GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+23
hurlingguru
mugsys_barber
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
samin12
Larry Murphy
3inarow08
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
JimWexford
bald eagle
hipster 2
bocerty
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
patrique
Grenvile
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
27 posters

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Premier League - Page 25 Empty Re: The Premier League

Post  The Puke Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Could well be.....Stood out in the Irish League many times didn't he? He had a fine season last year, plays in a free role off the front man and takes a lot of set piecesSome questions I have.
1. Are Arsenal going to invest in a left-back? Gibbs will be left back
2. Are Nasri and Fabregas leaving the Emirates? one will leave more than likely Cesc
3. Is this Gervinho any good? Looks to have potential, big strong lad who likes to cut in off the right and get in the box
4. Is he any out-and-out striker or is he likely to play off Van Persie? More than likely to play as a right sided attacker with RVP in the middle and Mata on the left
5. Is Stephen Gerrard fit? Doesn't make a difference Liverpool will do **** all under King Kenny
6. What is likely to be Liverpool's midfield? see answer to 5
7. Surely Torres and Drogba won't be paired together? Villas Boas is a 4-3-3 man and has stated that's what he wants to play
8. Drogba with Kalou/Anelka and Malouda playing off him? More than likely although he could well try and accomodate Torres on a free role down the left possibly
9. Has Berba now officially lost his place to Hernandez? yes and could well be sold before September
10. Surely Nani will start for United? another that could be offloaded if a decent offer comes, he is a right winger and nothing else and Valencia will get the nod against the better sides
11. As will Fletcher, Valencia and Park? more than likely
12. Who is Luka Modric going to sign for? Chelsea
13. Is Robbie Keane staying at White Hart Lane? no, will probably end up at QPR, Fulham or West Brom
14. Will Balotelli start for City? don't know15. Is Tevez definitely leaving? yes, will be going to Inter barring him making outlandish wage demands
16. Who will partner John Terry in the centre of the Chelsea defence Luiz as Alex and Terry both lack pace as a partnership
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:12 am

All those answers sound reasonable Puke.

I forgot about Ashley Young in the United midfield too. But I really don't see how you can drop Nani after the season he had last year.

Not so sure about Liverpool - they are harder to beat since Kenny Daglish too over. And they have many, many options in midfield with Cole, Maxi Rodriguez, Downing and Kuyt all possible wide players and Gerrard, Adam, Lucas and Meireless all more central. Jordan Henderson can play anywhere across the midfield four. I think if they can decide on a solid four, and keep them injruy free, then they'll challenge for top four again. Suarez has a real touch of class, and Andy Carroll gets goals.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:08 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:All those answers sound reasonable Puke.

I forgot about Ashley Young in the United midfield too. But I really don't see how you can drop Nani after the season he had last year.

Not so sure about Liverpool - they are harder to beat since Kenny Daglish too over. And they have many, many options in midfield with Cole, Maxi Rodriguez, Downing and Kuyt all possible wide players and Gerrard, Adam, Lucas and Meireless all more central. Jordan Henderson can play anywhere across the midfield four. I think if they can decide on a solid four, and keep them injruy free, then they'll challenge for top four again. Suarez has a real touch of class, and Andy Carroll gets goals.

The problem for Liverpool will be that if they try and play a 4 man midfield they will be completely overran and it would lack balance....Lucas will be completely overburdened with the defensive duties....Also think it is Suarez they should be building their attack around and not Carroll, I like Carroll but a side with Carroll, Gerrard and Adam in it is only going to do one thing when under pressure and that is knock it straight and long and good teams will counteract that fairly easily
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Here we go......................And the award for first penalty miss of the season goes to Luis Suarez!!
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:25 pm

Leeds boss will not see September ..... Shocked
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:49 am

Did anyone set up a fantasy football league?

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:56 am

hurlingguru wrote:Did anyone set up a fantasy football league?

I think the Sunday Times did ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Steve Bruce has wintered well
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Here we go......................And the award for first penalty miss of the season goes to Luis Suarez!!

Scouse c**ts let me down for £250
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:53 pm

bocerty wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Here we go......................And the award for first penalty miss of the season goes to Luis Suarez!!

Scouse c**ts let me down for £250

mind you it goes to show the mentality of Liverpool when they are rumoured to be on the verge of making a bid for Celtics Paddy McCourt.

Yes Paddy scored 2 wonder goals playing for Norn Ireland against on of the worlds top teams last week and suddenly his pedigree has gone up.

I'd say a bid of £30million should be enough to secure his services.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Suarez doesn't have half of Paddy's natural talent, he just works harder, and despite evidence to the contrary, in Enland work rate is still valued above all else.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
hurlingguru wrote:Did anyone set up a fantasy football league?

I think the Sunday Times did ......

Not worth a reply Mr Cluxton

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:25 am

Now they tell me the premiership is the best in the world, no weak teams.

In 20 minutes tonight Aguerro gives the best debut display ever.

And people say "it was only Swansea"

Confused? I am
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 am

Great debut by Aguero it's great to have a player of such class playing in the EPL. If Tevez stays himself and Kun up front is a frightening prospect..

Also, best ever debut? Suspect I can think of at least one better...

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Great debut by Aguero it's great to have a player of such class playing in the EPL. If Tevez stays himself and Kun up front is a frightening prospect..

Also, best ever debut? Suspect I can think of at least one better...

Freddy Eastmen on loan to Southend (from a non league side) scored a goal after eight seconds in his debut game.
But then again it was against Swansea

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Arsenal really are in big trouble. That was some comincal defending that was on show particularly for the fourth Blackburn goal.

They really ought to have lost in the Champions League on Tuesday, and they were incredibly lucky to hold onto a 1-0 win at home to Swnasea last week.

Arsene is on borrowed time I think. Arteta and Benayoun were purchases made out of desperation, and I could name at least six better centre-halfs than Mertesacker in the Bundesliga. Gervinho isn't much use either.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:19 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote: Arsene is on borrowed time I think.

Arsene is going nowhere. Very strong statement yesterday from CEO, who was totally right.

No right-thinking person would look to replace Wenger as manager of Arsenal.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:30 pm

So early on in the season and the two Manchester Clubs appear to be way ahead of the pack. City looking very dangerous, Aguero and Nasri are great additions and Dzeko now seems ready to deliver.

What Fergie has done with United is fairly impressive. Hammered in the Champions League Final and responds by putting together a team of youngsters that are brushing aside everyone in the League. He will still go back to conservative mode for the CL but at some point he will need to blood Cleverly Jones Young and Welbeck in a big European tie. They have played some lovely football since the start of the season racking up big goal tallies.

As for the Champions League in general, United still remain behind Barca and probably Real but look to be the best of the rest. City will do well and surely look to reach a Quarter/Semi depending on the draw, as will Chelsea but I'd fear Arsenal could be heading for an early exit.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Sky Sports suggesting that Rooney has failed a drug test and that the injury story was just a cover.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Christ Liverpool are a very limted side these days. Going nowhere fast under Kenny. Far too many limited footballers in the side. Wouldn't be surprised to see Suarez move on in the summer if one of the big Spanish or Italian sides came in for him. Him asise there is a serious lack of movement and guile in the team with Adam and Lucas just happy to just lump it long to Carroll rather than actually try and make things happen
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:52 pm

The Puke wrote:Christ Liverpool are a very limted side these days. Going nowhere fast under Kenny. Far too many limited footballers in the side. Wouldn't be surprised to see Suarez move on in the summer if one of the big Spanish or Italian sides came in for him. Him asise there is a serious lack of movement and guile in the team with Adam and Lucas just happy to just lump it long to Carroll rather than actually try and make things happen

if only they had the wit to lump if long to Carroll Puke, on numerous occasions yesterday they had the option but decided against it for some strange reason.

But your right they are limited very limited, if Carroll is a £35m player then its no wonder football is in the mess its in. They are no nearer winning a league title today than they were this time last year. The long wait will go on for another while me thinks
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:28 pm

bocerty wrote:if only they had the wit to lump if long to Carroll Puke, on numerous occasions yesterday they had the option but decided against it for some strange reason.

Jim McGuinness Syndrome.... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Suarez is nothing but a cheat.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:45 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
bocerty wrote:if only they had the wit to lump if long to Carroll Puke, on numerous occasions yesterday they had the option but decided against it for some strange reason.

Jim McGuinness Syndrome.... Wink

the performance had Jims fingerprints all over it Boxty
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Suarez is nothing but a cheat.

he certainly goes to ground very easily - just ask young Rodwell. Those South Americans are certainly a blight on the premiership at present!!!!1
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next