do the same. If we buy enough merchandise, self finance and avoid sugar daddies we could become great again ... apparently .....

(Happy New Year JS!) Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:24 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I just went out and bought a couple of grands worth of gear from Leeds Utd and texted all my mates to do the same. If we buy enough merchandise, self finance and avoid sugar daddies we could become great again ... apparently .....

(Happy New Year JS!) Laughing

But you have to win something and play good football before the masses will want to buy your merchandise Jayo, to win without a bottomless purse you'll need... Fergie (or Wenger). Very Happy

Watched match of the day tonight and wondered why I bother myself arguing about it at all.. Embarassed

McKenna Cup starting Saturday week and then we can do some proper arguing. G'Wan Cavan!!!

Happy New Year JC! cheers

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:39 am

U2 head! I'll fooking learn ya!

You know me Ma and Da (God rest them both) used to buy me Leeds mugs, pencil cases, parers, scarves etc - we couldn't afford jerseys ! Razz but true Sad

I bawled me eyes out over many years of Leeds runners up situations (record levels!). In 1975 as the seating rained down in Parc Des Princes (I think) I was throwing cushions at the screen of my fellow Leeds fans (colour ooooh!) TV - he ended up as the School Principal!!!

I loved soccer - loved Leeds - still look for their results first - then my twin's (Wolves), then the younger brother's (Fulham!) and t'other two Man U and Chelsea ... Still look - still have an interest. But to hear guys talk about WE (Man U, Liverpool etc) wreck my head!!! Wrecks it! To hear a guy say he'd sooner see Liverpool winning the P'Ship than his county winning Sam!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhh Puke!!! Sorry Puke!

I love the Dubs - I am a Dub - I was born in Dub - I lived in Dub (but I hate Brendan Carroll!) - I only identify with Dublin - cannot - cannot understand anything else!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:22 am

One could only imagine the indignation the likes of Jonsmsith would have if Mancini did something similar to this...What was iit about new lows and one of the manchester clubs he was waffling about yesterday

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/30/sir-alex-ferguson-darren-preston
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:23 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:U To hear a guy say he'd sooner see Liverpool winning the P'Ship than his county winning Sam!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhh Puke!!! Sorry Puke!

scratch
What has that got to do with me
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:16 pm

JC, I'd fall into the category of person that would love to see his soccer team (Liverpool) win the Premier League above his county winning Sam next year.

It's because I'm from a successful footballing county. If we don't win it this year, we'll win it next year - that's our mentality and we've been spoiled with success. Sometimes we mightn't even appreciate it as much as a small county like Armagh, Tyrone, or some other county that's only won championships recently. I didn't begrudge those counties their win at our expense because the look of joy on their faces was worth it. I pitied them that they had never tasted victory before - surely you, being from a big/successful county can see where I'm coming from? Let them have their day in the sun.

And then to turn it around, Liverpool haven't won the league in like what, 20 years?! I'd give up Kerry's chance of success next year for a definite title for Liverpool. When Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005 it meant an awful lot to me, not just the manner in which we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, but to see "us" where, in my opinion, we deserved to be. On a smaller scale seeing Munster win the Heino Cup and Ireland winning the Grand Slam brought up similar emotions

Now I wouldn't do it every year, and I'm not speaking on behalf of all Kerry people either. I'm sure RKF would be of your view.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:43 pm

The Puke wrote:One could only imagine the indignation the likes of Jonsmsith would have if Mancini did something similar to this...What was iit about new lows and one of the manchester clubs he was waffling about yesterday

Fergie doing his bit to stand up for the "Instantly blame the manager" culture in English football. Is there no end to what this man will do to stand up for his beliefs?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:51 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
The Puke wrote:One could only imagine the indignation the likes of Jonsmsith would have if Mancini did something similar to this...What was iit about new lows and one of the manchester clubs he was waffling about yesterday

Fergie doing his bit to stand up for the "Instantly blame the manager" culture in English football. Is there no end to what this man will do to stand up for his beliefs?

How does this exactly stand up for the "Instantly blame the manager" culture in English football.....Will he be recallimg loan players from other clubs who also sack their managers as well, if so fair play to him but we both know that isn't what he is doing here, considering Preston have been shocking poor for several weeks their manager can have no complaints and it just shows how petty the ignorant cnut is
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:19 pm

The Puke wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:

How does this exactly stand up for the "Instantly blame the manager" culture in English football.....Will he be recallimg loan players from other clubs who also sack their managers as well, if so fair play to him but we both know that isn't what he is doing here, considering Preston have been shocking poor for several weeks their manager can have no complaints and it just shows how petty the ignorant cnut is

He doesn't want his loan players benefiting a club who will sack their manager as a quick fix when things aren't looking great.. Integrity at it's finest. That might make him an "ignorant cnut" to some of the more cynical observers but that's the bitterness and begrudgery of ABUs for you..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
The Puke wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:

He doesn't want his loan players benefiting a club who will sack their manager as a quick fix when things aren't looking great.. Integrity at it's finest. That might make him an "ignorant cnut" to some of the more cynical observers but that's the bitterness and begrudgery of ABUs for you..

Like I said in my last post, will this trend of recalling loan players from clubs when a manager is sacked continue???? or it is nepotism at its finest again, you may well say it is a quick fix but the fact is that Preston have been diabolical this season and Darren the convicted wife beater can have no complaints with getting the chop....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:02 pm

Proud Preston, the original "invincibles" winning the double without losing a game, face winding up if they are relegated and English Football could lose what is one of the top names associated with the sport.

They therefore decide to sack the under performing manager. This is a sport where many think the manager currently joint leader of the premiership should be sacked.

Next thing his daddy throws a tantrum, and recalls two players and tries legally to stop a 3rd playing. So daddy is prepared to ruin 3 careers, and maybe the entire club's future, because his wee boy was sacked? I am sure Darren is suitably mortified and trying to change his name by deed poll as we type.

This is the lowest I have EVER seen football sink. The man should be relieved of his duties before he completely besmirches the reputation of a proud club.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:19 pm

The Puke wrote:
Like I said in my last post, will this trend of recalling loan players from clubs when a manager is sacked continue???? or it is nepotism at its finest again, you may well say it is a quick fix but the fact is that Preston have been diabolical this season and Darren the convicted wife beater can have no complaints with getting the chop....

I can't really speak for Sir Alex or what his future actions will be in such situations but recalling his players from a club who sack their manager (akin to the GAA manager taking off the corner forward when things aren't going well) is admirable. Regardless of his relationship to Darren Ferguson who has blue eyes and likes marmalade on his toast.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:54 pm

Fergie's "family" commitments bring more shame to a club who had a proud reputation under Matt Busby. He will not speak to the BBC for exposing the other son, and now this.

Breaking news however is that the Glazers are recruiting Gary Cook and showing fergie the door to restore a bit of dignity to the club.

And to think recently someone laughed at fergie being described as a bully.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:01 pm

patrique wrote:Fergie's "family" commitments bring more shame to a club who had a proud reputation under Matt Busby. He will not speak to the BBC for exposing the other son, and now this.

Breaking news however is that the Glazers are recruiting Gary Cook and showing fergie the door to restore a bit of dignity to the club.

And to think recently someone laughed at fergie being described as a bully.

His son certainly has no problem bullying the opposite sex....An ounce of breeding and all that i suppose
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:35 pm

I suspect Fergie could arrive in Ireland, put Drogheda to the sword, and banish everyone to Connacht, and loads of United fans would come to his defence.

As they did after Saipan.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Blackpool with 5 away wins to date are 11/1 to beat......City.

Got to be worth a tenner.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Can't wait to see Beckham back in the Premier League.

Terrible penalty from Tevez but City hang on. He should have had about seven goals.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Can't wait to see Beckham back in the Premier League.

Terrible penalty from Tevez but City hang on. He should have had about seven goals.

He won't get his place when Dzeko arrives............

But a great win over the division's top away performers....apart from City, naturally.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:11 pm

patrique wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Can't wait to see Beckham back in the Premier League.

He won't get his place when Dzeko arrives............

But a great win over the division's top away performers....apart from City, naturally.

Man City are nothing without Tevez. He is different class when on form, even today, missed a hatful but still all spark and guile. Yaya Toure has a real touch of class too. Tevez must be favourite for Player of the Season so far though. Him or Bale.

I see United had a hard-fought over West Brom to claim a second away win of the season. Rooney is playing himself into form as well, looks hungry and eager but playing a lot deeper role this season. But he'll come good again I reckon and fairly soon. Very light in midfield though are United. Carrick? Fletcher? Gibson? Anderson?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:48 pm

United on paper look weak everywhere but Fergie has them moulded as a team, and they will win a poor enough league.

Player of the year was supposed to be Paul Scholes as he was more or less given the accolade just before the season kicked off. Alas he is not actually playing.

Of those that are Van Der Vaart, Tevez, Nasri, Bale, Yaya, and a few Blackpool lads are leading the way.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Must be the poorest PL I have seen in years. Nothing special there at all. There will be no PL club at the business end of the CL this year - mark my words.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:00 am

Tis' doomed I tell ye', but ye' won't believe me.....
In breaking news, the bearded one in the red suit once again neglected a young Wexican......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:20 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Must be the poorest PL I have seen in years. Nothing special there at all. There will be no PL club at the business end of the CL this year - mark my words.

Possible suggestion that Chelsea have eyes on the bigger prize this season with domestic football only an inconvience.

Drogba is the Messi of the Premier League as well so I wouldn't rule out the West Londoners.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:00 am

"Sir Alex we're drawing against West Brom and need a win to stay top of the League"
"Get me Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!"
"Mr Solskjaer is unavailable.."
"Then get me his Non-Union Mexican equivalent!"

The Premier League - Page 11 Article-1325245-0AD10BA1000005DC-134_468x333

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content