GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackpool in the Premier League!!!

3 posters

Go down

Blackpool in the Premier League!!! Empty Blackpool in the Premier League!!!

Post  bald eagle Tue May 25, 2010 2:19 pm

It has to be said, some achievement for Blackpool to win the play-off final against a Cardiff side that really looked second best for a lot of the game! Dave Jones simply was out thought by Olly and picked totally the wrong side. This coupled with the fact that Blackpool out fought them for the 90 minutes and showed great bottle to come from a goal down on 2 occassions!

Great achievement also for one of my favourite sporting characters Ian Holloway (or Olly Mourhino as he is called) to take a side that were favourites for the drop into the richest league in the world, and for a Gas head to do it too makes it all the better!!

They'll likely get stuffed in every game but i'm sure they won't care!!

What now for Cardiff with their mounting debts and supposed investment? This could spell disaster for the Principality's top club, who really needed to win to secure their future! Is boxty right? Could Cardiff soccerball be fooked?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Blackpool in the Premier League!!! Empty Re: Blackpool in the Premier League!!!

Post  redhandman Tue May 25, 2010 3:09 pm

blackpool played a blinder on this one all the players went onto £90 per week after the playoff final as they have a contract clause stating they drop to summer wages in the close season!

olly mourinhio "she mightnt bee a looker but i got her in the taxi", "i am as happy as a badger in mating season!"
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue May 25, 2010 3:40 pm

I was at Bloomfield road in late October 1970,the last season Blackpool were in the top division.Cold blustery day Blackpool 3-0 up at half time (Tommy Hutchinson playing a blinder). Chelsea came back to win 4-3. Smile Paddy Mulligan a star at the back, Ossie gets the winner. Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down