GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down

+16
Peter Solan the Great
bald eagle
mullins
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
3inarow08
Joseff
bocerty
OMAR
Grenvile
bluearmy1
Real Kerry Fan
Jayo Cluxton
Boxtyeater
mossbags
clash-of-da-ash
20 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who will win?

All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down - Page 2 Tag1044%All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down - Page 2 Tag10 44% 
[ 8 ]
All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down - Page 2 Tag1056%All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down - Page 2 Tag10 56% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 18

All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down - Page 2 Empty Re: All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down

Post  bocerty Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:12 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:It's this coming Sunday, Yeah?????
Everybody who wants to attend is OK for the oul' ticket I take it....
Down agin' Cork I heard yesterday somewhere....
The Intermediate relegation battle in Leitrim caused greater interest....

I blame Biffo and his exploits myself, fookin' gom up drinking pints to grab the headlines....The soldiers of destiny are not to be trusted.... Suspect

still waiting on the tickets Boxty - have you any spare?????????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down - Page 2 Empty Re: All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:26 pm

bocerty wrote:[

Never even looked Boc. Christening duties call on Saturday (mercifully at least not on Sunday ) and expectations are that a multitude of All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down - Page 2 Food-s21 will be consumed causing a degree ofAll Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down - Page 2 Smiley18 on Sunday....Good luck in the minor one..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
bocerty wrote:[

Never even looked Boc. Christening duties call on Saturday (mercifully at least not on Sunday ) and expectations are that a multitude of All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down - Page 2 Food-s21 will be consumed causing a degree ofAll Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down - Page 2 Smiley18 on Sunday....Good luck in the minor one..

i feel were going to need the luck Boxty - not so sure about this team and their hunger for a title - too many young lads too easily influenced by what they read and hear about themselves, not enough lads who would put their neck on the line and take a game by the horns when required.

Cork wont be easy and i see they have made a raft of changes - we have lost our keeper so that could be crucial considering the other 2 lads havent kicked a ball in anger all year.

i can see Cork win the minor and lose the senior
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 pm

bocerty wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:It's this coming Sunday, Yeah?????
Everybody who wants to attend is OK for the oul' ticket I take it....
Down agin' Cork I heard yesterday somewhere....
The Intermediate relegation battle in Leitrim caused greater interest....

I blame Biffo and his exploits myself, fookin' gom up drinking pints to grab the headlines....The soldiers of destiny are not to be trusted.... Suspect

I thought Jayo was giving away one for the best post last week. What happened there Jason?! Suspect

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:34 pm

You're well in the frame Smithy but you wouldn't be able to find the ground, it's so long since ye' were there.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:39 pm

Jonsmith wrote:I thought Jayo was giving away one for the best post last week. What happened there Jason?! Suspect

I won them JS ......... with the only post .... Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:45 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:I thought Jayo was giving away one for the best post last week. What happened there Jason?! Suspect

I won them JS ......... with the only post .... Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Judicial review requested, "Nemo iudex in causa sua" Evil or Very Mad

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:49 pm

Judicial review granted ......... next available Court Date 24 June 2014 .... all evidence to be given in camera ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:00 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Judicial review granted ......... next available Court Date 24 June 2014 .... all evidence to be given in camera ....

Injunction sought to stop Jayo from receiving benefit of possible breach of Constitutional Justice.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:05 am

Granted ....... but the wheels of justice ....... see you in court - December at the earliest.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:16 am

Boxtyeater wrote:You're well in the frame Smithy but you wouldn't be able to find the ground, it's so long since ye' were there.....

I hear you couldn't enjoy the Hurling Final after straining your neck looking up at all the tall buildings on O'Connell street on the way to the game?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

All Ireland Football Final 2010- Cork vs Down - Page 2 Opensa10
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:39 am

JonSmith

Very Impressive knowledge of the constitutinal process
JRS and CA's etc and avenues of legal rectitude
However no harm to you it leads me to conclude that you are a law student or recently earmarked as having been one

I have in my day made lenghty affidavits up to 25 in one case in spirited arguments about various matters of a constituinoal or judicial nature - After 5 years and 15 expert witnesses, 3 barristers and 800k in costs I agreed a score draw -

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:49 am

OMAR wrote:JonSmith

However no harm to you it leads me to conclude that you are a law student or recently earmarked as having been one

I have in my day made lenghty affidavits up to 25 in one case in spirited arguments about various matters of a constituinoal or judicial nature - After 5 years and 15 expert witnesses, 3 barristers and 800k in costs I agreed a score draw -

Yes Omar my current knowledge is unfortunately theory based (coming to an end in the coming months please God) with a minor amount of practical experience. However even that small amount of contact with the Judicial System taught me how far away the two are from one another! I know enough to know how much I don't know..
Know anyone looking for an eager apprentice?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:53 am

[quote="OMAR"]I have in my day made lenghty affidavits up to 25 in one case in spirited arguments about various matters of a constituinoal or judicial nature - After 5 years and 15 expert witnesses, 3 barristers and 800k in costs I agreed a score draw - [quote]

And everyone laughed and went home loaded .... probably at the tax payers expense. And god forbid if you stick your fingers in the till (see numerous Redress Board cases) cos the Law Society will come down on you (one of their own) like a ton of feathers. Ah - self regulation ........ you can't beat it...

ps JS - Sugar always looking for an eager apprentice - but its not too late for you to go out and earn a decent living. Co Co looking for Domestic Garbologists - at least a decent way to earn a crust.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:56 am

Jonsmith wrote:
OMAR wrote:JonSmith

Yes Omar my current knowledge is unfortunately theory based (coming to an end in the coming months please God) with a minor amount of practical experience. However even that small amount of contact with the Judicial System taught me how far away the two are from one another! I know enough to know how much I don't know..
Know anyone looking for an eager apprentice?

Jon my interaction wih accountants or Solictors recently would indicate that the recession proof choice of expertise is insolvency - I suggest you piggy back one of the firms not overly linked to the banks - but who will cream from Nama work - If it was me I would Avoid ALG and focus on MCFitz or ACOX

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:10 am

OMAR wrote:
Jon my interaction wih accountants or Solictors recently would indicate that the recession proof choice of expertise is insolvency - I suggest you piggy back one of the firms not overly linked to the banks - but who will cream from Nama work - If it was me I would Avoid ALG and focus on MCFitz or ACOX

That would be the aim Omar, however the market is flooded and competition is fierce. My CV showing only slightly higher than average grades and a distinct lack of experience doesn't fill me with confidence in being chosen by said firms unless I find someone to highlight my name. Otherwise it's hope to get an interview anywhere at all.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:25 am

JS

I am on Email terms with about a dozen partners in ALG, MCFitz and MHC
now I know nothing about you except that you are not totally illiterate or a fundametantalist based on what I see - also you are a better speller that me

If you wish to disclose your name etc I am happy to email the list of ten or so partners and advise that you are a cousin of a cousin of a friend of a friend etc and I have never met you in person but would apprceciate that your already submitted CV might be considered in the event that they are hiring - You are on your own luck after that

Doesn't cost me anything
PM me if you want a very very vague reference
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:22 am

If we look at the fact that Cork are knocking on the door for the last number of years and have no Kingdom ahead of them then it looks like Cork. But then Down don't lose Finals so long term history would suggest the Mournemen. It must be one of the hardest Finals to call in years. Are Cork due a big game? Will Down play with the abandon and lack of inhibition that saw them past Kerry and Kildare?

I actually think that one of them will not play well on the day and that the match will actually end up well over long before the end. I am thinking it could be Down that flop and that Cork will grasp this opportunity with both hands.

Down fans should be glad to hear this as I have gone against them all the way through and now they are 70 minutes away from glory!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:01 pm

I think Cork are due a big performance this year although the pressure is on them in their third final in four years. I think they will do it by score of 1-14 to 2-8 Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Jonsmith wrote:

That would be the aim Omar, however the market is flooded and competition is fierce. My CV showing only slightly higher than average grades and a distinct lack of experience doesn't fill me with confidence in being chosen by said firms unless I find someone to highlight my name. Otherwise it's hope to get an interview anywhere at all.

Will I see you in the RDS in the coming weeks JS??? study
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:39 pm

3inarow08 wrote:Will I see you in the RDS in the coming weeks JS??? study

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is JS one of these lads????????
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
3inarow08 wrote:Will I see you in the RDS in the coming weeks JS??? study

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is JS one of these lads????????

That's what I'm getting at alright..........no doubt he's the looker with the long blonde locks on the right.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  bluearmy1 Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Few factors that I think are going to be massive in this game which really is a tough one to call:

-Down are hitting form at the right time of the year. As Marty Clarke pointed out in the Irish news, every game since they lost to Tyrone in the Ulster semi-final has seen them play teams of increasing difficulty. Each time they have upped their game. The team has gelled well and confidence is high. They have finally brought skill and heart together...and Down teams in recent years have really lacked heart.

-Down's management team is one of the best in the business, they have completely transformed this team from skilful chokers into quite a formidable force. Conor Counihan and his backroom staf fhave brought Cork to yet another All-Ireland final which speaks volumes of their abilty to keep a team at the top level. But so far this year they haven't really shown any real tactical awareness. McCartan and Co. have been quick to iron out weaknesses in Down's game whenever they arise.

-Cork have experience of All-Ireland finals but crucially they have only experienced losing them. While disappointment may provide motivation it will also put doubts in their head. At a special breakfast held in the Canal Court yesterday for the Down team I was amazed at how relaxed they are about the final. This is reflected in their style of play....they play with abandon as many people have already said. So it's Cork's experience against Down's freestyle....it will all depend on which team uses their mental attributes to greater effect.

-If Cork change their style of play it may cause Down some problems. Daniel Goulding for me is Cork's biggest threat. Well aimed high ball into him may cause serious problems for the Down full backs. Gordon can get his hand to any high ball of course but I would worry about Down's ability to win the dirty ball in this area if Gordon can't hold on to it.

-Down will have to be more careful in midfield this time aorund. Traditional kickouts right into the middle favoured King and Fitzpatrick against Kildare but may not be so effective against Cork. However, Ambrose Rodgers appears almost certain to play some part in this game and if fit he can hold his own against any man. Conor Maginn has also proven himself to be very handy at winning the dirty ball and coming out with it. If Down's midfield are in trouble I would expect him to be brought on and I must say he has been hugely influential so far when called in.

-Down will seek to dictate the pace of this game. If this game is played at high tempo it would play right into Down's hands. This team loves fast football and as the pace of the game increases their energy increases with it. But like we saw against Tyrone and in the opening phase of the Kildare game, steady controlled football decreases the pace of the game and favours the more physical opponent. It must be remembered though that while Cork have now had plenty of time to consider this it must also be remembered that Down are playing a different brand of football than they did against Tyrone and that when all is said done they played better football than Kildare for the majority of that game.

-Down are peaking at the right time. James McCartan will instill his famous never say die attitude into this team. Whether 4 points up or 4 points down they will not stop like they did against Tyrone, like they did against Kerry for quite a long spell, and like they did against Kildare at crucial stages. Each time they have took it up a step. But then again who can really say how this game is going to go? A Down team who could hardly believe that they reached an All-Ireland final or a Cork team that will have some doubts?

Hill 16 on Sunday.....I've waited for this moment for most of my life and I just hope we come out on the right side. But the lads have done brilliantly this year and this confidence will serve Down well in the future....plus an All-Ireland win would make us team of the decade at least until next September Smile

bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Good stuff Bluearmy. I hear that James Mc had a training match the other night with the tannoy blaring out a pipe band - just to get the players used to not being able to communicate cos of the noise! Thats attention to detail!

Is it your first senior final? It will be great on the Hill alright.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next